Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL 164 tonight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by inyourvillages
Ok, then you misunderstood the post that you replied to that prompted my response. There were people on the overhead standby list. If they got into biz, it's because they were supposed to be on that list.

Unless you're missing out on some published or official benefit, I don't understand the complaint. You're a PM? What is the status of trans-atlantic upgrades for PMs?
What's this "overhead standby list" ?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 8:24 pm

Programs: legions, foreign and domestic
You know, the monitors that show the standby list. The post you responded to (you even quoted it) said:

Originally Posted by Irelandflyer
No upgrade, and it appears that a lot of people on the standby list went into Biz Elite. No big deal.
You said it was a big deal. I'm saying that people on the standby list are supposed to be there for some reason or another. Little old ladies don't get added to the standby list just because the GA feels sorry for them. That would leave a paper trail that would get the GA in trouble.

OTOH, NRSAs DO show up on the standby list. They're flying standby.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by thesaints
You are not, but it would make good business sense that they were upgraded ahead of non-elites in overbooking situations.
Not that hard a concept to understand, n'est ce pas ?
I'm just saying that you're likely assuming a lot of things aren't in the record. For example, did you know that one of the rules for flying NRSA is that you don't discuss it with other passengers, even other NRSA?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 8:41 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Just to bring the OP back in context.

He is an FB elite, not a DL elite. So the standby list could have included DL Elites wanting to use PMUs, NRSA, and DL elites.

Thanks to the wonderful Skyteam integration FB status is the least important for this.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HGP Diamond, PC Platinum
I'm just saying that you're likely assuming a lot of things aren't in the record. For example, did you know that one of the rules for flying NRSA is that you don't discuss it with other passengers, even other NRSA?
That's a very interesting rule. I work in telecoms... I don't work for a carrier, but I know lots of folks who do. It's no secret that their employees get discounted phone plans and generous upgrade policies. They don't prioritize employee calls over customer calls, and when there isn't enough inventory of a popular phone then they don't make it available to employees until inventory has caught up with demand from customers (new customers, folks paying full price, and even folks applying for upgrades). If they did either of those things, they'd probably have a policy of not discussing it.

Of course, according to the ACSI, Americans are only marginally happier with their cell phone providers than they are their airlines... so we're certainly not an industry to hold up as a model of customer satisfaction. I mean, if you did, you'd probably end up with a two-year commitment every time DL tossed you an upgrade
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:13 pm

How do you know that they were non-medallions, weren't NRSA and/or hadn't paid full-Y?

And again, am I missing some benefit that says PM (or any medallion) is supposed to get upgraded on trans-Atlantic flights?
How do I know? I talked to them. They were NON MEDALLIONS. NOT NRSA. Just OpUp's.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:15 pm

That doesn't stop them from answering questions... or seeing BP's
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:27 pm

Just know that a NRSA shouldn't disclose that they're NRSA.

Anyway, sounds like you got what you paid for
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:57 pm

Oh, I know... I've gone NRSA before internationally... back when they required leather dress shoes...

And I did get what I paid for... J.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:02 am

Programs: DL FO...ex-PM, GM...does it really even matter these days? LOL...

But it's quite easy to see the NRSA on their BP!

Having been op-up'd 4 times this year, there was one flight from JFK to DUB where there were many, many BPs showing no status and no NRSA. The passengers were talking openly about how surprised they were at being upgraded, taking pics, etc. I presume I was one of the first (being PM), and there were no other elites or NRSAs in line.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 4:40 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Originally Posted by Irelandflyer
No upgrade, and it appears that a lot of people on the standby list went into Biz Elite. No big deal.
Sorry you didn't make it. I've only had 1 opp up in 7 years as a Delta PM from Dublin to ATL/JFK. Now book in M and use PMU/SKYbonus or miles to upgrade. Most important on trip home.

I actually fly more miles with Air France than Delta, not sure which progam is better for me?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:07 am

When the flight is oversold somebody HAS to be on the standby list.
It stands to reason that occasional flyers are more likely to end up there, since old salts make sure to reserve exits seats and the likes.

Revenue management sells tickets occasionally overselling Y, Check in checks in anybody with a ticket and GA sorts out the mess.
Since I select my seats when I buy and I'm first preference being PM, I never am on the standby list. Yet, I would expect when DL has to move somebody up that someone would be me or another fellow PM, etc.

Last edited by thesaints; Dec 9, 2009 at 8:18 am
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:43 am
KLC
In Memoriam

The standby list could also include irrops-impacted or misconnect pax who weren't originally booked on the flight. I've seen Delta move more of those pax to FC in recent months than in the past.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by KLC
The standby list could also include irrops-impacted or misconnect pax who weren't originally booked on the flight. I've seen Delta move more of those pax to FC in recent months than in the past.
Yes, those are the "etc." in my post. I'm asking if there is an official DL policy, or if everything is left to the GA to decide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.