Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL 164 tonight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Air Berlin Gold, Etihad Silver (bad move)
DL 164 tonight

Just wondering what the pros estimate the upgrade possiblities for a Sky Miles Elite plus(FB Plat) on this flight tonight Dec 7? Cant figure out from seatcounter if it is oversold.

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
J9 D9 S9 I9 Y3 B0 M0 H0 Q0 K0 L0 U0 T0

I read this as coach is oversold by enough that they are only authorizing another 3 seats in Y to be sold. Based on my experience and the fact that its a 767 I would guess that Y is oversold somewhere between 8-13 currently.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: DL DM
I'd concur. I witnessed an op-up in March when it was Y6. CRC informed me they were oversold by 6 passengers (two hours before flight); ultimately they moved up one PM and one GM. So you have a chance but it would be better if you were a DL elite.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:55 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Well, it would be even better if you were DL staff and could invoke NRSA privilige then you'd be sure to ride in J.....watch those DL staff colonize BE!
Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by redtailshark
Well, it would be even better if you were DL staff and could invoke NRSA privilige then you'd be sure to ride in J.....watch those DL staff colonize BE!
I'm not even sure what you mean by this or what you may be insinuating.

This is an international route, correct? And what are the rules for elite upgrades on international routes?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

here's a quick update...im in the lounge at jfk now and the staff here feel that there wont be any upgrades necessary...though i'm not sure why
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Irelandflyer
here's a quick update...im in the lounge at jfk now and the staff here feel that there wont be any upgrades necessary...though i'm not sure why
Odd... it shows Y0 on ExpertFlyer... keep the faith
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Will try to keep the faith! And thanks to everyone who's given input!
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Flight is at 9.20pm so i assume the smart thing to do is to head to the gate an hour before that?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Irelandflyer
Flight is at 9.20pm so i assume the smart thing to do is to head to the gate an hour before that?
Not necessarily. Either you'll get the op-up or you won't no matter if you're at the gate early. The GA gives out operational upgrades based on a list ordered by Elite status and fare codes that the computer calculates.

I've showed up during the boarding process after having spent some more time in the lounge and still received an op-up.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by acjflyer
Not necessarily. Either you'll get the op-up or you won't no matter if you're at the gate early. The GA gives out operational upgrades based on a list ordered by Elite status and fare codes that the computer calculates.

I've showed up during the boarding process after having spent some more time in the lounge and still received an op-up.
Concur 100%. When it happened to me I saw my seat assignment assigned to someone else the "cleared" list...
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I'm not even sure what you mean by this or what you may be insinuating.

This is an international route, correct?
Yes, that's correct.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM / Hilton Diamond
What is wrong with employees getting J seats if they were not purchased?
IMHO it is one of the very few perks one gets for working in the airline industry.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingForEternity
What is wrong with employees getting J seats if they were not purchased?
IMHO it is one of the very few perks one gets for working in the airline industry.
Agree with one caveat. Passengers on eligible fares should be able to upgrade day of departure using PMUs or miles if there are empty seats. Doesn't seem right that employees wind up in BE for free when a PM on a $2,500+ M fare wanting to use a PMU rides in the back.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NHFL9
Agree with one caveat. Passengers on eligible fares should be able to upgrade day of departure using PMUs or miles if there are empty seats. Doesn't seem right that employees wind up in BE for free when a PM on a $2,500+ M fare wanting to use a PMU rides in the back.
I fly mostly with Air France sometimes on very small aircraft and crazy high Y fares. It can be tough to be crammed in like sardines watching staff in biz. But i guess if i were in the industry, i'd be tempted to look after my buddies too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.