Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta applies for HND-SEA/LAX/HNL/DTW

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by mersk862
FWIW, AA has also gotten its application in now (today was the deadline) - they've applied for JFK-HND and LAX-HND, expressing a preference for JFK-HND if they can only get one slot.
So DL has direct competition for 2 of the 4. This is going to be interesting.

CO vs AA from NYC
CS from GUM
DL from SEA
DL from DTW
DL vs HA from HNL
DL vs AA from LAX
UA from SFO
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Can't we twist Japan's arms, maybe just one arm, to open up more slots? We won't buy your JAL, or even Toyota!
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Open skies but not quiet? A proper open skies agreement does not limit the number of slots. Airlines should be able to buy slots off other airlines. Are thehre lots of flights arriving/departing in the middle of the night? DL, CO, UA, AA< let them all fly to HND.
I believe it will become more open after the 4th runway opens. That will greatly increase the airport's capacity.

David
Old Feb 16, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Routing choices are good but going/return timings just suck! Arriving HND at 10p meaning most ground transportation options are out, including the Airport Limosine buses.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 6:32 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Bingo!

Originally Posted by eddie1973
Routing choices are good but going/return timings just suck! Arriving HND at 10p meaning most ground transportation options are out, including the Airport Limosine buses.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Not quite. I've just checked the current timetable for Tokyo Monorail, and the last departure from Haneda towards Tokyo is about 23:50. So, if the flights arrive at 22:00, I would imagine there would be just time to catch the train into the city. The planned 00:00 (midnight) HNL-HND arrival would be a problem.

Also, if there were to be an arriving bank of flights from the US at 22:00 or later, I would imagine some public transportation provider would adjust their schedules accordingly - I would think bus services would be the most flexible in this regard.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mnbp
Not quite. I've just checked the current timetable for Tokyo Monorail, and the last departure from Haneda towards Tokyo is about 23:50. So, if the flights arrive at 22:00, I would imagine there would be just time to catch the train into the city. The planned 00:00 (midnight) HNL-HND arrival would be a problem.

Also, if there were to be an arriving bank of flights from the US at 22:00 or later, I would imagine some public transportation provider would adjust their schedules accordingly - I would think bus services would be the most flexible in this regard.
Thanks for the clarification. Does anyone think there might be something behind the weird timing of these flights (ie. HND restrictions)? I looked at the timing of the proposed NYC/GUM-HND flights and they are also arriving around 10p. These times are not convenient by any means!
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Thanks for the clarification. Does anyone think there might be something behind the weird timing of these flights (ie. HND restrictions)? I looked at the timing of the proposed NYC/GUM-HND flights and they are also arriving around 10p. These times are not convenient by any means!
It is because of restrictions that these flights are timed as such.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
I believe it will become more open after the 4th runway opens. That will greatly increase the airport's capacity.

David
Negative, the start of the routes are timed for the opening of the new runway.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Yaatri
These arrival timed in HND allow for connections to SIN/BKK that arrive at a less ungodly time. Arriving around midnight is not good time.
No. It does not good for you at all. It should have to be flexibility the schedules to leave around 4pm or 5pm bounds for USA flight. It should have to do changeability the schedules out of USA-HND nonstop have to leave around 11am or 12pm is better timing whose connecting the flight incoming into DTW, LAX, HNL, SEA.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
It is because of restrictions that these flights are timed as such.
Why the restrictions in HND?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
It's great timing if you're going to Tokyo or based in Tokyo I'm sure the awards will be:

DL - DTW
UA - SFO
AA - LAX
CO - EWR
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:32 pm
Suspended

With few options other than a taxi for both arriving and departing passengers, it should be good for making onward connections. If JAL were to fall in the Skyteam camp, that would be feasible.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
My guess is they realize that they are only going to get two of those slots. There is some slack in the 747 schedule as well (some being used for charters), and they could likely pick up some 777s to replace some 747 flying currently (on routes such as JFK-TLV and JFK-NRT).
How about 1
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Mariott Plat, HH Diam
With *A and oneworld having Pacific anti-trust partners, doesn't that give Delta a shot at getting more slots than the others?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.