FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta 2010 DO Update (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1015073-delta-2010-do-update.html)

cliburn Mar 13, 2010 3:06 pm

If you still looking for volunteers, I pretty sure I can attend pending final date details.

ftv Mar 13, 2010 3:32 pm

[QUOTE=Canarsie;13474507]Yes.Thank you for offering.

Due to the potential scope of this event, we may need more volunteers.We wish we did as well!I look forward to seeing you there!Actually, we offer something even better...

I can probably volunteer, ut I don't know when the DO is. What are the dates? I live in Los Angeles and need to make travel and schedule arrangements.

Thanks.

iTanNicNic Mar 14, 2010 12:45 am

Would it be possible to at least get a vague hint (like a range or a list) or possible dates that we'd be looking at?

Italy98 Mar 14, 2010 5:57 am

Originally Posted by skoker (Post 13572265)
Would it be possible to at least get a vague hint (like a range or a list) or possible dates that we'd be looking at?

+1 Mrs. Italy's availability based on her work calendar is questionable and I have already scheduled some necessary trips. :( :confused:

Canarsie Mar 14, 2010 9:32 am

There is no vague hint that we can offer.

We have been in current active ongoing discussions with Delta Air Lines personnel about the benefits versus disadvantages of timing this event and coordinating it with the Delta Air Lines Employee Block Party. If it is indeed to take place at the time of the Block Party, then the event will be sometime in mid-to-late May. If not, we can push the event date further into the future.

We are also attempting to secure availabilty for key Delta Air Lines personnel to attend this event. Also, other logisitical issues have not been resolved yet, such as security clearance for all to be on the tarmac similar to last year.

We understand that timing is crucial and that FlyerTalk members need to block their schedules well in advance, but we do ask that you please be patient.

Thank you.

ifette Mar 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Thx for the update Canarsie.

Dovster Mar 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie (Post 13573361)

We understand that timing is crucial and that FlyerTalk members need to block their schedules well in advance, but we do ask that you please be patient.

I think you might be trying a "Mission Impossible".

It is now mid-March, meaning that mid-May is only two months away -- so it already too late for people to block schedules "way in advance".

I really would have liked to attend this Do, but to do so I would have had to attach it to a trip which would involve stops in at least two of the following three countries: the Czech Republic, Germany, and Italy.

It would also mean coordinating it with people in Germany and Italy, so their schedules also play a big role in it. That means that a last minute arrangement is out of the question for me.

I realize that flying from Israel, especially with stops in both directions, is more involved than what most other FTers have to face but I suspect that quite a few of them will also find it impossible to make last minute arrangements.

iTanNicNic Mar 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by ifette (Post 13574050)
Thx for the update Canarsie.

+1 ^

While it'd be great to know so that proper plans can be made, I think that I speak for the rest of the FT SkyMiles community when I say that we all acknowledge a DO is a privilege, not a right, and that we really really really appreciate everything that Canarsie and the other planners are doing.

Last DO was more than awesome and I think that we're all just anxious to see what this year's DO has in store =)

HRS Mar 15, 2010 3:00 pm

1. If you need help, let me know. Retired and can be there for advance stuff.
2. I vote for building slowly over years - a sustainable event - Max value for DL & PAX.
3. Better to have simpler event and get date fixed as soon as you all can.

MemphisQueen Mar 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Ditto - last year was ace, and I'll do my best to finagle my schedule even if a date is last minute! I can volunteer as well as I'm a local and can probably help out pre / post event for set up or break down, as needed.

BEND OVER. STAY DOWN. BEND OVER. STAY DOWN. BAD EXIT! BAD EXIT!

iTanNicNic Mar 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by memphisqueen (Post 13581710)
bend over. Stay down. Bend over. Stay down. Bad exit! Bad exit!

Easy Victor! Smoking is not allowed!

Cellisttoo Mar 19, 2010 9:00 am

Sign us up- Cellisttoo and Mr. Cellisttoo. We will make it work. This year we WILL find a baby sitter for the toddler (though she would be really bummed if she knew what we were going to be doing, anything that involves airplanes is her favorite... wonder where she gets that from??)

DLroads Mar 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Will be there, can volunteer as well

Hello,

I think I registreted on this thread before, but just in case-

I am planning to attend. Arriving from New York. If you need any support (long distance or on-site) just send me a PM. I am going back and forth on LGA-ATL as well pretty often, so there is no problem catching me...

zsmith2 Mar 20, 2010 1:38 pm

If interested in our mini-do let me know! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...a-mini-do.html

flyzabit Mar 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Still offering to help again.

PBA that I'll be unable most of 8-20 June.
You may lose DL folks if after Mem Day / school vacations start.