FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Much Do You Churn?
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:33 pm
anaggie

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by azmmza
when you churn what do you do?

apply for an AA MC and keep it for a month and then close it?

how long do you keep each card before you close it?
i doubt citi bank want us to have too many accounts with them

this is what I do...

Apply for a CITI MC online...charge the 250 as soon as it gets in ...preferably in one charge....

Keep it till the AA miles post in my acct...then since I have a Chairman Card, I will consolidate the the credit lines into that acct and close the AA card...Since CITI does not disclose the credit limit to the credit agencies on the Chairman card, I have have a huge line of credit without it showing up on my CC....right now it is at 58,000...

this way I do not have to deal with the retiontion dept of AAdvantage... and I wait 15-20 days and then apply again ONLINE only...

I have calculated that this way, you should be able to churn 12-15 cards...give you approx 240,000 to 300,000miles without flying...true you will not earn elite status until you get to the million mark...but as long as I can fly my 1-2 yearly transcons in J - I really do not give a s**t about the elite status....

Just like the flight that I am taking above....JL is still going to treat me well since I am in J and I will get lounge access in SFO thru Admirals club and in HKG thru JL....

So, all in all this works out great for me...