Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uppereastsider
Successful Credits:
  • AA $50 gift card
  • AA $100 gift card
  • AA taxes and seat fees paid on award, $94.80
  • AA $11.20 taxes paid on award
  • AA miles purchase, $100 reimbursed on $225 purchase
  • AA first class upgrade that cost 145
  • AS drinks
  • AS award taxes ($5.60)
  • AS bag fee ($30)
  • B6 bag fee
  • B6 EMS purchase
  • B6 seat selection (from basic fare)
  • DL taxes paid on domestic award, also award from Caribbean to US
  • DL First Class buyup (prior to OLCI)
  • HA taxes
  • HA seat selection fee
  • HA bag fee
  • UA taxes paid on international award, Europe to US one-way
  • UA small fee reimbursed when paying for one-way ticket with electronic ticket certificate
  • UA WiFi subscription
  • WN $16 fee
  • WN award fee
  • WN early bird fee
  • WN in-flight movie
  • WN $11.20 TSA fee
  • WN $39 o/w ticket
  • WN $40+ charge + travel fund for o/w ticket
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (mobile site)
  • UA $100 United TravelBank Cash (desktop site) Go here to purchase: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Unsuccessful Credits:
  • Gogo, not billed by airlines
  • WN gift card
  • AS $125 change fee, which was billed in a separate transaction from the fare increase
  • AS $25 gift card

1/19/18 A BOA rep stated the following are eligible airlines for credits: AA, AS, UA, DL, WN, HA, B6, F9.

Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards - What works for airline expense reimbursement?

Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by UnevenGray
I think it's just really slow. The additional collection method should work. Did it update yet?
Originally Posted by ebusch
Mine still hasn't reset for 2022 either.
Originally Posted by trikotret
Same here and it's Jan 4. 🤷🏻‍♂️
How long did it take BoA to reset last year?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
How long did it take BoA to reset last year?
Looking back at my emails, I purchased a $100 AA Gift Card on January 01, 2021. The meter must have reset immediately on the 1st last year, otherwise I think I would have waited.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by ebusch
Looking back at my emails, I purchased a $100 AA Gift Card on January 01, 2021. The meter must have reset immediately on the 1st last year, otherwise I think I would have waited.
I called customer care and talked to couple of representatives. Both of them said it is cardmember year. Not sure if it really true and when it got changed from calendar year.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I can't seem to paste the citation, but the footnoted T&C's of the benefit clearly states each calendar year​​.
6r1nch likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by mramvivek
I called customer care and talked to couple of representatives. Both of them said it is cardmember year. Not sure if it really true and when it got changed from calendar year.
It also says to resets on Jan 1st every year
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by trikotret
It also says to resets on Jan 1st every year
Yes. I see that too in T&C. Probably the reps were not aware..Not sure if we can still get the credit without it being reset in our account.

Airline Incidental Statement Credit

You are eligible for a statement credit of up to $100 each calendar year if you make qualifying airline incidental fee transactions.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:28 am

If you click the ? icon in the top right corner of the meter, the pop-up clearly states that it is supposed to reset on Jan 1st of each year:

6r1nch likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Phone reps are known (notorious) for asserting wrong information to hustle unhappy clients off the phone; whether they sincerely believe what they're saying, or making it up at the time, is an open question.
6r1nch likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:40 pm

That sounds like nonsense - my annual fee was charged in November and the meter hasn't reset from a January 2021 purchase.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
This is incredibly annoying. My meter still hasn't reset yet and today is already January 6th! ... BoA! How do we get this escalated? The T&Cs clearly say the meter reset every calendar year.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA, AS, Marriott
Yep, my meter hasnt reset either, with last purchases in last year spring, six months before card renewal. I think its a software bug
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Normally, I wouldn't be so impatient, but I'm hoping to use it against a ticket where, with my luck, the fare will have gone up a lot by the time they reset.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:01 pm

Same here for me. I booked bags on a regional airline (AHA! Air, formerly Expressjet) for a RNO-ONT flights, and want to know if this will credit, or if I'll need to call and complain, since the T&C say:

"Qualifying transactions are those purchases made on domestic-originated flights on certain U.S.-domestic airline carriers

Purchases made with the following U.S. domestic airline carriers will not qualify for the Airline Incidental Statement Credit: Allegiant Air, Spirit Airlines, and Sun Country Airlines."

my liberal read is that any US-based airline will credit, with the exception of Allegiant, Spirit and Sun Country, however the AHA! flight charged with the merchant name

EXPRESSJET AIRLINES LLC 404-8561800 GA

and MCC of

TRAVEL AGENCIES (4722),

and not one of the airline MCC (3000–3299) or the catch all (4511).

I guess I'll need to call them once this stuff clears up and have them manually credit it.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:04 pm

It's not. It literally says on the website that it resets Jan 1. Leave them a 0 on the survey.

They (refraining from a 'we' statement here) hired a lot of people who are working from home who have minimal credentials to handle calls. They should just call a manager and get straight info on it, escalate it, and have it refresh.

I had a similar issue when I was getting info about product changing to the prem elite. People told me 5x that it wasn't and wouldn't be possible, and the internal documents said it would be possible on Dec 13.

Dozens of thousands of people work at BOA, the culture is to get the right info and pass it on. If you can't show a client in writing, you know no better than they do.

See attached photo from the rewardsonline prem. rewards page.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:06 pm

Got an Annual Fee Notice and the doc still shows it's by calendar year:

"Airline Incidental Statement Credit. You are eligible for a statement credit of up to $100 each calendar year if you make qualifying airline incidental transactions."

It must be a system issue which BOA needs to have it fixed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.