US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:26 pm
Original Member

I just made a dummy booking on the new FP (1.5 cents/point) site. It appears that, if you don't have enough points to cover the full fare cost, you are SOL. (Putting it another way, FP does not allow you to combine cash and points when purchasing a ticket. This is a competitive disadvantage, since the Citi TYP redemption site does allow you to combine case and points to pay for a ticket.)
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
What is the "Boston Limosine" service that is offered on FlexPerks Gold American Express and FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature cards?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:10 am

No fee USBank Flexperks alternative?

I was able to use up all of my FlexPerks prior to the devaluation. As I no longer really want to use this card, I’d like to change it to a non-fee card to keep credit history open (this card started as a NWA card years ago). Are there any other USBank cards they can switch it to without fees that will keep the card alive for credit reporting reasons?

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17
I was able to use up all of my FlexPerks prior to the devaluation. As I no longer really want to use this card, I’d like to change it to a non-fee card to keep credit history open (this card started as a NWA card years ago). Are there any other USBank cards they can switch it to without fees that will keep the card alive for credit reporting reasons?

Thanks!
Why don't you call them up and ask?

US Bank keeps reconfiguring their credit card lineup, so an answer based on what someone could or couldn't do a year ago might be not be valid anymore anyway. And if there are multiple options, only you can decide which one works best for you.

They have some no-fee "truer" cash-back cards, among other things, the last time I looked. They even have a no-fee FlexPerks Amex, but since it's an Amex, I don't think you can convert a non-Amex FlexPerks card to it.

Keep in mind that any card you convert to, you'll have to use occasionally, or else it'll be canceled anyway due to "inactivity". If you're absolutely never going to use any replacement card, you might was as well cancel instead of converting.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17

Thanks!
I have a no fee US Bank Cash+ card that I believe was the result of this exact scenario. I don't use it much so I can't comment on how good a card it is....
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:51 am

Great, that helps! I like knowing at least one anecdote in case they tell me it is not possible.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:58 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
I have a no fee US Bank Cash+ card that I believe was the result of this exact scenario. I don't use it much so I can't comment on how good a card it is....
My wife was allowed to convert to Cash+ but I was not - rep didn't know why but it was not available to me.

Cash+ allows you to pick two 5% categories per quarter from a list. Some of them are fairly unique compared to other cards' bonus categories but there is a ton of fine print: https://cashplus.usbank.com/categori...x?quarterId=45

It's been worth keeping around. Few hundred $ more rewards from the 5% than we would have had otherwise.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
My wife was allowed to convert to Cash+ but I was not - rep didn't know why but it was not available to me.

Cash+ allows you to pick two 5% categories per quarter from a list. Some of them are fairly unique compared to other cards' bonus categories but there is a ton of fine print: https://cashplus.usbank.com/categori...x?quarterId=45

It's been worth keeping around. Few hundred $ more rewards from the 5% than we would have had otherwise.
Thanks for the info- i literally never looked into it so now i might use it a bit more!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Instant CC number after approval?

What is the quickest time anyone has gotten their card # after approval?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by eethan
What is the quickest time anyone has gotten their card # after approval?
Does that even work? Every card I've gotten requires me to wait until I receive the physical card before I can activate and use it. Even if you had the card # online you'd need the expiration date and possibly the CVV to use it (and once again, likely to activate it).

You could potentially get them to expedite mailing it, although with US Bank's less than stellar CS, I wouldn't bet on it. Bank of America did it for me without charge but that was because I am a Platinum Honors customer (not sure of lower levels of Preferred Rewards would also have gotten it).

Last edited by MisterBill; Jan 15, 2018 at 12:59 pm
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:35 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MisterBill
Does that even work? Every card I've gotten requires me to wait until I receive the physical card before I can activate and use it. Even if you had the card # online you'd need the expiration date and possibly the CVV to use it (and once again, likely to activate it).
FWIW for one of my AMEXes as soon as I clicked submit and the application was processed, it was approved instantly and I was provided with a card number etc. that I could use right away (and did, to buy stuff on Amazon). It was only a temporary number until I received the actual card in the mail. I don't specifically remember it before or since, and would imagine it depends on a variety of criteria whether they offer it for any given card application.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
I used 120K FP points to book tickets on SriLankan for 4....but they dont charge luggage fees....Could I have used $100 to buy something on board duty free?
I didnt know so I didnt take a chance........BUT I have a Cathay flight in the morning back and departing from the same city as I did from my SriLankan flight......so If I buy something on board Cathay and call them....would I be able to get away with having them credit me $25 x 4?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 1:35 pm

Was wondering if anyone has flown on tickets booked under the new system and used their $25 travel allowance? I have several ~$150 roundtrip tickets I need to purchase and the tickets can also be booked as one way tickets (same price). Would US Bank allow a $25 travel credit for each one way ticket? The T&C's don't seem to require a roundtrip ticket in order to use the allowance? Thanks in advance for any thoughts/datapoints!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:37 am

Flex Perks One Way Credit?

Any DPs on getting the incidental credit in a one way award? I have two segments coming up one on AA the other DL. Are $25 GCs ok bought at airport or online day of?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by vacuvo
Any DPs on getting the incidental credit in a one way award? I have two segments coming up one on AA the other DL. Are $25 GCs ok bought at airport or online day of?
I did this back in June/July, see post 1759

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.