US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:54 am

Ticket-stock prefix

Are FlexPerks-issued tickets on ticket stock with the corresponding airline's prefix? Hoping to book a FlexPerks air ticket and use the +Qatar offer (this would be an all-QR ticket) but it requires a 157- ticket number, so I'm checking before I book the flights.

Thanks,
Seth
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:01 am

What is the best way to keep the Flexperks points if you want to avoid the annual fee charge on the via signature card? Is there a no-fee flexperks card you can downgrade to? I can't find any visa no-fee flexperks card, and I'm not sure you can product change from visa to the no-fee amex. Any data point?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:31 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by sethweinstein
Are FlexPerks-issued tickets on ticket stock with the corresponding airline's prefix? Hoping to book a FlexPerks air ticket and use the +Qatar offer (this would be an all-QR ticket) but it requires a 157- ticket number, so I'm checking before I book the flights.

Thanks,
Seth
With N of 1, my DL ticket booked through FlexPerks was plated on 006.

I think in general booking with credit card points is effectively the same as buying through any other OTA. So in addition to the ticket stock working the same way, I would expect that since the ticket is purchased through a US-facing system that the DOT cancellation terms apply, so if it turns out it's not issued on 157 you could cancel provided all relevant conditions are met.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by viag8
What is the best way to keep the Flexperks points if you want to avoid the annual fee charge on the via signature card? Is there a no-fee flexperks card you can downgrade to? I can't find any visa no-fee flexperks card, and I'm not sure you can product change from visa to the no-fee amex. Any data point?
There is no Visa no fee Flexperks card that you can apply for.

There is one that exists, because I have it. It's nice and crippled, earning only 1 point for every 2 dollars spent. It was product changed close to a decade ago from a no-fee Northwest WorldPerks card (which in turn had been a downgrade from the annual fee Northwest WorldPerks card).

But just because I have it and have had it for close to a decade, I have no idea whether it exists as a current product change option or not. You may have to call them and ask, if you'd be interested in that.

I kept the card because for years it was giving me 2000 bonus points per low-fee balance transfer. But after I paid off the last balance transfer, they have given me no more bonus points offers (even though they keep giving me new balance transfer offers), so the card just languishes, with just over 1000 points left on it.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
There is no Visa no fee Flexperks card that you can apply for.

There is one that exists, because I have it. It's nice and crippled, earning only 1 point for every 2 dollars spent. It was product changed close to a decade ago from a no-fee Northwest WorldPerks card (which in turn had been a downgrade from the annual fee Northwest WorldPerks card).

But just because I have it and have had it for close to a decade, I have no idea whether it exists as a current product change option or not. You may have to call them and ask, if you'd be interested in that.

I kept the card because for years it was giving me 2000 bonus points per low-fee balance transfer. But after I paid off the last balance transfer, they have given me no more bonus points offers (even though they keep giving me new balance transfer offers), so the card just languishes, with just over 1000 points left on it.
I just called US Bank to hear my options and they said the only no-fee Flexperks card I can downgrade to is the American Express Select +. I wonder if this would generate a new number and therefore reduce my AAoA, and also take me from 6/24 to 7/24 for Chase purposes. Any insights are appreciated.

By the way, the CSR made no retention offers such as courtesy points to redeem for annual fee or statement credits.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by bfwolf
Got it, thank you! Just transferred the points. Will wait a few days to make sure everything is processed on the back end and then cancel the business card.
How did that all work out for you?

Any retention offers? Did you cancel before the annual fee posted?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by viag8
I just called US Bank to hear my options and they said the only no-fee Flexperks card I can downgrade to is the American Express Select +. I wonder if this would generate a new number and therefore reduce my AAoA, and also take me from 6/24 to 7/24 for Chase purposes. Any insights are appreciated.

By the way, the CSR made no retention offers such as courtesy points to redeem for annual fee or statement credits.
For the purpose of AAoA cancelled cards are part of the calculation for at least 7 years after they are canceled.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by drminn
For the purpose of AAoA cancelled cards are part of the calculation for at least 7 years after they are canceled.
Yes, but any new accounts will reduce your AAoA, even if you take into account cancelled ones. So the question would be if product changing from Visa to Amex creates a new account on my credit report? The rep seemed clueless.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
I think in general booking with credit card points is effectively the same as buying through any other OTA. So in addition to the ticket stock working the same way...
Thanks for this. I went for it and it did indeed ticket on 157 stock. I did figure I could cancel if it went on the "wrong" stock, but I wasn't sure it would ticket within 24 hours (it ticketed almost immediately) and I didn't know if canceling a FlexPerks ticket would be more of a hassle than a ticket directly from the carrier.

This was my first FlexPerks redemption and I was very pleased with the ease of booking. It even showed me a few options at the same price that Matrix didn't have.

Selecting seats was a bit odd -- the FlexPerks site showed the whole left side of the planes blocked, and almost the whole right side open. So I chose seats on the right. Then when I went to "Manage booking" on the QR site I had totally different seats (and could select others from a more believable-looking jumble of available and unavailable seats).

Seth
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:12 am

$49 AF just posted for my AMEX version Flexperks Travel Rewards card. I have just a little over 8K points on my account. At this point I can only redeem the points for some AF waivers or cashback. I'm thinking about just getting the cashback and cancelling the card. Is there any reason to keep this card? I couldn't even make up for the AF by MS'ing Kiva because the AMEX doesn't code as charity correct?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
What's AAoA?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
What's AAoA?
Average Age of Accounts. A factor in credit scores and/or other credit evaluations.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by crapz1
$49 AF just posted for my AMEX version Flexperks Travel Rewards card. I have just a little over 8K points on my account. At this point I can only redeem the points for some AF waivers or cashback. I'm thinking about just getting the cashback and cancelling the card. Is there any reason to keep this card? I couldn't even make up for the AF by MS'ing Kiva because the AMEX doesn't code as charity correct?
There is probably not a great reason to keep the card, but I called about the annual fee on my card and they waived it just for asking.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:15 pm

I have several FlexPerks cards and all the points go to a single Flexperks account (a single account number). When I check my points history online though, the system knows which card the points came from.

Anybody know if I lose the points earned on a specific card if I decide to cancel it before the AF hits?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I just got an AF posted, and I'm planning to downgrade to Cash+. What's the bonus refund policy they have? I have around 2600 points there, which I will transfer to Altitude Reserve. The rest I cashed via Alaska trick. I'm still waiting for $10 credit from Android Pay promo, which should post in a month or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.