Community
Wiki Posts
Search

http://www.delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2010, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by redtailshark
Yes. Next, he might claim something like "SM is :-: best in class :-:
Actually, he said "best of both" if you recall as well.

Originally Posted by redtailshark
We appreciate your efforts in these respects. I've seen acknowledgments of your work and your communication here before.

But the real issue is the complete lack of functionality of the SM system. However much fixing is done with DL.COM, it can't help if - for example - there's no published award chart for non-US origins so nobody knows whether their 300k ticket from HNL to TPE is a SkySnork one or not.

And the issues with NWA.COM were minor in comparison. They certainly didn't have the potential to drive people to other airlines, as the SM dysfunctionality does. I do realize that this is well beyond your power to correct. But you can expect continuing criticism of DL.COM even if it effectively delivers as your management intends - this is because what revmgmt intends is so limited as to be almost useless from the customer viewpoint.

One day, I hope you have the chance to work for an airline management who are more forward-looking and who allocate the website, and you, the authority to make things happen in ways that genuinely satisfy customers.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.