Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone gotten a second bonus on this card? The rules for personal cards are pretty clear, but for business this is uncharted territory.
Robl and ccuser11 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:05 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by milesforhire
Has anyone gotten a second bonus on this card? The rules for personal cards are pretty clear, but for business this is uncharted territory.
I opened one June 2018, closed September 2018, and just opened another one this month with the 60k/1k offer. Received bonus both times.
aSiAnRiCk, Robl, DCJoe1 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:02 pm

Applied 4/16. Got a message that they would call me for more info. Checked online of my status 10 minutes later and was denied. 760, 6/24 (One was an AU card), 100% payment history, had 3 inquiries on my TU report. Denied for insufficient credit history. I called recon and the first two representatives wouldn't approve it and insisted that 2 years of credit history was not enough for them to extend credit (which seemed odd since they auto approved me for the Personal Aviator last year when my average age of credit was 1 year). The third representative asked some questions about my business and personal income and was able to approve the application.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:40 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jlai777
.... insisted that 2 years of credit history was not enough for them to extend credit (which seemed odd since they auto approved me for the Personal Aviator last year when my average age of credit was 1 year). ....
Underwriting standards for business and personal cards are different. The failure rate for small businesses is high in the first years, and even though we are personally responsible for these debts the issuers may not want to be caught up in a closure or bankruptcy.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Can anyone share the payment address for this card? Alternately, if I choose "Barclaycard" in my bank's billpay, will it get to the right place? Normally I would just input the payment address from a statement and let my bank figure out where to send it, but I've had this card for 8 weeks and still haven't gotten my first statement. They claim I'll get one in May, but I'm getting a bit uncomfortable with how high the balance is getting in the meantime and would like to push a payment through before then.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:07 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lmagnott
Can anyone share the payment address....
Business Card Services
Box 23066
Columbus, GA 31902-3066
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
SO approved at lol/24 after being denied for personal Aviator card. Approval appears to follow different rules than the personal cards.
Robl likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
75K public offer now available.

"Earn up to 75,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles

Earn 65,000 miles after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. Earn 10,000 miles when a purchase is made on an employee card."

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/
aSiAnRiCk, 84fiero, Robl and 1 others like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
I have a card from last year, can i get a second one? Or can i cancel it within one year and get another one immediately?
Old May 20, 2019, 6:24 am

Business Application review phone number

Hello, I can't edit the Wiki. My application is under review so I tried calling and someone gave me a phone number. The business application review team is on the west coast, reachable at +1-866-7102-688.
aSiAnRiCk and maewest like this.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by etilyeti
Hello, I can't edit the Wiki. My application is under review so I tried calling and someone gave me a phone number. The business application review team is on the west coast, reachable at +1-866-7102-688.
Added 866-710-2688 to wiki.
etilyeti likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I just applied for myself and for my wife. As has happened several times before, my wife got the instant approval and I got the review. Odd thing is that we both have almost the same very good credit scores. I guess there's something a little fishy about me that needs some investigation.
philemer likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
I have a card from last year, can i get a second one? Or can i cancel it within one year and get another one immediately?
Would like to know that as well. But haven't seen many DP's on this.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
Originally Posted by funwizard
Would like to know that as well. But haven't seen many DP's on this.
My educated guess would be "no" and "no". Let us know.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:20 am

FYI I couldn't find anything in the thread about how strict Barclays was regarding business info so I wanted to add the following data point. I was instantly approved after using the following info (which I copied from sdsearch on post 844 of the Alaska thread):

My name as the business name
My address as the business address
My phone as the business phone
0 years in business
$0 business income to date
minimum employees (1)
Sole Proprietor

I've not had either a personal or business Barclays card in at least three years.

doro
sdsearch and isle-hawg like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.