Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Goes from Low to Med as PM

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Award Goes from Low to Med as PM

So I held off calling it DL.dumb as much as I can. This is it.

Searching domestic award for end of Jan MSP-JAC. Without logging in, I get some low award dates. Logging in as a PM on dl.dumb, award goes all to Med and High.

Thanks for valuing me as an elite DL, you are worthless.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:02 pm

Repeat after me:

"DELTA.COM is BROKEN"

But feel free to change BROKEN to another word that better reflects how much you feel that Delta values your business!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:11 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
"At Delta, we know as a PM you have more miles than those with no status. As an enhancement to your account, we will charge you 50% more miles to claim your reward. We hope that you will fly enough to achieve Diamond status so that we can charge you 100% more miles than those of lower status in the coming year."

Thank you for your continued loyalty to DL.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Skymiles are the 3rd largest inflation crisis of the past hundred years.

Second is Zimbabwe in late 2008/early 2009 where inflation hit 516 quintillion per cent (prices doubling every 1.3 days)

First is Hungary in 1946 where prices doubled every 15.6 hours.

C'mon, Delta, you're closing in on the leaders. You can do it! I know you can!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Burj
Repeat after me:

"DELTA.COM is BROKEN"

But feel free to change BROKEN to another word that better reflects how much you feel that Delta values your business!
Once upon a time, in a far, far away place, I too believed this was merely because delta.com was simply delta.dumb. I grew up and realized it was more than just delta.com pretending to be delta.dumb.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Once upon a time, in a far, far away place, I too believed this was merely because delta.com was simply delta.dumb. I grew up and realized it was more than just delta.com pretending to be delta.dumb.
naaah, its delta.brilliant. Fleecing hundreds daily by pretending there is no other option but to give in to HIGH and MEDIUM ... and coming soon DIAMOND HIGH
Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by gleff

Second is Zimbabwe in late 2008/early 2009 where inflation hit 516 quintillion per cent (prices doubling every 1.3 days)

Don't forget German hyperinflation in the 20's!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Really?! Ugh...been on the fence with CO offering full status match...but lately the fence has been leaning...
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:32 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Great insight... I'd love it if you wrote a blog entry on this and it got as much traction and attention as your post about BA moving to the same "printing miles" model. It's clear to me that the folks who earn miles flying (even in premium cabins) are chump change now next to the ones who are running hundreds of thousands of dollars through co-branded credit cards. This model works for a while, until you get lots of people actually trying to cash in. That's where we are now with DL.

Glad I ran my WP account mileage balance way down last year, but still frustrated I took the bait to get to the Diamond tier and frustrated every time I do earn some DL miles and try to spend them.

Originally Posted by gleff

Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by mnredfox
So I held off calling it DL.dumb as much as I can. This is it.
glad to see the affectionate nickname I coined a while back "sticking"
Old Nov 9, 2009, 2:15 am

I don't think it even has anything to do with status. I think the system looks at your balance to see what you can tolerate, and if you have enough miles for medium or high, that is what you are offered. However, if you don't have enough miles, they'll offer up low.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
glad to see the affectionate nickname I coined a while back "sticking"
When it begins to rival .bomb, it requires an appropriate appellation. And it's timely, considering that we had to retire JeffBob due to Bob's successful disassimilation.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 5:10 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Sad but I log in with 2 different browsers using one that I delete all cookies and saved pages and do not save passwords on exit. Then I compare flights. It is the only way to get a shot at DL getting the best deal.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 6:37 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
OP made the BIG mistake.

It has been discussed here, and proven by my limited review, if you see low take it. If you look again it will be gone.

Even a NW / DL agent told me once they look atr an award and go through the process of pricing it out, that it will disappear it not procured.

Please DL.dumb is not a bug it is by design.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I think the responses here represent the sad situation we are all in. Seriously, low avail disappearing over an ENTIRE month in 2 min? Please, that is definitely a bug.

And the fact we need tricks like different browsers, cookies, etc, that is more indication of how terrible dl.dumb is (itsaboutthejourney - brilliant name!)

Yes, DL is driving me more and more to CO the worse this gets...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.