FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta 2010 DO Update (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1015073-delta-2010-do-update.html)

mersk862 Nov 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by flyzabit (Post 12844867)
5. Skymiles and WP Trivia / NW Trivia / DL Trivia for $200, Alex. Pick Mersk862 as moderator since he (with others) can tell you the answers before the questions are finished...and thus put together the best questions.

Is this an attempt to have me avoid the competition (and another potential quarter million frequent flyer miles)? :D

xanthuos Nov 19, 2009 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 12848997)
Is this an attempt to have me avoid the competition (and another potential quarter million frequent flyer miles)? :D

Yes.

I sure hope so. :D Perhaps as moderator, you will be given a token of appreciation of 25,000 miles.

EasternTraveler Jan 17, 2010 6:30 pm

update?

Canarsie Jan 17, 2010 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler (Post 13200502)
update?

Not at this time.

Pharaoh Jan 17, 2010 7:03 pm

how 'bout now?

tonypct Jan 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie (Post 13200505)
Not at this time.

Originally Posted by Pharaoh (Post 13200644)
how 'bout now?

:D :D :D

WesNSpace Feb 7, 2010 10:43 pm

Greetings all. I have a mini update for a tiny part of the DO for you. At the next event we will be having a fundraiser of sorts for The Delta Heritage Museum. While the details are still being hammered out I can say that you will get something really cool for making a donation to the museum. Now how many of you are sitting there pondering the notion that you didn't even know Delta had a museum? If you have ever flown in to ATL you have been just an olympic stone's throw away from the museum including their great gift shop.

So if you haven't already be sure to check out their website at http://deltamuseum.org/ and all their great information about what they are up to. Also, become a fan of the FaceBook page and you can get updates on their hanger sales and special events.

Finally, when the time comes to register and attend the ATL DO be sure to consider giving to this great ever growing museum and keep their wonderful preservation efforts alive.

Wes

Burj Feb 8, 2010 1:46 am

Originally Posted by WesNSpace (Post 13346771)
Now how many of you are sitting there pondering the notion that you didn't even know Delta had a museum?

I've been there twice and it is really great! However I've never been able to go when "The Spirit of Delta" is open! Maybe something can be arranged for the DO so people attending the DO can go inside? That would be so cool!

(As a side PSA...the NWA Heritage Museum near MSP is also very cool and worth a visit!)

DiverDave Feb 8, 2010 6:40 am

Greetings all. I have a mini update for a tiny part of the DO for you. At the next event we will be having a fundraiser of sorts for The Delta Heritage Museum.s

Were you at the 2009 DO? We had a great fundraiser. The attendees spent a TON of money buying stuff. Seriously, I spent well over $100.

Somebody should find out how much they grossed that day. ^

David

WBurcham Feb 8, 2010 8:01 am

Wirelessly posted (ATT Tilt: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

Originally Posted by DiverDave

Greetings all. I have a mini update for a tiny part of the DO for you. At the next event we will be having a fundraiser of sorts for The Delta Heritage Museum.s

Were you at the 2009 DO? We had a great fundraiser. The attendees spent a TON of money buying stuff. Seriously, I spent well over $100.

David

I think Skyteam777 was the winner in the spending department.... I love to shop but swear that I haven't seen many people walking around with armfuls of stuff like that very often.

KLC Feb 8, 2010 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Burj (Post 13347202)
...I've never been able to go when "The Spirit of Delta" is open! Maybe something can be arranged for the DO so people attending the DO can go inside? That would be so cool!...

Last year's Do attendees were able to board both the "Spirit of Delta" and the DC-3!

WesNSpace Feb 8, 2010 9:08 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave (Post 13347935)

David

It was referred to as "one of the best days ever" and "when are you coming back" :-)

DiverDave Feb 8, 2010 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by WesNSpace (Post 13348762)
"when are you coming back" :-)

Well, that's what we all want to know....! :D

David

SkyTeam777 Feb 8, 2010 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13348272)
Wirelessly posted (ATT Tilt: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

I think Skyteam777 was the winner in the spending department.... I love to shop but swear that I haven't seen many people walking around with armfuls of stuff like that very often.

And I enjoyed every minute of it:D

US1@ORF Feb 8, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm local (ATL) and very interested in attending

I missed last year's event due to work but am hoping the dates for this year work out in my favor. I really want to attend. A pilot friend took me on a personal tour of the Sims at ATL WHQ and while we did not get to take one for a spin I did get to walk inside/sit in all of them and it was quite amazing to say the least. Would love to participate in RWT.

Looking forward to the details when they are available.

James
aka US1@ORF (which is now old because I no longer live in ORF but reside in ATL area but I'm not changing my FT handle)