Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2012, 9:21 am

Sky club 30 day membership, access to klm lounge in schiphol

Hi

Flying out from Edinburgh to bangkok via Amsterdam with klm on Sept 24th. Looking at getting a sky club 30 day membership so we can access the klm lounge in schiphol. Two questions: 1- Would i definitely get access to the lounge with a printed membership? 2- Should i get one or two memberships as i will be with my wife?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
If you are flying KLM you should look at their version of lounge pass to ensure access in EDI AMS and BKK.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Didn't see this posted in the past two pages- if someone buys a one day DL SC pass can they apply this towards a 30 day SC membership? I understand the 30 day can go towards a full year one, but the latter was not outlined online. Thanks ^
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Didn't see this posted in the past two pages- if someone buys a one day DL SC pass can they apply this towards a 30 day SC membership? I understand the 30 day can go towards a full year one, but the latter was not outlined online. Thanks ^
Nope. Only the 1 and 3 year memberships. From the FAQ on delta.com --

"The cost of a One-Day Pass may be credited within 60 days of purchase and a 30-Day Membership may be credited within 60 days of expiration to the cost of an annual or three-year membership; however, the annual or three-year membership must be purchased in-person at a Club location to receive the credit. This offer is not available for purchase online. This offer is not retroactive and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount or frequent flyer program Award."
Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by LBJ
Nope. Only the 1 and 3 year memberships. From the FAQ on delta.com --

"The cost of a One-Day Pass may be credited within 60 days of purchase and a 30-Day Membership may be credited within 60 days of expiration to the cost of an annual or three-year membership; however, the annual or three-year membership must be purchased in-person at a Club location to receive the credit. This offer is not available for purchase online. This offer is not retroactive and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount or frequent flyer program Award."
Yeah I found the FAQ attached after I bought the pass... (moments ago)

-Just got some help from @DeltaAssist and cancelled the pass. Will get 30 day pass.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
I just wanted to get an update on current experiences with using the paper temporary 30 day membership card at the SkyTeam lounge at LHR. I bought the membership today, and fly in two weeks, but won't be near a SkyClub to get a "hard copy" beforehand. My SkyClub membership is linked to my SkyMiles number, so I assume it'll show up on my boarding pass.

Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:17 pm

Trying to decide if the 30 day pass is worth it for me for this month. Most of this is European and the vague "select AF & KL lounges" has me skittish...

DFW 3:30 (not a connection, just a wait)
OSL 3:00 ("")
ZRH 2:00
AMS 3:50

Thoughts?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by PeteyNice
Trying to decide if the 30 day pass is worth it for me for this month. Most of this is European and the vague "select AF & KL lounges" has me skittish...

Thoughts?
Add more travel?

At least in DFW you can get the paper copy of your pass.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
I just wanted to get an update on current experiences with using the paper temporary 30 day membership card at the SkyTeam lounge at LHR. I bought the membership today, and fly in two weeks, but won't be near a SkyClub to get a "hard copy" beforehand. My SkyClub membership is linked to my SkyMiles number, so I assume it'll show up on my boarding pass.

Thanks for your help!
If you're on DL metal from the US to LHR, your outbound BP will show SC. However, the BP that gets printed at LHR for your return (when you may be more likely to try to access a lounge) may or may not include that you a SC member. I've had spotty success in international airports printing SC on the BP.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PeteyNice

Thoughts?

Did you refer to this? http://www.delta.com/skyclub/skyclub...cations.action

Pretty clear that a Sky Club membership (whether 30 day or regular) will only get you in at DFW and AMS. OSL and ZRH are not listed for access with just a Sky Club membership.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by jsmith50
If you're on DL metal from the US to LHR, your outbound BP will show SC. However, the BP that gets printed at LHR for your return (when you may be more likely to try to access a lounge) may or may not include that you a SC member. I've had spotty success in international airports printing SC on the BP.
Actually, I'm based here in London, so LHR will be my outbound airport. I'll just hope they let me in without any problems; otherwise I'll pull up the Skyclub page on the Delta website, and show them my paper Skyclub membership card.

Fingers crossed.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 5:49 am

I just did OLCI for my LHR-USA flight, and my boarding pass printed out with SC next to my elite level. I'm crossing my fingers that that means I'll be fine tomorrow.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
30 day Sky Club no longer at Virgin Australia

I found a 2012 article about using a 30 day Sky Club pass for Virgin and was about to get one, since for $90 two people get access for a month, only to see a hidden note:

Starting Aug 1, 30-day members and members with temp cards will no longer have access to Virgin Australia Lounge.

Wonder if I buy now whether I can get grandfathered in...

This should probably be posted on the Virgin page as well as an FYI
Old Jul 4, 2013, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
I just did OLCI for my LHR-USA flight, and my boarding pass printed out with SC next to my elite level. I'm crossing my fingers that that means I'll be fine tomorrow.
The dragon didn't even bat an eye; now I'm enjoying a full English while I wait for my flight.

Happy Fourth, y'all.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Delta
buying for someone else?

I don't live in a city with a Skyclub at the airport. Is it possible for a friend to buy a 30 day pass in my name at their local Skyclub and then mail it to me? I want to use it for partner lounges in Europe and apparently the online version isn't accepted at these.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.