Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Schwab Invest Visa? 2% cash back on everything? [Discontinued card]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schwab Invest Visa? 2% cash back on everything? [Discontinued card]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I guess at this point the best option is to switch from my Capital One Venture to the no fee one. It's 1.25 % back on travel (assuming it works the way the Venture card works) and no for ex.

Chase now has no forex, but I really like cash back.

I use my Hilton Amex for gas, groceries, etc. the stuff that gets the extra kick so having an extra kick for "everyday" purchases doesn't help me. And of course the Hilton cards have forex.

Schwab was the best card ever. So sorry it's gone.

Got a first letter but not a second.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:42 pm

And those pieces of slime added the near criminal, obnoxeous, 3% foreign transaction fee negating any value for the card........can't wait to tell them where they can go with their contempt for teir customers.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamflyer
Got my second letter today . Seems I have been "upgraded" to BankAmerica Cash Rewards" Credit card....

1% on everyday purchases
2% groceries
3% gas.

Card will go into sock drawer.

Schwab Visa is dead - RIP 10/31/2011!
And cheated you $100 sign up bonus.

This card is heavily advertised on BofA website as well as at the branch, with $100 sign up bonus for X amount spend within Y months. Every time I go to BofA site, I see this card on the first page. Every time I logged out, it is AS card. (the 25K not the 40K available earlier).

If you dont have other cards that offer higher than 3% gasoline, you could the card just for the gasoline and make BofA pays out the highest reward. lol.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manneca
I guess at this point the best option is to switch from my Capital One Venture to the no fee one. It's 1.25 % back on travel (assuming it works the way the Venture card works) and no for ex.

I use my Hilton Amex for gas, groceries, etc. the stuff that gets the extra kick so having an extra kick for "everyday" purchases doesn't help me. And of course the Hilton cards have forex.

But the Venture card annual fee is not up yet - until next March the earliest I believe, since it was first introduced this March. Why not milk the Venture as long as possible?

As for the HHonor extra earnings on the gasoline and groceries - just keep in mind an HHonor point may worth just 0.005 or less even with the AXON redemption chart.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by manneca

Why would you leave money on the table?
www.capitalonecash.com
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:25 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by Happy
And cheated you $100 sign up bonus.

This card is heavily advertised on BofA website as well as at the branch, with $100 sign up bonus for X amount spend within Y months. Every time I go to BofA site, I see this card on the first page. Every time I logged out, it is AS card. (the 25K not the 40K available earlier).

If you dont have other cards that offer higher than 3% gasoline, you could the card just for the gasoline and make BofA pays out the highest reward. lol.
I've got the Pen Fed Visa and the Fidelity Amex, so this card is of no use to me. For forex, I have the Citi Premier TY and Marriott Rewards so even if that goes away I am still covered.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
What is the 3% transfer fee on the Capital One Cash card? Is the 50% annual bonus only given at the end of the year?

What is the forex fee on the Fidelity? Can you transfer the cash and access it from an ATM with no forex fees?
Old Sep 8, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jamflyer
Got my second letter today . Seems I have been "upgraded" to BankAmerica Cash Rewards" Credit card....

1% on everyday purchases
2% groceries
3% gas.

Card will go into sock drawer.

Schwab Visa is dead - RIP 10/31/2011!
Does it have any mention of a forex fee or annual fee?
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by freeflyin
According to the BA web site, this standard card has no annual fee but it does impose the near criminal 3% foreign transaction fee which means it is useless.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
But the Venture card annual fee is not up yet - until next March the earliest I believe, since it was first introduced this March. Why not milk the Venture as long as possible?

As for the HHonor extra earnings on the gasoline and groceries - just keep in mind an HHonor point may worth just 0.005 or less even with the AXON redemption chart.
Yep, I will wait until they charge me the fee. Just thinking ahead.

I'm saving HHonor points for the Maldives, where the points are worth a lot if you can snag a reservation.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I just called the Fidelity Amex apply number and they claimed there's no foreign exchange fees. If that is correct, then it would seem that's functionally equivalent to the Schwab card, since there are no annual fees, 2% rewards and no limits.

Of course it's an Amex instead of Visa and Fidelity may not reimburse your ATM fees or have an ATM without forex fees. The guy I talked to was at a card company so he couldn't tell me about the Fidelity account options.

This was at 866-598-4971

Anyone with this card find that it has no forex fees? The guy said there was a Visa which only had 1.5% cash back and 3% forex.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:23 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wco81
...claimed there's no foreign exchange fees.
The online application shows 1%:

American Express (1) converts charges made in foreign currencies to U.S. dollars using a rate selected on the business day prior to the day on which the charges are processed by American Express and (2) applies a 1% commission to the converted amount.
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ntry?sc=UABIQI
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by freeflyin

No mention of the forex and there is no annual fee. They did offer their $75 af card as an option (which I ignored).
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigbuy
Why would you leave money on the table?
www.capitalonecash.com
C1 pulls all 3 credit reporting agencies.

Some folks may consider $100 sign up bonus is not worth it when an additional inquiry may hurt their chances in getting other baniks' cards with far more lucrative sign up bonus.

Downgrading does not involve credit pull in other banks' practice though I am not sure how C1 operates in this department.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Got the final letter -- BOA says Oct 31 is the last day purchases get 2%. They'll pay that out Nov 7 then the card is dead, new BOA card coming. I am canceling my account the day my final 2% payment posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.