FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1060667-gate-lice-coming-gate-lice-coming.html)

dzflyer Jun 6, 2016 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by yohanson (Post 26739626)
Same gate, same destination. Pretty much the same experience.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...pswdpbbfsx.jpg

Kryptonium gate lice.:D

Bear4Asian Jun 9, 2016 11:35 am

Originally Posted by accdraw (Post 26424021)
awwwww, i enjoy this thread. After many flights, i fully intend to gripe about a gate licing (?) but reading all the others is cathartic. this is where i get de-loused. :p :d

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Widgets Jun 9, 2016 12:37 pm

Is it normal for 4 passengers to be standing on the Sky Priority rug 70 minutes before departure for an international flight? They had that "impatient boarding" stance with their carry-ons.

KDCAflyer Jun 9, 2016 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets (Post 26753999)
Is it normal for 4 passengers to be standing on the Sky Priority rug 70 minutes before departure for an international flight? They had that "impatient boarding" stance with their carry-ons.

Yeah, that's normal.

dzflyer Jun 9, 2016 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 26754032)
Yeah, that's normal.

That's crazy. I was still in F sky club ATL at T35 drinking premium alcohol prior to boarding D1 on Tuesday :D

puddinhead Jun 9, 2016 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by dzflyer (Post 26754040)
That's crazy. I was still in F sky club ATL at T35 drinking premium alcohol prior to boarding D1 on Tuesday :D

+1

I like to be the last person on the plane. We'll all get there at the same time so what's the point of waiting in line or extra BIS time?

Widgets Jun 9, 2016 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by puddinhead (Post 26754228)
+1

I like to be the last person on the plane. We'll all get there at the same time so what's the point of waiting in line or extra BIS time?

And it's so relaxing! Gate is empty, jetway is empty, and the FAs are less stressed/busy and more friendly.

Qwkynuf Jun 9, 2016 1:37 pm

The worst clot of gate lice I have seen in a long time was a couple of weeks ago for a flight from JFK to ROC. It was a CRJ900, so one of the small gates way out at the end of the B concourse, I think.

Anyway 15-20 minutes before boarding, a group of 6 or 8 people form a knot blocking the entrance to the SkyPriority lane. They hover there as the pre-boarders are called. I figure they must be the rest of the First cabin, since I know that I have one of the seats... and there aren't very many on that plane.

Premium cabin is called, and they don't move. Several of us have to "excuse" ourselves through the group to get to the scanner.

As I pass through the group, I can't help but notice that each of their carryons have a "Crew" tag on them.

They boarded last, and didn't all sit together, so I assume they were "nonrevs"? Still can't figure out why so many would have been going to Rochester, or why they thought is was appropriate to stake out *all* of the space in front of the SP lane.....

yohanson Jun 9, 2016 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by dzflyer (Post 26740116)
Kryptonium gate lice.:D

The one GA is calling for Preboards. The guy with the backpack only showed up a minute before and attempted to board. The other GA said they weren't boarding yet so he stood where he is standing in the picture. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been anyone directly in front of the boarding area.

Zorak Jun 12, 2016 5:33 pm

1 Attachment(s)
LAX this morning, and I don't think they had even called for preboarding yet:

Attachment 14276

although they must have called it shortly thereafter, based on the FlyDelta app notification and the mass of people that joined both lines shortly thereafter. I can't be sure, because although there were loud and clear announcements for 3 gates around us in various stages of boarding, neither I nor the people around me heard any announcements for our flight, and the only way to know that PREM was boarding was when some obvious non-preboarders started moving forward, parting of the Red Sea etc. and scanning their BPs.

ace587 Aug 3, 2016 3:53 pm

1 Attachment(s)
DL 1169 MIA-LAX. 10 minute before boarding There were a line of Zone 2's upfront in the Sky Priority lane that tried to scan in once they called PREM. They backed up the line and the PREM passengers had a hard time getting in.

ACCDraw Aug 3, 2016 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets (Post 26753999)

"Impatient boarding" stance - LOL.
Kinda like standing in line, waiting to use the restroom at a ballgame.

Widgets Aug 3, 2016 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by ACCDraw (Post 27012011)
"Impatient boarding" stance - LOL.
Kinda like standing in line, waiting to use the restroom at a ballgame.

Left elbow leaning on the carry-on handle with phone out (probably refreshing the Delta app upgrade list every second), and right hand on hip. Feet start tapping 15 min before boarding.

KDCAflyer Aug 3, 2016 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets (Post 27012085)
Left elbow leaning on the carry-on handle with phone out (probably refreshing the Delta app upgrade list every second), and right hand on hip. Feet start tapping 15 min before boarding.

Have they rushed the podium yet?

jrl767 Aug 3, 2016 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets (Post 27012085)

priceless :D