FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta 2010 DO Update (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1015073-delta-2010-do-update.html)

Canarsie Feb 8, 2010 7:13 pm

This is a note just to let everyone know that we are currently in communications with Delta Air Lines regarding this event, and there are still some “missing pieces” that we are attempting to put together, as we have some potentially great things planned but have not solidified as of yet.

We have not forgotten about this event by any means...

US1@ORF Feb 8, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks for the update

Originally Posted by Canarsie (Post 13352753)
This is a note just to let everyone know that we are currently in communications with Delta Air Lines regarding this event, and there are still some “missing pieces” that we are attempting to put together, as we have some potentially great things planned but have not solidified as of yet.

I'm local in ATL so if there is anything I could do to help that requires being near Hartsfield please let me know. Send me a PM to contact me.

localady Feb 9, 2010 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie (Post 13352753)

Have you set up definite dates yet? We definitely want to attend and plan on getting reservations once we know when it is...

Thanks
Loca

Dovster Feb 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Let me know early enough so I can get a decent price on the air fare and I may well show up for this.

I had been thinking of visiting Prague in May and might look for a TLV-PRG-ATL routing.

BF263533 Feb 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster (Post 13451979)
Let me know early enough so I can get a decent price on the air fare and I may well show up for this.

I had been thinking of visiting Prague in May and might look for a TLV-PRG-ATL routing.

OK Dove, when I ran into you at the Atlanta airport on your way home from the South Florida DO, you said you would not be able to make South Florida in 2010, and now your going to the BIG Atlanta thing. We in South Florida feel insulted. Are we peons? JUST KIDDING. Hope you can make it to Atlanta, and would look forward to seeing you if I can make it.

Dovster Feb 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by BF263533 (Post 13452053)
We in South Florida feel insulted. Are we peons?

Yes.

(Actually, I am boycotting South Florida. I figure that at age 64 I have reached the point in my life where I don't have to be in a place where everyone else refers to me as "that young punk kid.")

ND76 Feb 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Count Me in Too

I'd love to attend this event, as I have been a Delta fan for almost 30 years. My wife and I are proud charter members of the Diamond level.

Canarsie Feb 24, 2010 12:53 am

We are aiming for sometime in May, which is typically the time Delta Air Lines has its employee Block Party.

However, we still do not have confirmed dates at this time, but we will most likely aim for mid-May...

Italy98 Feb 24, 2010 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Italy98 (Post 12814121)
I will attend unless I am either six feet under or tethered to an IV but then I am not sure that would stop me. Mrs. Italy should be able to attend, just depends upon family matters at the farm.

Thank you atldlff and Canarsie :) ^

We still have plans on attending as long as the date doesn't fall on the weekend of a regional meeting, Mrs. Italy has to attend, that has not been finalized or the weekend I need to be in IND for the estate sale :confused:

Lane412000 Feb 24, 2010 9:52 am

Attend with a request

Hello...I would like to sign up for the DELTA 2010 DO. While I attend this function, I have one request. Do you think I could climb into a cargo compartment of a Delta airplane? Yeah...I know a weird request, but I have always wanted to see the inside of the cargo compartment and see whether those guys can stand in there or have to crawl around while loading/unloading luggage.

Easy Victor Feb 24, 2010 10:06 am

I don't want to speak for the guys planning this, but if it's anything like last year, you will be sticking your head in a lot more places than a cargo hold!

tkey75 Feb 24, 2010 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Lane412000 (Post 13454710)
Hello...I would like to sign up for the DELTA 2010 DO. While I attend this function, I have one request. Do you think I could climb into a cargo compartment of a Delta airplane? Yeah...I know a weird request, but I have always wanted to see the inside of the cargo compartment and see whether those guys can stand in there or have to crawl around while loading/unloading luggage.

Not that strange a request. A likely possibility, in fact.

When DL hosted us at CVG a few years back, we didn't even ask - they offered. Marched us onto the tarmac and let us have our way with the underside of a 737. Good times!

Crazyhotelguy Feb 24, 2010 10:22 am

Originally Posted by tkey75 (Post 13454890)
Not that strange a request. A likely possibility, in fact.

When DL hosted us at CVG a few years back, we didn't even ask - they offered. Marched us onto the tarmac and let us have our way with the underside of a 737. Good times!

Why does this just sound wrong???:cool::D:D

mersk862 Feb 24, 2010 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Easy Victor (Post 13454800)
I don't want to speak for the guys planning this, but if it's anything like last year, you will be sticking your head in a lot more places than a cargo hold!

Indeed...last year they let us into a 737-800 that was parked in the TOC, some members got pictures of themselves inside the engine of a 777, poke our heads into the wheel wells of planes - you get to see a lot of fun stuff, and then some!

And if Canarsie is saying that Delta is even more dedicated to making this event better this year...then watch out...

WBurcham Feb 24, 2010 10:34 am

You mean something like what a few of us got experience on this 777ER:

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs090...._7379966_n.jpg

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs090...._7482374_n.jpg