Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 2010 DO Update

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Best of luck to atldlff on his new career- that's great news!

Mrs. Gargoyle and I definitely want to attend, if you'll have us.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Canarsie, thanks for the update. I also want to add my sincere best wishes to atldlff and his new career.

If you intended this as an interested list, let me add ADLFO +1.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat
Excellent Canarsie. And best of luck to atldlff! Well done!^
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Thanks for the update.... September or October will be great...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:31 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Cholula
Not sure how you'll decide who the 60 may be but please consider me plus one for the final list.
We discussed this today.

It will be on a “first-come, first-served” basis, so we will start with you.

It would be a pleasure to see you here in Atlanta, Cholula.

I have started the list of those who are interested here. To be added to this list, please indicate that you are indeed definitely interested.

Thank you.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:34 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by Canarsie
We discussed this today.

I have started the list of those who are interested here. To be added to this list, please indicate that you are indeed definitely interested.

Thank you.
Indeed definitely interested here with a poss +1 (he will post here when he knows more)
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by atldlff
Canarsie recently created a video slide show here from the June 2009 event, for those who would like to view it, as well as pictures from the Delta Employee Thank You Luncheon here .
If you do decide to view the slide show, crank up the volume and see if you do not recognize the accompanying music...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Please add me to the list of those interested in attending.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by KarlJ
Excellent Canarsie. And best of luck to atldlff! Well done!^
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Thanks for the update.... September or October will be great...
For clarification purposes, should I officially add both of you to the list?

I cannot believe how fast it is filling up!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL KM
Consider me a for sure + 1

Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:14 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
In discussions with Delta Air Lines earlier this afternoon, this event will take place sometime in September or October, primarily because the weather will not be as hot as it will be in the summer. This is especially critical in such venues as the Delta Heritage Museum and the outdoor areas of the Technical Operations Center where there is no air conditioning. We also understand that autumn is logistically better for Delta Air Lines to accommodate the group of FlyerTalk members expected to attend. Additionally, it gives more time for properly planning this event, as well as a chance for Delta Air Lines executives to attend this event, meet Delta forum FlyerTalk members and answer questions in person, as they did last year.

One of the more difficult parts of planning the event this year is that at least three of our contacts at Delta Air Lines instrumental in the success of the event last year are either no longer employed by Delta Air Lines or are in different positions within the company. We have no choice but to start all over again in establishing contacts again in those areas.

Furthermore, due to expenses that have never been reimbursed because of such issues as unexpected cancellations and attendees not paying the full amount due, a non-refundable payment will be imposed upon confirmation when payment options are announced. We did not want to implement this policy, but we do not really have a choice and hope that those who attend will understand.

Also, this year we may need more participation from the volunteers, especially from those who volunteered at the last event. One reason is because atldlff starts a new career on Monday and, as you may well know, was critically instrumental with the resounding success of the event last year. While he will not have nearly the amount of time to devote to planning this event, please join me in wishing atldlff all the success in the world on his new career — and yes, it will include plenty of travel!

I am also proud to announce and confirm that SkyMilesInsider will actively participate in the planning of this event. Although he did not attend the event last year, I believe that SkyMilesInsider will be key to the success of the event this year — and yes, he intends to attend the event this year as well.

Approximately 60 FlyerTalk members attended the event last year. Larger groups cannot be accommodated well in such areas as the Operations Control Center and the Technical Operations Center, and the group was still small enough to keep the event rather intimate. We do not want to change this dynamic, as we believe this contributed to the success of the event. Therefore, we are considering keeping the number of participants at approximately 60 or so.

atldlff and SkyMilesInsider can add anything I might have missed, but I believe I have updated on the latest developments pertaining to this event.

When more updates come in and the planning progresses, I intend to keep you informed.

Thank you all for your patience.
Tanti Auguri atldlff!

Mrs. Italy wants Oct as she retires on 1 Oct Not sure what I can do from GNV, however, my services are still available (one would think that after 21 years in the US Army I would have learned not to volunteer ) and if needed I will make trips to ATL.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Great news...consider me in! Can't wait to head back down to Atlanta for the DO!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:25 pm

Furthermore, due to expenses that have never been reimbursed because of such issues as unexpected cancellations and attendees not paying the full amount due, a non-refundable payment will be imposed upon confirmation when payment options are announced. We did not want to implement this policy, but we do not really have a choice and hope that those who attend will understand.
Just to further clarify, many portions of this event are indeed free of charge. The most notable exception is the Road Warrior Training. However, we did incur expenses last year, including printing and supplies, and those charges do need to be covered. If T-shirts are provided again this year by flyzabit, she needs to be re-imbursed as well. However, split amongst 60 people, the charge should be nominal at best.

If we can line up sponsors again like we did last year — and I cannot see a reason why this is not possible — dinner each night, as well as drinks, will be free of charge as well.

Prime, the restaurant we used last year, already knows that we are going to use their establishment again this year. I am hoping that this indeed does work out, pending upon finding a sponsor.
Originally Posted by Italy98
Tanti Auguri atldlff!

Mrs. Italy wants Oct as she retires on 1 Oct Not sure what I can do from GNV, however, my services are still available (one would think that after 21 years in the US Army I would have learned not to volunteer ) and if needed I will make trips to ATL.
Thank you for offering, Italy98!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL, AA
... this event will take place sometime in September or October...

Also, this year we may need more participation from the volunteers, especially from those who volunteered at the last event...
Great timing. Put me on the interested & interested in volunteering lists!

And best wishes atldlff on your new career!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, UA-PE, AA
We discussed this today.

Thank you.
I am interested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.