FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1016325-30-day-delta-sky-club-membership-no-longer-available-definitive-thread.html)

JAGMAP Apr 20, 2009 8:43 pm

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Apologies if this has been addressed, but couldn't find anything using search.

Interested in purchasing a 30 day Sky Club membership for $90 and curious of others' experiences (yes, I know I could call but hearing first hand is so much more fun) :cool:

(1) When does the 30-day period begin? When you buy it on the web or the first time you visit a club?

(2) Rules state the membership is only valid for DL, NW, and CO clubs, yet, when you filter on Delta Sky Club Member it lists a lot of partner lounges (KE, AS, etc.). How will they know whether you are only a 30-day member?

(3) Is a Sky Club membership card issued? Is it mailed to your home prior to your trip? Or do they just print it on boarding pass stock?

Thoughts appreciated.

CObigtimefan Apr 20, 2009 11:12 pm

Don't quote me 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure:

1) Right away, when your purchase it online
2) It will only be valid for DL, NW, and CO lounges
3) No card is issued. The "card" will be issued on your computer in which you'll print out.

Hope this helps.

TheMadBrewer Apr 20, 2009 11:32 pm

I called the NW Elite line today on this subject: She Who Must Be Obeyed is meeting me in Germany for the last leg of my trip next month and has a 3 1/2 hour layover in AMS. I asked about a day pass and was told they are only good in in US but was told the 30 and 60 (or was it 90?) day passes are just like the "real thing" and would be valid at the KLM lounges in AMS.

I will of course double check this before I spring -- I might be willing to attempt battle with the KLM lounge dragons but She would probably walk away (thereby wasting my $90 :) )

flyzabit Apr 22, 2009 7:33 pm

I've used the original NW World Clubs version (prev 2 months, lower $) before for international travel, and it worked WONDERS!

Try traveling internationally w/ spouse and mother-in-law, with long layovers.
This pass lets you bring in 2 guests, so one stop pays for itself. It was also a nice intro to please the M-I-L.

If you upgrade, your international upgraded ticket may bring more, but not from this DL/NW/(CO for a while) lounge pass itself.
The best perk was then a trip back via LGW on CO, where CO had just moved to the North Terminal. With an upgraded ticket by miles (more smiles from M-I-L), we were allowed not only in the Crown Room, but also the Emirates lounge, which is incredible: showers, full meal foods, almost a hotel.
--------
My question: If I buy it at 11:50pm Central time, will it count the day of purchase and effectively lose one day, or is it tied to "Zulu" time or Eastern time (or for NW, central time)?

jamiel Apr 23, 2009 7:18 am

Unless there's been a change, it used to be good at affiliated clubs (not just NW/DL/CO).

Cloudship Apr 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Skyclub - from a 30 day membership

I have a 30 day membership to the Crown Room. Sky club, wherever.

I thought that if I purchased a full year membership I would get that amount towards the membership. I got an email the other day telling em that $50 would be applied. Do I only get the $50 or the full $90? If it is just the $50 I may be better off with just a couple of 30 day memberships instead.

AndyTLe Apr 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Cloudship (Post 11655611)

I thought that if I purchased a full year membership I would get that amount towards the membership. I got an email the other day telling em that $50 would be applied. Do I only get the $50 or the full $90? If it is just the $50 I may be better off with just a couple of 30 day memberships instead.

That's what I thought too, but I don't see it any where on DL.com. If you use the discount code, you'll save some some more.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...tion-code.html

Cloudship May 2, 2009 8:33 am

Originally Posted by AndyTLe (Post 11655679)
That's what I thought too, but I don't see it any where on DL.com. If you use the discount code, you'll save some some more.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...tion-code.html

alas, no. Tried three different clubs, too. Tod that they were uncombinable, and one club told me it would only be $50 off, not the full $90.

so, no yearly club for me!

jmacman May 4, 2009 5:30 am

It is possible. I purchased a 30-day Temporary Membership at the end of February at Centerpoint in Atlanta and specifically remember being told that I had 30 days PAST the date of expiration in which to apply my $90 toward the purchase of a One Year Membership. I was a Base Member at the time but knew I'd hit Silver sometime in early April...so, armed with what the Lounge Staffer in ATL had told me, I planned to hold off buying a Full Year until I attained Silver and could save $50 off the price that a Base Member would pay (plus my $90 from the 30-day).

Fast forward to early April (I was Silver by this point). Had a SLC-LAX-SLC trip and before my outbound to LA, I went into the SLC SkyClub to buy a One Year membership, thinking I'd be able to apply my 30-day and get $90 off. Wrong. I was told that I had to buy it within the 30-day period and couldn't apply anything now--I was too late. So I got on the plane, flew to LAX and tried the same thing at the LAX club. Again, same response, no dice. As soon as I got to my hotel, I did some digging and found and printed off the following:

http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/...empmember.html

Scrolling down to point 12, the T+C's state that, "The cost of a 30-Day membership may be credited within 30 days of expiration toward the cost of an annual or three year membership."

Upon return to SLC and seeing what I had printed off, the SkyClub rep was happy to give me a $90 credit (however, when I asked if I could use the 20 percent off April promo, I was told I could only use one discount at a time).

I hope this helps. Good luck!

edscholl May 4, 2009 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Cloudship (Post 11655611)

I received the same email w/ the $50 offer; i just went to the CRC (LAX I believe) with my temp card, about a week after the 30 day expired, and they credited $90 with no problems (which was nice since I paid $65 w/ the $25 off promo for a 30 day). :cool:

FrequentPlaneTraveler May 11, 2009 3:33 pm

Sky Club 30 Day Pass

Hello all. I need some assistance. Is there anyway to buy as a gift one of the 30 day Sky Club passes? My parents are traveling on DL/NW for a number of flights within the next month and I'd like to get them that pass as a small gift. I tried online but am afraid to do it there since it requires me to be logged in and a pass under my name wouldn't help. I called over the phone and got an agent who said there was no way to do it by phone. Can I maybe buy one in their name at a Sky Club? Also, can both of them get in on one pass? Thanks!!

AndyTLe May 11, 2009 3:41 pm

If you know your parent's SM number and PIN, it looks like you can do it online using your billing information. That seems to be your best bet unless you stop into a SC and check with the agents.

One 30-day pass will provid access for the "member" and two guests.

FrequentPlaneTraveler May 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe (Post 11731787)
If you know your parent's SM number and PIN, it looks like you can do it online using your billing information. That seems to be your best bet unless you stop into a SC and check with the agents.

One 30-day pass will provid access for the "member" and two guests.

Thanks. I have their worldperks numbers but not their skymiles numbers. I'll have to see if I can get them and try that.

obscure2k May 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Sky Club 30 Day Pass.
Really worked for me this month. Used it 4 times on r/t Lax/Fll, used it NW/KL lounge, Lax/Ams/, Ams/ Mem/Mem/Lax.^. Still have until May 23.
Turned out to be a very good deal.

mlsrar Jun 19, 2009 6:50 pm

30-Day Membership

If a membership was purchased, and the 30 days had lapsed. Does the membership credit purchased still apply towards a 1 or 3 year membership purchase?

This was purchased in March, and am planning on a 3 year purchase in July.