Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Going to do this card and Chase SW performance in the next day or two. Which would you all do first? At 1/24.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by 84fiero
My wife wasn't asked to submit any documentation for her app (about 6 weeks ago) for this card. Was approved after a few days or so. Years in business, revenue, etc. were all zeros in her app. ~25 year solid credit history, 800+ FICO, no hard pulls for that bureau in the past 24 months. No idea what drives the request in some cases and not others. To me it's worth the hard pull to try but YMMV of course.
I agree that (a) it's just hard to really know what is going on with these people (Barclays), so why not just give it a go, since (b) relative to a lot of the other problems in the credit card world these days, another hard pull, to good effect or not, is no big deal. I mean, in some cosmic justice sense I was bewildered and annoyed by the silly letter I got back from Barclays, but it is also the case that, with a genuine social security card now in hand, I will probably try again soon... when I will be around to respond if necessary to their nonsense on their time schedule.... Because with Citi now having moved to 48 months between bonuses, then absent using those targeted mailers (and blowing through 5/24), it's getting harder and harder to accrue AA miles.

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Going to do this card and Chase SW performance in the next day or two. Which would you all do first? At 1/24.
I guess I would be inclined to either do Chase first... or to wait and do Chase a lot later. Have you gotten any other Chase cards lately (I know that 1/24 suggests not, but maybe you have been hitting the business cards while getting under 5/24...)? I mention this only because personally I could not survive (at least figuratively) without Chase UR points (hello Hyatt!), so I am super-cautious these days about not getting on Chase's bad side (even if no one really knows precisely when and how that happens).
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Applied for this card recently at 6/24 and got a screen saying "your information is being reviewed." Called reconsideration. Agent said I was auto denied due to too many recent accounts, but they would do manual review to try to approve. After a few questions - mainly seemed concerned about my income - I was approved.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Because with Citi now having moved to 48 months between bonuses, then absent using those targeted mailers (and blowing through 5/24), it's getting harder and harder to accrue AA miles.
Definitely not as smooth as it used to be! I'm patiently waiting for another targeting mailer...maybe...some day!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
How long did it take for you to be approved? AND
How long does it take for card to arrive after approval?
Oh man, Took 25 days for the app to be approved. After submitting electronically I called for the reconsideration desk at 5pm CDT. Was supposedly transferred to them, they said they would get back to me. A week later I called again. This agent said Biz reconsideration agents were in the UK, and I would have to call the UK, as "Barclay's is a UK Bank, they handle all the business apps, and they close at 5pm GMT. I thought all of it odd, and just decided to wait. Received the approval about three weeks later, and the cards another ten days on.

Though I told them I was applying to replace an $80k Citi Biz account, +800 credit score and lots of income, they gave me $14k line. OK, at least I'll get my 60K bonus and another 10K for adding an employee card.

A month after making the $1,000 purchase, and getting the employee card, no bonus. Any data points on how long this has taken to post?

One the old Red Card on line dashboard there was an indicator showing progress towards EQDs. Don't see one on the business card website site. Does anyone see it on theirs?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Snuggs
Oh man, Took 25 days for the app to be approved. After submitting electronically I called for the reconsideration desk at 5pm CDT. Was supposedly transferred to them, they said they would get back to me. A week later I called again. This agent said Biz reconsideration agents were in the UK, and I would have to call the UK, as "Barclay's is a UK Bank, they handle all the business apps, and they close at 5pm GMT. I thought all of it odd, and just decided to wait. Received the approval about three weeks later, and the cards another ten days on.

Though I told them I was applying to replace an $80k Citi Biz account, +800 credit score and lots of income, they gave me $14k line. OK, at least I'll get my 60K bonus and another 10K for adding an employee card.

A month after making the $1,000 purchase, and getting the employee card, no bonus. Any data points on how long this has taken to post?

One the old Red Card on line dashboard there was an indicator showing progress towards EQDs. Don't see one on the business card website site. Does anyone see it on theirs?
If you spend $1000 & make one charge on the AU card (if you have one), you'll get the full 65K + 10K a couple days after your statement date.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Anyone else having trouble submitting the app that's reached via the link in the wiki? Regardless of which browser I use, after I fill out the app and meticulously make sure EVERYTHING is filled in that's required and click 'submit' it takes me back to the app telling me "all required fields must be completed" or something to that effect. The only thing worse than getting denied for a card is wasting your time filling out the same app 25 times before you get denied. lol. Just trying to figure out if the trouble is on Barclay's end and is maybe messing with the offer in some way or if it's just me. (I don't think it's me.)
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by IDM79
Anyone else having trouble submitting the app that's reached via the link in the wiki? Regardless of which browser I use, after I fill out the app and meticulously make sure EVERYTHING is filled in that's required and click 'submit' it takes me back to the app telling me "all required fields must be completed" or something to that effect. The only thing worse than getting denied for a card is wasting your time filling out the same app 25 times before you get denied. lol. Just trying to figure out if the trouble is on Barclay's end and is maybe messing with the offer in some way or if it's just me. (I don't think it's me.)
Ive had this happen with other apps. I had to use a different browser and once even ended up applying via my phone. Maddening.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:42 pm
akm

Both of us (me and my spouse) have this card on separate accounts. Would it be a bad idea for both of us to get an additional user card for each other in order to get extra 10K points each? I am not even sure if Barclay would allow that but before we ask we want to make sure that it will not affect our card count, especially for the Chase 5/24 count (and possibly credit scores).

Originally Posted by akm
Does Barclay pull credit report for the employee card user and will the employee card show up on emplyee's personal credit report? I am wondering if there is ANY downside of getting an employee card for my spouse in order to get the additional 10K points.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by akm
Both of us (me and my spouse) have this card on separate accounts. Would it be a bad idea for both of us to get an additional user card for each other in order to get extra 10K points each? I am not even sure if Barclay would allow that but before we ask we want to make sure that it will not affect our card count, especially for the Chase 5/24 count (and possibly credit scores).
For a business card this should not count against the Chase tally. You are getting employee cards, you're not an authorized user, it's a business card. But don't trust me; trust DoC.

Then factor in the possibility of a little bad luck, because it is Barclays...
Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:30 pm

Ive had this happen with other apps. I had to use a different browser and once even ended up applying via my phone. Maddening.
Tried 3 different browsers several times each over a couple days and still no luck. Had confirmation from another person who is having the same trouble so at least I know it's probably not anything on my end that's going wrong. Would love to hear from someone who has successfully submitted this app within the last couple days, otherwise I'm assuming Barclays has unplugged it and left the shell there to taunt us. Hope not. (I guess I could call and see what's up, but I'd rather not deal with the "so, why have you opened a couple dozen cards in the last couple years?"-type questions.)
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Tried 3 different browsers several times each over a couple days and still no luck. Had confirmation from another person who is having the same trouble so at least I know it's probably not anything on my end that's going wrong. Would love to hear from someone who has successfully submitted this app within the last couple days, otherwise I'm assuming Barclays has unplugged it and left the shell there to taunt us. Hope not. (I guess I could call and see what's up, but I'd rather not deal with the "so, why have you opened a couple dozen cards in the last couple years?"-type questions.)
Hmmm....I've occasionally gotten tripped up no a site if I didn't format something the way it wanted (like a phone number), though usually it'll highlight the field in question. Sometimes turning off ad block or similar ad-ons, can help with odd issues like that, for some reason.

Try your phone browser and a different PC entirely. And try in incognito/private mode. That's about all I can think of, which probably won't be much help.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:52 pm

Tried again today and a field that wasn't there before (Own Home/Rent/Other) showed up and this time the app went through. Moral of the story: Super hard to satisfy the "All fields are required" requirement when some fields don't show up. Anyway, app is still working. Carry on...
84fiero likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:56 am

DP - Applied this card on 6/27 without AU, card approval email received around 10 days before and finally card received yesterday.

Can I still add AU to get 10k extra? I think I have to apply AU in first 30 days but do I have to spend from AU's card in first 30 days or in 90 days to get additional 10k? Do they ask SSN for AU? credit check for AU?

Thanks.

Edit: I called them and they asked me only employee name and they will be sending me a new employee card. Employee card need to be used in first 30 days from account open which is not my application date but which is the date they approved my application, so I have 3 more weeks to get extra 10k

Last edited by mak101; Jul 23, 2019 at 9:35 am
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Snuggs

According to Barclay, no fancy dashboard on biz site

Originally Posted by txpenny
If you spend $1000 & make one charge on the AU card (if you have one), you'll get the full 65K + 10K a couple days after your statement date.
Thanks for the reply. I had called Barclay and that is exactly what they told me. I told the agent I made the qualifying purchases during the statement period which closed two weeks ago, and no credit yet. I was then told I would get the points after the following statement close. Figured i’ll Just wait another four weeks to check again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.