How Much Do You Churn?

Old Oct 9, 06, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

How Much Do You Churn?

I've recently become a churner. So I was wondering how much do you churn?
Old Oct 9, 06, 9:12 pm

Programs: American, United
Originally Posted by Mr. S
I've recently become a churner. So I was wondering how much do you churn?
I churned once a month for 3 months, and think I'm done with it...
Old Oct 9, 06, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Plenty. ^
Old Oct 10, 06, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT GOLD, RC PLAT PREM
Once a month on AAdvantage cards....

Just got a Biz class ticket from ELP-HKG on AA/JL for Mar 2007 without flying one mile...total cost 110,000miles

Cost me $1550 in spending (which I was going to do anyway on Chairman card) -- so it has worked out so far...

I have planned on hitting AA lifetime gold by 35 (am 30 now) and lifetime plat by 40...just by churning...
Old Oct 10, 06, 10:21 am

Programs: American, United
Originally Posted by anaggie
Once a month on AAdvantage cards.......
How many times have you churned AA, and do you know your current credit score? I'm curious, might be willing to continue the process myself...
Old Oct 10, 06, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by anaggie
Once a month on AAdvantage cards....

Just got a Biz class ticket from ELP-HKG on AA/JL for Mar 2007 without flying one mile...total cost 110,000miles

Cost me $1550 in spending (which I was going to do anyway on Chairman card) -- so it has worked out so far...

I have planned on hitting AA lifetime gold by 35 (am 30 now) and lifetime plat by 40...just by churning...
when you churn what do you do?

apply for an AA MC and keep it for a month and then close it?

how long do you keep each card before you close it?
i doubt citi bank want us to have too many accounts with them
Old Oct 10, 06, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by srallen
How many times have you churned AA, and do you know your current credit score? I'm curious, might be willing to continue the process myself...
I started churning after I ordered all my credit scores but my situation is different than a lot of people...

I can explain it to you, but not in a public forum..but if you are not looking at buying a house anytime soon (6months or less), you can churn 1 card a month and you score will not take a major hit -- and this is possible only if your score is over 750...mine was 812...
Old Oct 10, 06, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by azmmza
when you churn what do you do?

apply for an AA MC and keep it for a month and then close it?

how long do you keep each card before you close it?
i doubt citi bank want us to have too many accounts with them

this is what I do...

Apply for a CITI MC online...charge the 250 as soon as it gets in ...preferably in one charge....

Keep it till the AA miles post in my acct...then since I have a Chairman Card, I will consolidate the the credit lines into that acct and close the AA card...Since CITI does not disclose the credit limit to the credit agencies on the Chairman card, I have have a huge line of credit without it showing up on my CC....right now it is at 58,000...

this way I do not have to deal with the retiontion dept of AAdvantage... and I wait 15-20 days and then apply again ONLINE only...

I have calculated that this way, you should be able to churn 12-15 cards...give you approx 240,000 to 300,000miles without flying...true you will not earn elite status until you get to the million mark...but as long as I can fly my 1-2 yearly transcons in J - I really do not give a s**t about the elite status....

Just like the flight that I am taking above....JL is still going to treat me well since I am in J and I will get lounge access in SFO thru Admirals club and in HKG thru JL....

So, all in all this works out great for me...
Old Oct 15, 06, 10:50 am

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
I apply for a new Chase, BofA, and Citi card every 45 - 60 days, for years, and plan to continue. I have dozens and dozens of acct.s on my credit report, both closed and open, and have enjoyed the sign up bonus miles, each year, every year, and so does Mrs. kaukau! I have an excellent credit rating. I carry no debt. They continue to issue me all the new acc't.s I apply for, each with full sign-up bonuses and benefits. Now that they "know" me, they are not too worried that I will suddenly max-out all these cards with hundreds of thousands of unsecured credit, and disappear overseas, which is the BIG fear, and they give me all the candy I can eat, for free!
Old Oct 15, 06, 3:13 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by kaukau
I apply for a new Chase, BofA, and Citi card every 45 - 60 days, for years, and plan to continue. I have dozens and dozens of acct.s on my credit report, both closed and open, and have enjoyed the sign up bonus miles, each year, every year, and so does Mrs. kaukau! I have an excellent credit rating. I carry no debt. They continue to issue me all the new acc't.s I apply for, each with full sign-up bonuses and benefits. Now that they "know" me, they are not too worried that I will suddenly max-out all these cards with hundreds of thousands of unsecured credit, and disappear overseas, which is the BIG fear, and they give me all the candy I can eat, for free!

What BofA promotion is worth churning. I am interested in the Alaska program and have bothe the CC and Debit Card. I am not aware of any CC promotion other than the 5K or 10K for $75.
Old Oct 15, 06, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by ned
What BofA promotion is worth churning.
The 25k US along with the 15k by Juniper.
Old Oct 15, 06, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by kaukau
Now that they "know" me, they are not too worried that I will suddenly max-out all these cards with hundreds of thousands of unsecured credit, and disappear overseas, which is the BIG fear, and they give me all the candy I can eat, for free!
It's not that they "know" you, they don't. It's that the US bankruptcy law changed 1 year ago (Oct '05) and now unsecured cc debt cannot be dismissed by a court if you have any assets or a revenue stream, i.e. they are still concerned about you fleeing overseas but the probability of not recouping the charge is much lower.
Old Oct 15, 06, 3:46 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Even better!
Old Oct 21, 06, 11:25 am

closed one AA card last week....have one that I will close on the 26th....applied and approved for one this morning...

another 20,000miles....to date 85,000miles not including the one I just applied...

Started in May 2006....
Old Oct 21, 06, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Dudemon
The 25k US along with the 15k by Juniper.

Do people churn this US card? Any details?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: