Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by augias84
In the same boat -- called in and asked for 10k extra miles. Is there any documentation about the thing that they'll match if the application was within 30 days of the higher bonus? I think I might be at 33 days before the higher bonus.....
I don't believe there is any documentation for this kind of thing. You might be out of luck if it has been more than 30 days. That was what I read on a blog.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Data Point

I received the Barclay AA Aviator personal card about 19 months ago & rarely use it. Applied for the 60K Business version today and was instantly approved. I wasn't sure if holding the personal version would hurt my chances of being approved for the business version. Glad it didn't. I have had no other Barclay cards in the last 2 yrs.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:28 am

So my 50k miles just showed up in my account even before the first billing cycle ended. I called again and CSR said I should see the extra 10k in the next 1-2 billing cycles. Will update.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:32 pm

Never had business version of this card before and applied it first time. Got the message for more information. I called them and they asked me about my business, website name, # of years in business etc... after providing information, rep told me analyst will review the information and let me know by email/phone in 3-5 business. Anybody faced similar situation? what was your outcome?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; DL Gold; UA Silver; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
i applied using the same name i used for past 2 biz cards.. i used my initials "consulting" .. i guess i should stick with just my name as my biz name then?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by homeone
i applied using the same name i used for past 2 biz cards.. i used my initials "consulting" .. i guess i should stick with just my name as my biz name then?
Yes, first and last name only.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Applied Sunday night, got "pending review" message. Received approval email 24 hours later.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by mak101
Never had business version of this card before and applied it first time. Got the message for more information. I called them and they asked me about my business, website name, # of years in business etc... after providing information, rep told me analyst will review the information and let me know by email/phone in 3-5 business. Anybody faced similar situation? what was your outcome?
Update:
I checked the status online and its approved now , never received any approval email, waiting for the card now.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:40 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

What is the downgrade path for this card? I get both CitiBusiness AA and Barclay Business AA. Need to cancel one. I'm not sure which one is better.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedSun
What is the downgrade path for this card? I get both CitiBusiness AA and Barclay Business AA. Need to cancel one. I'm not sure which one is better.
At most if not all banks, you can only downgrade a business card to another business card. Does Barclay issue any no-fee business cards?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Approved on Monday, card received on Saturday. Given that I was told 7-10 days, pretty happy with that (no request to expedite....because why?).
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:18 am

DP..instant approved w/no issues. Only other history I have with them is Arrival plus that I haven't put any real spend on in over 2yrs.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:12 pm

DP. Pending and then denied 10 minutes later. I got the Aviator Red Personal back in January. 760 credit score, College student (21), 30K income, 4000 business revenue, No debt. I was denied for too many new accounts in the past 24 months. Based off Credit Karma, I opened 7 personal credit card accounts (1 of them is an Amex Platinum Authorized User card) in the past 24 months. Opened 3 credit cards in the past 6 months (4 if you count the Amex Platinum AU card). I haven't opened a personal credit card in the past 3 months. I also got 3 business cards in the past 6 months (not on my credit report), 2 of them in the past 3 months. I called reconsideration twice and both time I was told that due to too many new accounts opened in the past 24 months I could not be reconsidered. I'm going to try tomorrow again and escalate to a manager and see what happens. Any advice?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
DP: applied 9/4, went pending. 9/15 a card mysteriously appears in the mail. Yay.

Website is super crappy. Had to call in to see how to setup autopay; they instructed me to send bank instructions via SM. At least that went thru on the first try (no back & forth needed).
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Richard Berg
DP: applied 9/4, went pending. 9/15 a card mysteriously appears in the mail. Yay.

Website is super crappy. Had to call in to see how to setup autopay; they instructed me to send bank instructions via SM. At least that went thru on the first try (no back & forth needed).
Surprised to read this - "super crappy" compared to what? Logging in via the business card web portal and it seems pretty simple, easy to navigate. Menu on the left, balance/payment at the top right corner.

When I log on using the business card web portal, there's a big blue box on the right with a button that says "make payment". Click on that and you enter account number, routing number, etc. (It's not how I make payments to credit card companies but it wasn't difficult to find, IMO.)

Last edited by Diplomatico; Sep 20, 2018 at 9:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.