Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Much Do You Churn?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
What is the best deal available on the AA MC right now? Please post a link. I want to try some churning and see how much damage it causes.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by drbond
What is the best deal available on the AA MC right now? Please post a link. I want to try some churning and see how much damage it causes.
I still like the link from the AA site has the best offer. 20k free miles that post very fast, and you can get as many cards as you want. I think there's another offer out there for 25k miles, but that card has an annual fee the first year.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by johnep1
I still like the link from the AA site has the best offer. 20k free miles that post very fast, and you can get as many cards as you want. I think there's another offer out there for 25k miles, but that card has an annual fee the first year.

do you have the link? how much is the fee?

thanks
Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by johnep1
I think that you can get a prorated return on the annual fee...if anyone has the link, pls post... I think that this was the 25th anniversary offer...
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:23 am

just closed another AA card on Sunday...will apply in 10-15 days ...I think that if you do it online, there really is not a wait period with CITI...
Old Oct 30, 2006, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA plat CO gold
Do you check your credit score? How much hit you get for each churn?

Originally Posted by anaggie
Once a month on AAdvantage cards....

Just got a Biz class ticket from ELP-HKG on AA/JL for Mar 2007 without flying one mile...total cost 110,000miles

Cost me $1550 in spending (which I was going to do anyway on Chairman card) -- so it has worked out so far...

I have planned on hitting AA lifetime gold by 35 (am 30 now) and lifetime plat by 40...just by churning...
Old Oct 30, 2006, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by bpan0704
Do you check your credit score? How much hit you get for each churn?

don't know/don't care...but I started with a score over 800....

have 0 debt, not looking to buy a house/car anytime soon...mortgage is paid off and so is the car pmt...

know my bankers pesonally so I can explain the churning issue to them when I need a loan....my situation is much different that a lot of other people..
Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:45 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, SPG Preferred Plus, AAdvantage, AMEX MR, United Mileage Plus
How many citi accounts in general has anybody had open at any one time?

I have 5 cards with Citi in all, 3 of which are aadvantage accounts that are: 4, 3, and 1 month(s) old. The other two are no-fee cards that are 1 year old each. I am asking because I am thinking about opening a 4th aadvantage card, and I dont want to cancel any or combine any of my citi accounts yet since the aa cards are all under 6 months, and my no-fee cards are helping balance out the average age of the accounts in my fico score. (I am early 20's and have a relatively short credit history.) What are the chances they'd deny me on the basis of having too many accounts? I am eligible for a credit increase w/out hard pull on one of those no-fee cards, so they are obviously still willing to extend me more credit right?

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
I have 6 Citi cards open now, all different (no AA ones). As far as if you will be approved for another, the only way to tell is to apply.. too many variables that go into their decision to determine if a hard # of accounts open would invalidate you for another. I applied for all six Citi accounts on the same day to get a bunch of TY points. I was only denied for one card, the PP Elite MC (must have taken a few days to process). They sent a letter saying they could not approve this card since they'd shown other applications, and their "policy was to limit the number of applications within a 60-day period." Not sure how many, per se, but I'd suggest waiting to apply for more until it has been 60 days since your last application.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:11 pm

FYI, you can only apply for one personal Citi AA card once every 60 days regardless of type. I have their signature AA card and applied for ther gold AA card, but received a letter indicating that I can not apply within 60 days.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Sounds good. The theory behind the strategy I used (called an App-O-Rama) is that if you apply for all your cards at the same time, all online, when each company checks your credit report, they will see neither the inquiries nor the card approvals for any of the others. Hence, greater chances of not only being approved for each card, but having a higher limit on each. It almost worked out for all of my Citi Cards, the PP Elite must have taken a few days too long...
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, SPG Preferred Plus, AAdvantage, AMEX MR, United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by TTT103
FYI, you can only apply for one personal Citi AA card once every 60 days regardless of type. I have their signature AA card and applied for ther gold AA card, but received a letter indicating that I can not apply within 60 days.
Hmm, I think that's incorrect since I applied for and got an AA MC on April 30, then an AA AMEX on May 28, and got both, plus both bonuses... I think as others have said it may be 2 in 60 days, I dont think I'd do more than that anyway.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by devriesryan04
Hmm, I think that's incorrect since I applied for and got an AA MC on April 30, then an AA AMEX on May 28, and got both, plus both bonuses... I think as others have said it may be 2 in 60 days, I dont think I'd do more than that anyway.

I think the AA AmEx might be a bit different, as I applied for that card within 30 days or so of my AA World card, without any problems. The letter was generated when I attempted to apply for an AA Gold Class card within 60 days of the last AA Signature card. It seems like you can no longer apply for any of the AA MC's within 60 days regardless of card type. I have stellar credit and a high FICO score, so it should not have been an issue.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 6:24 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by devriesryan04
How many citi accounts in general has anybody had open at any one time?

I have 5 cards with Citi in all, 3 of which are aadvantage accounts that are: 4, 3, and 1 month(s) old. The other two are no-fee cards that are 1 year old each. I am asking because I am thinking about opening a 4th aadvantage card, and I dont want to cancel any or combine any of my citi accounts yet since the aa cards are all under 6 months, and my no-fee cards are helping balance out the average age of the accounts in my fico score. (I am early 20's and have a relatively short credit history.) What are the chances they'd deny me on the basis of having too many accounts? I am eligible for a credit increase w/out hard pull on one of those no-fee cards, so they are obviously still willing to extend me more credit right?

Thanks
I believe Citi has a maximum of 6 cards open at any given time. They made me close one to activate a new card.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Does the churning still work? Does it work for AA cards or others as well. Basically you close the card after you get the bonuses and apply for another online? I probably would not do this every month but never thought I could have more than one AA card (I have the AA gold card). Trying to get another 200K AA miles ASAP so I can get to 2 million lifetime for lifetime Plat.

Thanks
Rob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.