Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

E mailed DL....received auto reply from NW???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2009, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver

I just e mailed Delta from the DL website regarding a good inflight experience on a DL flight. I just received the auto reply from NWA.
I know they are the same airline now, but in the past, since the merger, when I have e mailed DL, the auto reply and the actual response were from Delta, not Northwest. I'm not questioning the auto response itself, but rather why it came from NW and not DL. I can't wait to see who actually responds to the letter I wrote.
Here is the auto response I received.

Dear XXXX,

This is an automatically generated message to acknowledge the receipt of
your email. Please do not reply to this message.

Thank you for allowing us to address your concerns. If you requested a
response to your email, you should hear from us in 4 days. If you need
assistance with a current reservation please contact Northwest Airlines
at 1-800-225-2525.

Northwest/KLM Airlines/Delta Air Lines
Customer Care

Northwest Airlines is now part of Delta Air Lines
Old Nov 23, 2009, 3:12 pm

Most likely the nw system is the go-forward system. It's not that big of a deal since it's a vended system. I'm sure they'll update the form letters soon.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
1) Search is your friend...this topic has many many threads on it

2) As noted in the above mentioned threads you'll be better off having your issue handled by NWA than by DL...
Old Nov 24, 2009, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by socrates
1) Search is your friend...this topic has many many threads on it

2) As noted in the above mentioned threads you'll be better off having your issue handled by NWA than by DL...
Number 2 is questionable - NWA agents still cant handle that many Delta issues due to system limitations. As much as I prefer NWA customer service, I'd much rather have a DL agent handle a DL problem.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Ah yes NW > DL.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 7:49 am

Just because they've consolidated to one system does not mean that NW agents are taking care of all the issues.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Ah yes NW > DL
From a customer care standpoint, yes. (I've dealt with both)
Old Nov 24, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta DM / Hilton Diamond
I've talked to a friend who works at Delta Customer Care the other day and she mentioned that they are utilizing NW's software platform for the department. I suppose that could be the reason.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Number 2 is questionable - NWA agents still cant handle that many Delta issues due to system limitations. As much as I prefer NWA customer service, I'd much rather have a DL agent handle a DL problem.
legacy NWA agents have access to both DLMatic and PARS these days and all but a few have been trained in DLMatic
Old Nov 24, 2009, 11:24 am

legacy NWA agents have access to both DLMatic and PARS these days and all but a few have been trained in DLMatic

That maybe so, but they still cant issue eTCVs or issue refunds easily (at least, that's been my experience lately when my Delta request was handled by NWA).
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; NW Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
Ah yes NW > DL.
Andy,

You have reached step three of the eight step acceptance program; hang in there, we will have you converted in no time. Acceptance is good...resistance is futile.

All in fun..
Old Nov 24, 2009, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by LKYGSR
Andy,

You have reached step three of the eight step acceptance program; hang in there, we will have you converted in no time. Acceptance is good...resistance is futile.

All in fun..
This thread was a simple question about why NWA agents are replying to Delta submitted messages. That question has been addressed before. It only took 2 replies to stray from the original purpose of the post to another NW is better than DL jab.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 2:59 pm

This thread was a simple question about why NWA agents are replying to Delta submitted messages. That question has been addressed before. It only took 2 replies to stray from the original purpose of the post to another NW is better than DL jab.
Is it really a jab though? NWA customer service agents have always been known to be more empowered to assist customers. Even Anderson admitted this was a weakness among Delta that he intends to fix.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That maybe so, but they still cant issue eTCVs or issue refunds easily (at least, that's been my experience lately when my Delta request was handled by NWA).
What I think you're forgetting is DLMatic is a very very old system which requires many many things to be processed manually - the agents are use to having the system (PARS) do many of these functions, imagine for a second if you were to loose your current computer and have to start using a DOS based system...you'd have issues too
Old Nov 25, 2009, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it really a jab though? NWA customer service agents have always been known to be more empowered to assist customers. Even Anderson admitted this was a weakness among Delta that he intends to fix.
Exactly, Anderson has always been a very customer focused individual

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.