Major Changes to NCL Beverage Policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major Changes to NCL Beverage Policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: AA EXP.
ok. you changed my life. thanks for the post. seriously man dont let me bring out that meme about arguing on the internet. I am sure you wouldn't mind sleeping at motel 6 bed instead of a nicer spg heavenly bed but to each is its own.

NCL is obviously taking advantage of us and its sucks that my cruise is coming up in a week and they didn't even give me enough notice to cancel and rebook with another cruise line. lesson learned.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Curious on drink prices in general on NCL. We're booked on Norwegian Star in August out of Venice. 16 and 10 year old. I can buy the Soda Package for each one ($61.95 for teen, $45.43 for younger). So the question is, how much IS a softdrink on board? I'm going to fathom a guess and say it's outrageous (based on the price of bottled water I see on their website), but HOW outrageous? Assuming it's considerable savings to just buy the "Soda Package" rather than buying them a drink at a time?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:41 pm

I took a NCL cruise this last June. I did not book the beverage plan as I'm fine with tap water and iced tea. That being said, I am a Diet Coke addict and I think Diet Pepsi tastes like flat Diet Coke. I bought 2 cases of those miniature soda cans and scattered them throughout my duffel. All made it across. I was willing to be out a few $ if they were confiscated. I kept the cans in the minibar and no one ever removed them.

NCL in IMO is crap and a step above Carnival but they have really good deals last minute for solo cruisers (which I am). NCL just for me has been the best for the $ and for meeting people around my age (singles 20s-40s). That said the service sucked royally on the last cruise that I went on, the food overall was just edible, and the entertainment was so so. I mainly cruise when I find a good deal where I'm into the ports.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by ajcopley
Curious on drink prices in general on NCL. We're booked on Norwegian Star in August out of Venice. 16 and 10 year old. I can buy the Soda Package for each one ($61.95 for teen, $45.43 for younger). So the question is, how much IS a softdrink on board? I'm going to fathom a guess and say it's outrageous (based on the price of bottled water I see on their website), but HOW outrageous? Assuming it's considerable savings to just buy the "Soda Package" rather than buying them a drink at a time?
I just returned from a cruise on Norwegian Star. A can of Pepsi costs $2.50. If you buy a soda package, you do not get cans - they must serve you from the fountain dispenser or open the can and pour it for you. Do not make the mistake of asking for unopened cans, as you will be charged for them even with a beverage package. Bring along a refillable sports cup or whatever and they will fill that for you; you do not have to settle for the flimsy plastic NCL cups.

And by the way, if you buy an adult beverage package for yourself you can get sodas too. That opens up some possibilities if you get my drift. Once the bartender recognizes you have the Ultimate Drink Package they won't check your card every time...just keep filling those sport cups.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
The Beverage Packages are included with many booking classes. Varies by length and cost of cruise. ^
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Calliopeflyer
Ummmm.......has anyone considered drinking plain old tap water?
QM2 uses treated sea water for potable water, which I'd heard has higher salt content than tap water on land. At the time, I had hypertension and was prone to feet/ankle swelling when I'd consumed a lot of sodium, plus I went to the fitness center every other day and there was really no way to fill a water bottle other than to hold it under the tap in the bathroom. So I brought nine liters of bottled water on board with me for a 7-night crossing.

Not sure if that would have qualified as "medically necessary" in the eyes of NCL, but I'll just avoid the issue altogether by not sailing with them.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Calliopeflyer
Ummmm.......has anyone considered drinking plain old tap water? Bottled water is more expensive, more wasteful, and 98% of the time, no more healthful. Why waste money and create more trash with bottle water?
There are plenty of different types of reusable water bottles these days with filtration systems too. If you venture over to the back country camping section of your favorite sporting good store or web site, you can even find the ones designed to remove all impurities and germs of every type for those times when the water source is downstream from where the bears do their business in the woods.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.