Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL 164 tonight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL (former NWA) PM
Delta.com Equipment Error DL 164?

Delta.com shows your flight as a 767-200, I'm assuming this is another .com issue? It the A/C a 767-300ER?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Delta GM, CO GE
Originally Posted by NHFL9
Agree with one caveat. Passengers on eligible fares should be able to upgrade day of departure using PMUs or miles if there are empty seats. Doesn't seem right that employees wind up in BE for free when a PM on a $2,500+ M fare wanting to use a PMU rides in the back.
Amen! You are absolutely correct. I am sick of employees moving up front (usually with a wink and nod by the GA) while I sit with M fare, or higher and don't get an upgrade (3x since the DL/NWA merger). Sorry that is not a perk for an employee: If there are not any (of any type on any fare) elites in the back, fine: otherwise the customer comes first---end of story (except for company pilots: at least that is what I was told by DL --- "in case of an emergency"). On my last flight I DL a note about the "NetJet" pilots that went up front while two plats and me were in the coach--there were two seats so I would not have gotten one but, heck, the plat's who were heavy fliers too got squat: I myself on this particular flight had paid a walk-up fare because of a short notice business trip and it was was a straight up "Y" fare. DL was very apologetic too. Which was nice of them and I accepted that. However, the principle, in my view, stands: to wit, the customers come first not *after* an FA/mechanic/whoever is dead-heading home. That can been done in coach.

Last edited by Himmelhund; Dec 7, 2009 at 6:42 pm Reason: missing word
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL/NW, Proud Sky Club Member
Originally Posted by redtailshark
Well, it would be even better if you were DL staff and could invoke NRSA privilige then you'd be sure to ride in J.....watch those DL staff colonize BE!
Originally Posted by Himmelhund
Amen! You are absolutely correct. I am sick of employees moving up front (usually with a wink and nod by the GA) while I sit with M fare, or higher and don't get an upgrade (3x since the DL/NWA merger). Sorry that is not a perk for an employee.

Maybe if you paid more attention to your own employment and less to what delta employees are doing you could buy a business class seat.
Once again.... if the airline gave these seats away to people that buy them...then no one would buy them... and like we have all seen happen to domestic first class..the service would be reduced to basically just a bigger seat.
Morale of the story... if you want to sit up front buy a first class ticket ..plain and simple

Last edited by Funkywabit; Dec 7, 2009 at 6:47 pm
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL (former NWA) PM
Delta Employee?

Originally Posted by Funkywabit
Maybe if you paid more attention to your own employment and less to what delta employees are doing you could buy a business class seat.
Once again.... if the airline gave these seats away to people that buy them...then no one would buy them... and like we have all seen happen to domestic first class..the service would be reduced to basically just a bigger seat.
You sound like a DL employee, careful what you post here...
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL/NW, Proud Sky Club Member
ohh I am not employed by Delta or any other airline.. just tired of people whining about not getting something they didnt pay for

Originally Posted by msp727
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:54 pm

Thumbs down

I don't know if he is a delta employee or not but this subject of employees sitting in business class has beeb beat to death.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Delta.com shows your flight as a 767-200, I'm assuming this is another .com issue? It the A/C a 767-300ER?
No, not at all. Yes, it is on operating 767-300ER aircraft. Delta.com is put wrong equipment and I knew it is operated 767-300ER. Because older aircraft has been already retired from years ago. DL should have to fixed the entire site to be change the equipment from -200 to -300ER aircraft. DL must have to be correctly right equipment is 767-300ER. It will have to be converted the equipment from 200 to 300ER aircraft.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:49 pm

Post Police?

So are you the post/opinion police on FT?

Any employee or otherwise can post up any opinion they want. There are no rules as to who can post an opinion and who cannot.

Get a grip.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by firstmob
I don't know if he is a delta employee or not but this subject of employees sitting in business class has beeb beat to death.
It has... And its even more crazy for someone to believe that Revenue Management would rather see a J class go out with an NRSA in it than a paying PAX.

People are using the fact that NRSA get to sit in J as to why DL wont release the seat for upgrade inventory when it actually has nothing to do with that. Pure simple business logic says that DL wants to protect those seats from people buying Y and the upgrading to J. NRSA do not play into this business logic at all.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DLBeno
So are you the post/opinion police on FT?

Any employee or otherwise can post up any opinion they want. There are no rules as to who can post an opinion and who cannot.

Get a grip.
There have been numerous examples of various airline employees getting in trouble for posting on FT. Most have revolved around disseminating information their employer felt was confidential as opposed to making a rude remark to a DL customer, which was the case here. Sounds like msp727 was just trying to be helpful.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
There have been numerous examples of various airline employees getting in trouble for posting on FT. Most have revolved around disseminating information their employer felt was confidential as opposed to making a rude remark to a DL customer, which was the case here. Sounds like msp727 was just trying to be helpful.
The original poster only gave an opinion about what they thought--however msp727 took the rhetorical nature of the post seems to be the issue.

The fact of the matter is that no information was disseminated and an opinion was given by a poster.

I don't think any employees have anything to worry about in terms of posting opinions.

Its the FTer's here with an "us against them" mentality that generally have the problems and which is--to a certain degree--why I don't bother helping folks here anymore.

Just not worth it in the long run.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DLBeno

I don't think any employees have anything to worry about in terms of posting opinions.
Understand. The "Maybe if you paid more attention to your own employment and less to what delta employees are doing you could buy a business class sea t" is a bit off-putting and it seemed the suggestion was why leave yourself open to getting in trouble. Of course, everyone has to make their own choices on what they say. Certainly, if I were an employee I would not say anything to a FTer I wouldn't say to a customer standing in front of me. It should be possible to have discussions without being condescending or rude. Of course that goes both way, but it seems a stretch DL is going to ban any FTer based on what they saying to a DL employee on this board; the reverse could have consequences.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Hahahaha. Nice.

Since this thread went so off topic, I am gonna try and bring it back. I wonder if our fellow FTer got the op-up?

zz
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM / Hilton Diamond
If I understand the nonrev policies correctly, employees are entitled to seats not occupied , whatever the reason may be. The two issues here seem unrelated.
Delta may not make high coach fares eligible for upgrade. So what? If I want to sit in business, I will buy a business class seat. You guys just need to stop blaming employees for using their benefits. And I agree with the above poster. If your company does not provide you with J travel, find one that will.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingForEternity
If your company does not provide you with J travel, find one that will.
Or find an airline that has a good Top Tier intl upgrade program

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.