Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:28 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by lodit
$18k personal, but then just $2k business.
Not sure what's up with that.

Used my own info for business account, if that matters.
Yikes. I am asking because I pay my taxes with my CCs (self-employed) and I have always used my Delta AMEXes (1 personal, 1 reserve) to do so.

I switched all of my flying to AA/BA now so I was hoping to get limits big enough on the Barclay Personal and Biz Cards to earn the EQD Bonuses.

I think I am going to simply call in and talk to them about what I want to do and why and see if they will increase my personal CLI to at least $25k and then hopefully get a biz card--but I have no use for a $2k limit card.

Do you have any other BIZ cards? I opened up a Chase Ink Preferred biz and a DL AMEX PLT biz card last year and just used my own income for the business and Chase gave me $24k and DL gave me $15k. I hope I can use these as leverage in requesting a large starting CL with Barclay.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
Yikes. I am asking because I pay my taxes with my CCs (self-employed) and I have always used my Delta AMEXes (1 personal, 1 reserve) to do so.
I switched all of my flying to AA/BA now so I was hoping to get limits big enough on the Barclay Personal and Biz Cards to earn the EQD Bonuses.
I think I am going to simply call in and talk to them about what I want to do and why and see if they will increase my personal CLI to at least $25k and then hopefully get a biz card--but I have no use for a $2k limit card.
Do you have any other BIZ cards? I opened up a Chase Ink Preferred biz and a DL AMEX PLT biz card last year and just used my own income for the business and Chase gave me $24k and DL gave me $15k. I hope I can use these as leverage in requesting a large starting CL with Barclay.
No other business cards. This was my first one!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 355F1

Keep in mind that there's a difference between a $2k limit personal card, and a $2k limit business card. On a personal card, you want to keep your balance under 30% of the CL for credit score reasons. But since business cards from most banks don't report to credit bureaus, there's no problem walking right up to the CL (and staying there) on a business card.

Meanwhile, some (but not all) banks allow you to transfer CL between personal and business cards. You may want to look into whether Barclay allows this, in case you you get enough total CL, but in a very lopsided manner like lodit did. (But again, remember,, because of that 30%, you do want much more CL on a personal card than a business card. Just maybe not quite a 9:1 ratio .)
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:54 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Keep in mind that there's a difference between a $2k limit personal card, and a $2k limit business card. On a personal card, you want to keep your balance under 30% of the CL for credit score reasons. But since business cards from most banks don't report to credit bureaus, there's no problem walking right up to the CL (and staying there) on a business card.

Meanwhile, some (but not all) banks allow you to transfer CL between personal and business cards. You may want to look into whether Barclay allows this, in case you you get enough total CL, but in a very lopsided manner like lodit did. (But again, remember,, because of that 30%, you do want much more CL on a personal card than a business card. Just maybe not quite a 9:1 ratio .)
I actually know the whole biz CLI thing.

But I am still looking to throw down about $50k on SOME card(s) just for my taxes in April. So I don't know if this is going to be possible to put everything on the Barclay card(s). I have about $55k limits with my 2 Delta AMEX cards but only need to spend $15k more to get the MQM bonus and meet the Spending Waiver.

I think I am going to call a credit analyst with Barclay and present my case. FICO is around 760 so I hope I can get this done. Worst case....I just build my relationship with Barclay over the next year and then I will probably be able to throw all $50k on their cards--even if I have to do it 2 times @ $25k each month.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:06 am

Personally, I'm more concerned about ensuring that the mileage bonus is available for both cards I've opened (60k AA personal, 40k AA biz).
I suppose a SM for both accounts should take care of that?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lodit
Personally, I'm more concerned about ensuring that the mileage bonus is available for both cards I've opened (60k AA personal, 40k AA biz).
I suppose a SM for both accounts should take care of that?
We've not heard of anyone getting an Aviator card and not getting the bonus. (Some other banks do that, but Barclay doesn't.) So you would be the first. I thus don't understand the concern.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by augias84
I'm wondering whether by now anybody who got the Aviator business card had it show up as an account on any of their credit repors? (I don't mean the hard pull on Transunion, I mean if it was reported as an account to the personal credit bureaus) By now enough time has elapsed and enough people have applied that we should have some DPs? I'm working to be at 4/24 this summer and wary of getting this business card unless I know it's safe for my Chase 5/24 strategy...
I, too, am keenly interested in this (for the same reason). I understand that this was an open question initially...we all know that most - but not all - "business" credit cards aren't reported on your personal credit report, and some of us have been hoping to see actual experiences to validate if that is true for this one or not.

IIRC this card became generally available sometime in the fall of 2017 (early November) so I'm thinking by now it should have appeared on personal credit reports if it's ever going to.

Has anyone here who got this card back in November seen it on your personal credit report? Thank you for sharing this info.

Last edited by nwflyboy; Feb 27, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:50 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nwflyboy

Has anyone here who got this card back in November seen it on your personal credit report? Thank you for sharing this info.

Anyone.....???
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I, too, am keenly interested in this (for the same reason). I understand that this was an open question initially...we all know that most - but not all - "business" credit cards aren't reported on your personal credit report, and some of us have been hoping to see actual experiences to validate if that is true for this one or not.

IIRC this card became generally available sometime in the fall of 2017 (early November) so I'm thinking by now it should have appeared on personal credit reports if it's ever going to.

The previous US Airways business card existed for years, so you could probably look back on those threads.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:15 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

I just applied for and was approved for the BIZ Card (5 months after I got the Red Personal). They made me move some of my $25k Personal Line over to approve the BIZ card due to my limited history with Barclays.

I will report everything with this card in this thread.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nall
The previous US Airways business card existed for years, so you could probably look back on those threads.
Except that it's not clear if Barclay is doing things regarding this (business cards on credit reports) the same with all cards and the same over all time. Some datapoints out there on the web imply that certain cards they issue or issued do show up on credit reports, but many other datapoints say they don't show up on credit reports. Those datapoints often are incomplete (don't show opening date for the card, for example), so it's hard to be sure about anything other than that it'd be better to get current datapoints on the specific card you're interested in.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: AA
I am curious... Can you get the EQD bonus on the biz card if you have the red/silver already?

I called them and couldn't get a clear answer - and finally one person said it was fine but honestly, she answered so quickly I don't really trust the answer.

Additionally, I found this on the application website:
A Signing Individual may earn the maximum $3,000 EQDs per calendar year through the card account, unless the Signing Individual has already earned the maximum number of EQDs through other AAdvantageŽ co-branded credit cards.
Anyone know if you can earn EQDs on this card if you already are/will be earning them on one's personal card?

Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schwachs
I am curious... Can you get the EQD bonus on the biz card if you have the red/silver already?

I called them and couldn't get a clear answer - and finally one person said it was fine but honestly, she answered so quickly I don't really trust the answer.

Additionally, I found this on the application website:
A Signing Individual may earn the maximum $3,000 EQDs per calendar year through the card account, unless the Signing Individual has already earned the maximum number of EQDs through other AAdvantageŽ co-branded credit cards.
Anyone know if you can earn EQDs on this card if you already are/will be earning them on one's personal card?

Thanks!
There's a thread all about EQDs with Barlcay Aviator cards in the AA forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html

You should start with the wiki of that thread (which seems to say that you can only earn $3000 EQD max no matter how many Barclay AA cards you have), and if you still have questions after reading that wiki, ask your questions there in that thread.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:11 pm

which seems to say that you can only earn $3000 EQD max no matter how many Barclay AA cards you have
The Silver card can actually earn $6000 EQD, although they address overlap with the red card in the T&C.

And back on topic, there's a 50000 mile bonus for the Barclays AA business card now.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA
There's a thread all about EQDs with Barlcay Aviator cards in the AA forum:

You should start with the wiki of that thread (which seems to say that you can only earn $3000 EQD max no matter how many Barclay AA cards you have), and if you still have questions after reading that wiki, ask your questions there in that thread.

Awesome... I'll go read that now! Sorry - I looked before and clearly not well enough. Thanks again for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.