Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uppereastsider
Successful Credits:
  • AA $50 gift card
  • AA $100 gift card
  • AA taxes and seat fees paid on award, $94.80
  • AA $11.20 taxes paid on award
  • AA miles purchase, $100 reimbursed on $225 purchase
  • AA first class upgrade that cost 145
  • AS drinks
  • AS award taxes ($5.60)
  • AS bag fee ($30)
  • B6 bag fee
  • B6 EMS purchase
  • B6 seat selection (from basic fare)
  • DL taxes paid on domestic award, also award from Caribbean to US
  • DL First Class buyup (prior to OLCI)
  • HA taxes
  • HA seat selection fee
  • HA bag fee
  • UA taxes paid on international award, Europe to US one-way
  • UA small fee reimbursed when paying for one-way ticket with electronic ticket certificate
  • UA WiFi subscription
  • WN $16 fee
  • WN award fee
  • WN early bird fee
  • WN in-flight movie
  • WN $11.20 TSA fee
  • WN $39 o/w ticket
  • WN $40+ charge + travel fund for o/w ticket
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (mobile site)
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (desktop site) Go here to purchase: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Unsuccessful Credits:
  • Gogo, not billed by airlines
  • WN gift card
  • AS $125 change fee, which was billed in a separate transaction from the fare increase
  • AS $25 gift card

1/19/18 A BOA rep stated the following are eligible airlines for credits: AA, AS, UA, DL, WN, HA, B6, F9.

Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: na
How long do these credits take to post? I ordered $250 United TravelBank early last week (8 days ago) and have not seen any credit come through yet. This is for the Premium Rewards Elite Credit Card. I had $254 airline incidentals remaining for the year, so I thought the $250 credit would be perfect. It coded the transaction as travel and dining so I received the boost, but no incidental credit yet. Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by dp741
How long do these credits take to post? I ordered $250 United TravelBank early last week (8 days ago) and have not seen any credit come through yet. This is for the Premium Rewards Elite Credit Card. I had $254 airline incidentals remaining for the year, so I thought the $250 credit would be perfect. It coded the transaction as travel and dining so I received the boost, but no incidental credit yet. Thanks!
I think you're supposed to buy in $100 increments. Did the needle for the airline incidentals move?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: na
Originally Posted by trikotret
I think you're supposed to buy in $100 increments. Did the needle for the airline incidentals move?
Finally found the needle you are talking about. It is buried in rewards --> redeem points --> opens a new tab --> travel and lifestyle credits

Yes the needle did move and when I expand it, it shows my $250 purchase for United TravelBank listed. This was 10/20 but still hasn't come through yet on the card. Makes me much more comfortable seeing it on the needle gauge. It will likely go through. Didn't know the needle gauge was a thing, thanks for teaching me!
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:07 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by dp741
Finally found the needle you are talking about. It is buried in rewards --> redeem points --> opens a new tab --> travel and lifestyle credits

Yes the needle did move and when I expand it, it shows my $250 purchase for United TravelBank listed. This was 10/20 but still hasn't come through yet on the card. Makes me much more comfortable seeing it on the needle gauge. It will likely go through. Didn't know the needle gauge was a thing, thanks for teaching me!
Thanks for reporting this. I have been thinking about doing TB purchase because I used to fly UA more often.

LAX
dp741 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
Update -- I just checked Cardcash again, and they are buying AA gift cards again, offering $80. So slightly better than the $76 for SW.
Quick update -- bought the AA gift card on Saturday. Had to wait three days before opening it and sold it to Cardcash on Wednesday. Got paid $80 in a few hours. The meter on the BofA rewards page reflects the incidental spend as of today (Thursday).

Update 2 - got the $100 credit around a week after the purchase.

Time to buy another card on my PR account. The first one was on my wife's account that we just got last year and will downgrade to CCR when the annual fee hits next month.

Last edited by MisterBill; Nov 14, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Old Nov 20, 2022, 7:43 pm

Does anyone have any idea how often American Airlines comes and goes from Cardcash's buy list? I waited too long to order one on my other card, and now it's not on CC. I have not purchased it yet but probably should, so I will have it when it returns to Cardcash, since I assume that it will at some point. Southwest is also not available to sell. No use for United Travelbank credit.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Just adding another $100 AA datapoint. I have both the Elite and Premium cards; AA gift cert purchases on both resulted in the credit. Meter moved day after posting to the account for both. Strangely the actual posting of the credit took 5 days on the Elite card and 7 on the Premium (I found this strange given the charges were made within minutes of one another and the meters both changed at the same time).
Old Dec 9, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
TB 100 purchased 11/29.
Credited 12/1/22.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 1:44 pm

12/19 bought AA giftcard
12/20 posted
12/24 airline incidental credited
Old Dec 28, 2022, 3:56 pm

12/22 PT PM bought WN flights on boa premium elite cc:

1x $ 94.00
1x $ 97.98
1x $ 98.50
these were bought back to back

12/28 meter moved for 97.98 only.
do i need to buy another flight asap to make sure i receive the remaining ~200 credit?
Old Dec 30, 2022, 12:58 am

12/22 Fund UA TB 100 and got credit soon.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Almost missed out on this year's credit

Purchased AA $100 GC on 12/28
Posted on 12/31 after shown pending, dated 12/29
Airline Incidental Statement Credit ticker changed to $100 spent on 12/31

This card is a keeper for me even though it has AF. It pays you $5 to keep it as long as you remember to use the $100 credit lol
I'm going to buy another AA GC next week just to get 2023 credit out of the way lol
Old Dec 31, 2022, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
12/22 PT PM bought WN flights on boa premium elite cc:

1x $ 94.00
1x $ 97.98
1x $ 98.50
these were bought back to back

12/28 meter moved for 97.98 only.
do i need to buy another flight asap to make sure i receive the remaining ~200 credit?
Based on my experience, yes and book the one that costs 97.98
Travelchurner likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Does anyone have experience product changing Premium Rewards to Premium Rewards Elite or vice versa? I'm wondering if the airline credits are treated completely separated or not. E.g. if you use the $100 airline credit on PR and PC to Elite, do you only have $200 remaining instead of $300? If you use the $300 elite airline credit and downgrade from Elite to PR, does it show you as having no available airline credit?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by aquanine
Does anyone have experience product changing Premium Rewards to Premium Rewards Elite or vice versa? I'm wondering if the airline credits are treated completely separated or not. E.g. if you use the $100 airline credit on PR and PC to Elite, do you only have $200 remaining instead of $300? If you use the $300 elite airline credit and downgrade from Elite to PR, does it show you as having no available airline credit?
I shifted, but I did it as a new account rather than a change, then requested that the credit line from my old account be transferred over and the old account closed. Given new account bonuses I'm not sure what the advantage of changing would be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.