Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:55 pm

Question Applied, needs review, rejected status on app status portal

Hello,

I just applied today. Legitimate, although freshly new business with significant income. I also have a personal line with +$10K, less than 5% utilization across all, recently opened C.C with about $40K CL. I got the message that they need to verify, and thought to myself, NBD. but then, after checking on the application status portal, my app. is DENIED!!! I am really confused. Should I wait for the verification "phone call" or be proactive and reach out to them? Is the denial status automatic for apps. that need further review?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Is this card reported to the credit bureaus? Need to know if it will cause problems with Chase' 5/24 rule.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Is this card reported to the credit bureaus? Need to know if it will cause problems with Chase' 5/24 rule.
I don't believe so. I was approved about a week ago and nothing on TU or Experian yet. Not sure if it's too early, however.
Data points at DOC also seem to confirm this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arkistan
Any DPs on proper timing to PC/cancel this card to reapply?
For most of us, this card will be turning 1 next month. It was fairly under the radar until last November when the 40k link was discovered.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
No, but the hard inquiry (TransUnion ) will show up. Although I think Chase (in my state) hits Equifax. Barclays also apparently uses Sagestream (as does US Bank and Discover).

BTW, I've had the card opened for a little over 2 billing cycles, and no new account shows up on the 3 main bureaus.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: *A
Instant approval with $14k CL. $0, 0 years SP.
It seems like Barclay's don't like too many recent accounts; I have opened 3 in the past year (2 business, 1 personal).
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Clicked through the link in the FAQ, arrived at landing page stating the offer expires tomorrow, 31 Oct. These things often get renewed, but why take the chance? I applied today, stating 0 biz income/0 years/0 employees but substantial personal income. Also have Aviator Red personal card opened 5 years ago. Instant approval on biz card. Nice!
sds1493 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Does getting a mailer improve your odds? On the fence as we're well into "lot's of accounts opened", but was wondering whether it was worth a flyer with the mailer.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: many
50K now as of Nov 1, 2018
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Clicked through the link in the FAQ, arrived at landing page stating the offer expires tomorrow, 31 Oct. These things often get renewed, but why take the chance? I applied today, stating 0 biz income/0 years/0 employees but substantial personal income. Also have Aviator Red personal card opened 5 years ago. Instant approval on biz card. Nice!
Originally Posted by pcharles
50K now as of Nov 1, 2018
Looks like darthbimmer was right on the money
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:25 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I just closed down this card. I get both Citi and Barclay. One of the decision is Barclay's online access. It took me a long time to find its website and the it is not really good.

We still get Barclay Aviator person card. We may downgrade to the no AF cards....
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:14 pm

I am trying to decide between getting this Barclay Aviator business card or the Citi AA business card. Eventually i want both. I've already got 3 personal cards this year, no business cards. Not sure whichever bank I try second would be upset to see four previous cards this year by moi. (I have about an 800 score.)

Oh, i just remember something. If you apply for 2 cards within ten minutes of each other, is it true that the second one would not see the pull from the first application because it takes longer than that to show up?
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cufly
.... is it true that the second one would not see the pull from the first application because it takes longer than that to show up?
No, inquiries can be recorded in real time now. However, inquiries are not uniform across all credit bureaus. Inquiries cost money, and most issuers only pull an inquiry from one bureau (though some pull two or three). This means that the first inquiry may not be seen by the second issuer if they pull from a different bureau.
sdsearch, aSiAnRiCk and cufly like this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I could use the 50,000 AA miles sooner rather than later. How long after paying AF and first purchase do miles show up in AA account? TIA.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I could use the 50,000 AA miles sooner rather than later. How long after paying AF and first purchase do miles show up in AA account? TIA.
Provided you push the annual fee before it's billed (i.e., within the first month), the miles show up in your AA account when the first statement closes.
Biggie Fries likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.