Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: DL Silver, Marriott Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Can SC's really print out "temporary cards" that appear of more permanent quality than home-print cards? In a similar situation as the OP and wondering when I do my annual renewal at LAX if the SC folks can do this.
I did the 30-day pass last month and asked for a temporary card at the SC in MSP because I thought I would need it for AMS. The temporary card was not printed, it was a blank membership card (shiny cardstock, like a business card) she pulled out of the drawer and wrote all of my info on by hand. I thought the printout looked nicer than the handwritten version.

I never did make it to the lounge in AMS, so no idea if it would have passed muster.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Bought my dad a 30 day pass last year at a SC, they gave me a neat little card if I remember correctly. He was able to access the lounges at CDG and FCO with that, but I believe in Europe it helps A LOT to have an actual card (and not just a printout)
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by SighMN
Isn't there a Skyclub in Seattle? Maybe if you want to get the card, maybe see if you can get at SEA before Sunday? Maybe you could go to the ticketing area in Delta and tell them of your predicament, they may be able to get you a temporary card so your 90 dollars aren't wasted. I don't have information on your scenario specifically but lounge dragons are called dragons for a reason. They will find any reason not to allow you enter. Its what they get paid for, and out of anyone they probably have the least flexibility when it comes to bending the rules. There is nothing worse than begging to get into a lounge when there are other people behind listening.
The OP could get the card at the Seattle SkyClub the day of departure. All the terminals at SEA are connected within the secure area of the airport. The SC is in Terminal S. Most, but not all, DL flights use that terminal; I would guess that AF uses it also. But even if AF leaves from a different terminal it would not take long to go to the SC, buy the pass, and get to the AF departure gate.

Edit to add: Just realized that the OP started this thread several weeks ago, so the above info is after the fact. Oh well.....
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: DL PM, FB PM, Gamer/Trickster.
Wouldn't it be nice if DL just tied 30 days of access to your SM number? Then you could just give them you card/number/id/whatever, and have access. They have almost everything else about their SM pax on file, why not SK access?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: DL Silver, Marriott Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by flargley
Wouldn't it be nice if DL just tied 30 days of access to your SM number? Then you could just give them you card/number/id/whatever, and have access. They have almost everything else about their SM pax on file, why not SK access?
They do, though...the attendant at MSP told me just to use my BPs for access from then on.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:55 am
Suspended

SkyTeam Lounges

Originally Posted by lebowski76
So here's my situation. I'm in Seattle and flying to Paris on Sunday. I have 2 other international flights over the following weeks and wanted to take advantage of the $90 lounge pass.

I read that partner airlines will not take "print at home" 30 day passes for access, however I will not run into an actual Delta Sky club location till my last flight.

Anyone deal with this before? Are partner lounges accepting the temporary print cards? I don't want to waste $90 and not be able to use it (I'd be better off with a day pass otherwise). I know Delta says "no" but I'm wondering if that's true.

"30-Day members will not receive permanent membership cards. Temporary membership cards can be obtained in-Club and printed if purchased online. The temporary membership card printout will not grant access to partner lounges, only to Delta Sky Club locations. Partner lounges require actual temporary membership cards, which may be obtained from any Delta Sky Club location."
A SkyClub membership of anykind will not get you into a SkyTeam lounge. They are not SkyClubs. You will need to be a DL GM, PM, or DM if you are flying Y. There is a SkyClub at SEA.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
A SkyClub membership of anykind will not get you into a SkyTeam lounge. They are not SkyClubs. You will need to be a DL GM, PM, or DM if you are flying Y. There is a SkyClub at SEA.
Regular or 30-day SkyClub membership does get you into many, although not all, partner lounges. You can see the lists here:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

The one-day passes do not get you into any partner lounges.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold

Huh??
Old Dec 3, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I consider the 30 day pass to access the KLM lounge @ AMS and have a few questions:
1: Am I allowed to take guests with me? If so how much?
2: As I'm based in NL, I'll never be able to get a SC card from a DL SC in the US so will the print out be sufficient? Any experiences?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by mbarreto
Huh??
Skyclub membership grants access to skyclubs, partner clubs like AS Boardrooms, select AF/KLM lounges, etc. where Delta has specifically negeotiated access.

It does not grant access to the majority of skyteam partner lounges. For many of these, the only way to access is to be a premium passenger.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
To see what lounges you can use with various instruments, you must check the SC locations using the drop down menu on delta.dumb. Certain overseas lounges, IIRC including some at CDG and AMS are included, as well as NRT which is considered a genuine SC.

Note also that GM PM and DM access requires an international itinerary, which IIRC does not include the Carribean. Of course international business class passengers receive lounge invitations where available.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mattsteg
Skyclub membership grants access to skyclubs, partner clubs like AS Boardrooms, select AF/KLM lounges, etc. where Delta has specifically negeotiated access.

It does not grant access to the majority of skyteam partner lounges. For many of these, the only way to access is to be a premium passenger.
While in principle, I agree with your post. I must ask, have you tried? I have used my SC member card in lounges around the world that have been and have not been listed on DL's website as available to members and had them recognize the DL name, SC brand, etc. and grant me access. Furthermore, I have, at times, used status to get into lounges in places where the DL website doesn't show lounge access at all. Sometimes this has been simply the "I think I'm supposed to have access to this lounge" which heard by the right attendant will result in empathy followed by "come on in." Note: this doesn't always work, I'd say success is about 50%. DL does not have many products that are recognized throughout the world but sometimes that can be used for good rather than evil!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 4:55 am

Question Print-out membership at LHR T4 SkyTeam Lounge?

Hello FlyerTalk... lurked for a while now but first post today!

I've been considering getting the Delta 30-day membership as my wife-to-be and I are flying LHR-ATL-BZE with Delta for our honeymoon in April to Belize. Being able to use the Heathrow SkyTeam lounge on the way out, and one of the Sky Clubs at ATL on our return leg, would make the trip that bit nicer!

However, while I don't anticipate any problems in ATL, I can't get straight information from ANYONE about access to the SkyTeam lounge at LHR! Delta's website list of lounges would suggest the 30-day pass does grant access to the SkyTeam lounge, but that contradicts what I was told by Delta's UK customer services when I rang them.

I'm also concerned that not having an actual membership card - as I won't be able to collect one until we get to ATL - might cause problems at Heathrow - of course, I'll just have my membership information printed out. In this day and age with electronic boarding passes and so on it seems pretty prehistoric to require a physical card just for lounge access - will this really cause an issue?!

So what I'd really like to know is whether anyone's been able to use the SkyTeam lounge at LHR with a 30-day SkyClub membership, and if so did you need your actual temporary membership card, or was a print out OK?

Very very grateful for any help anyone can provide... As you can imagine don't really want to start our first trip as a married couple being refused access to the SkyTeam lounge!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by JimMillen
Hello FlyerTalk... lurked for a while now but first post today!

I've been considering getting the Delta 30-day membership as my wife-to-be and I are flying LHR-ATL-BZE with Delta for our honeymoon in April to Belize. Being able to use the Heathrow SkyTeam lounge on the way out, and one of the Sky Clubs at ATL on our return leg, would make the trip that bit nicer!

However, while I don't anticipate any problems in ATL, I can't get straight information from ANYONE about access to the SkyTeam lounge at LHR! Delta's website list of lounges would suggest the 30-day pass does grant access to the SkyTeam lounge, but that contradicts what I was told by Delta's UK customer services when I rang them.

I'm also concerned that not having an actual membership card - as I won't be able to collect one until we get to ATL - might cause problems at Heathrow - of course, I'll just have my membership information printed out. In this day and age with electronic boarding passes and so on it seems pretty prehistoric to require a physical card just for lounge access - will this really cause an issue?!

So what I'd really like to know is whether anyone's been able to use the SkyTeam lounge at LHR with a 30-day SkyClub membership, and if so did you need your actual temporary membership card, or was a print out OK?

Very very grateful for any help anyone can provide... As you can imagine don't really want to start our first trip as a married couple being refused access to the SkyTeam lounge!
Bump.... Anybody?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:32 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Get 20 Percent Off a 30-Day Delta Sky Club Membership

Because greater than 300,000 online fans have “liked” Delta’s page on facebook, an exclusive facebook coupon offering fans a 20 percent discount on a 30-day Delta Sky Club membership is being offered through April 30, 2012 to recognize this accomplishment.

You can apply the cost of the 30-day Sky Club membership to an annual or three-year membership if you make the purchase within 60 days of the expiration of your 30-day membership.

To take advantage of this discounted offer, make sure to enter promo code FB30D when making the purchase online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.