Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Current welcome offer is 50,000 30,000 Crystal points with $5,000 $3,000 spending in the first 90 days. First annual fee not waived. (as of telephone call with bank employee 8/7/2019)

Past bonuses were:

***** #1502 - signup bonus 1/16/18 BUT ANNUAL FEE NOT WAIVED ******

100,000 points after spending $5,000 in first three months. Offer expires 30 December 2015. EXPIRED

A 70,000 points offer was offered back in March 2017 and expired March 31st, 2017. EXPIRED

The requirements for the application process varies from bank to bank based on various online data points collected from FlyerTalk, Doctor of Credit, etc.

Some banks require that you go into a branch and apply personally. Other banks want you to have another account open for 90 days before you can get this card. Some banks (if you already have a relationship with them) let you apply via mail. Sometimes you have to be a resident of the state they operate in, while some were able to get the card without living in those states. It is very much YMMV. You will need proof of income (W2, check stubs, etc). The only states City National Bank operates in are: NY, DE (only trust office, no go), DC, GA, TN, MN, NV & CA. The bank is looking for high net worth individuals, but that's not exactly consistent either.

The card has no foreign transactions fees and is fee-free the first year, then $400 annually.

Register your card for online access (cno.cnb.com). This changed on Sept 19 2019.
Register separately for the award page (www.cnbrewards.com).
Register for Visa Infinite info and access at https://myvisainfinite.com/cnb/en_us/home.html
Click "my info" to see details on points awarded.
Best* redemption found to date is $1,000 prepaid visa for 105K pts. It's now 125K pts for a $1,000 prepaid visa. Link to catalog
*(other than spending for flights etc. & getting 1.2 cents each in value)

To set-up spending alerts, create an account here : http://citynationalbank.digitalcardservice.com

Point redemptions for flights have been reported as being as high as 1.35cpp (see here) by calling the Concierge service at +1 800 595 8950 and having them book direct from airline website for you

Significant benefits:

$250 per calendar year airline incidental credit - works on AU card as well - STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 THE CREDIT WILL BE $350 PER ACCOUNT
$100 Global Entry fee credit - works on AU card as well Per DDResq post 842
Priority Pass lounge membership for up to 2 people. No fee for any number of guests, but lounge policy may limit the number of guests admitted.- STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 EACH ADDITIONAL GUEST BEYOND ACCOUNT HOLDER WILL BE CHARGED $32
12 GoGo inflight passes - create an account at myvisainfinite.com/cnb. Once the account is created, you enter, then search for GoGo passes. You then input your card number again, create a GoGo account if you don't have one, and the 12 passes post to it ready to be used when you fly again on a participating airline. - works on AU card as well
$100 off when you book a qualifying airline itinerary via visa discount air portal (https://www.visadiscountair.com/CNB/default.aspx - STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 THIS WILL NO LONGER BE OFFERED AS A BENEFIT
$30 off GroundLink car service (works with AU cards as well) plus instant 15% off rides. There are $25 current user referrals to go for first.

Airline fees are reimbursed up to $250 per calendar year. Fees must be from domestic carriers. There is no need to declare a carrier, and fees can be reimbursed from multiple carriers. Partial Ts and Cs:

Qualifying Airline Purchases are defined as incidental airline fee transactions made at eligible US Domestic Airline Carriers and include: ticket change/cancellation fees, checked baggage fees, inflight entertainment, onboard food and beverage charges, airport lounge membership fees and day passes, onboard wireless charges (excluding Gogo Wireless), and TSA Pre✓® membership application fee.

What works
AA: Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees ($150)
AA: e-Gift cards $250 including AUs (1x per card max 4)
AS: Award ticket fees, $16
AS: In flight food, entertainment.
AS: Premium Class Upgrade, $59

HA: Interisland Flight, $48.80
UA: award ticket fees, $51
WN: Award Fees/Taxes, Award Redeposit Fees (limit unknown, but it's between $75 and $80 per transaction), Early Bird boarding fees ($15)
DL: Baggage fees
B6: $53.30 airfare

What doesn't work
AS: Award ticket fees, $130ish
DL: GC; PGGM (reports of not working since April/2016)
DL: Just about anything. Don't use on Delta
UA: MPX, Award Fees (~$170)
UA: Gift card registry (up to $75) (No longer working as of 11/25/17)
UA: Seat Selection Fee
WN: GC
EY: Award Fees
TW: Change fee
UO: Seat fee
AA: Award Fees/Taxes on an itinerary originating outside the US.

To Be Confirmed
UA: Award Redeposit Fees ($200)

Global Entry reimbursements: (works on AU also)

user - mnsweeps ( https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29336509-post1549.html )

Used mine and a AU card to register for GE for in laws
01/17/201801/18/2018USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRAVELER$100.00
01/17/201801/18/2018USCUSTOMS TRUSTEDTRAVELER$100.00

Credit posted today for both cards.
01/20/201801/24/2018GLOBAL ENTRY STMT CREDIT $100.00
01/20/201801/24/2018GLOBAL ENTRY STMT CREDIT $100.00

In 2016, 2017 AND 2018 airline incidental credits for transactions on-or-after January 1st did not start posting until the third week of January. In 2019 they started posting on Jan 11th.

For further information, see this

STARTING JAN 1ST, 2020 there are going to be major changes to this card, these being:[/s]
  • $350 airline incidental credit per account (was $250 per AU)
    • $95 Annual Fee per AU
      • $32 per guest using PriorityPass (used to be free & unlimited)
        • Elimination of $100 Visa Air Discount Benefit
          • Groceries and Gas only earn 1x (used to be 3x)

Sources:

discussion starting here

https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnbc...ewards2020.pdf
https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnbc...rystal2020.pdf

Print Wikipost

City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2020, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by popomama
Anyone has DP for the AA GC card purchase ? If so, would you share when you bought AA GC, how much is it and when you got the credit?

Thanks a lot.
Scroll up my friend. There's a million DPs
Old May 11, 2020, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by mycoplasma
Scroll up my friend. There's a million DPs
I don't see any DP that is after March 15, 2020.
Old May 12, 2020, 6:24 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by popomama
I don't see any DP that is after March 15, 2020.
Be the DP you want to see. Test a $25 or $50 transaction.
Old May 12, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by jags86
Be the DP you want to see. Test a $25 or $50 transaction.
I had a $200 AA eGC credited on 4/30
Old May 12, 2020, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by cornrow
I had a $200 AA eGC credited on 4/30
Great. Would you provide the date when the purchase was made and when the purchase was posted? Thanks
Old May 18, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
So I'm just writing here to complain about how difficult it is to cancel this card. I sent a secure message. Response "you need to call." I call "we'll put in the request." A few days later I get a phone call from an LA number. I didn't answer. I get a voicemail "we need more information in order to process your cancellation. Please call me back at xyz number." I call back "this number does not have an active voicemail box." I call the main number again. "We'll let the person know you had trouble reaching them."

I'm about to file a CFPB complaint.
akr1970akr and RedSun like this.
Old May 18, 2020, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by jeph36
I gave up on trying to get an AA gift certificate purchased as it kept erroring on the website and the call-in seemed helpless. With Southwest making changes to allow travel funds to extend until Sep 2022, and the added possibility of converting them to points as well, I started buying small Southwest flights to trigger reimbursements. My $44.98 charge already cleared and was reimbursed, I am planning to keep it under $50 each charge. It will not let me get exactly $350, but close enough.
Awesome idea jeph36! I am more likely to use southwest travel credits in the next 2 years than I am to use an AA gift card anyway.
Old May 30, 2020, 9:31 am

Refund AF

Anyone have any DP or luck receiving the $400 AF after the annual fee posts?
Old May 31, 2020, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by flyzeus
Anyone have any DP or luck receiving the $400 AF after the annual fee posts?
If you read through the thread, virtually no one has been refunded the annual fee after it posts. Be sure to cancel well before it is supposed to post.
Old May 31, 2020, 1:08 pm

$48.98 one way fare booked 5/18 on southwest.com (and cancelled with southwest 3 days later). Posted 5/20. Travel fee rebate credited 5/26.
Booked another $48.98 fare and 5 $11.20 fees on point bookings on 5/27. Posted 5/29. Will edit/update when travel fee posts.

Edit - travel fee rebate for 1 $48.98 fare and 5 $11.20 point booking taxes/fees posted 6/3.
Boraxo, natieya and akr1970akr like this.

Last edited by D_Bo; Jun 4, 2020 at 6:43 pm
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Anyone have any datapoints as to what happens to a flexible air ticket bought through the travel portal after the card is cancelled. Does the travel agent charge fees to change the ticket?

Trying to liquidate the remaining points but seems like redeeming for travel is the only way to get maximum value.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by D_Bo
If you read through the thread, virtually no one has been refunded the annual fee after it posts. Be sure to cancel well before it is supposed to post.
(only had the card for 1 year)

When I was called to cancel the card on 5/30, the representative told me the Annual Fee of $400 has posted on 5/29.
He informed me that I would need to contact my relationship banker to have the Annual Fee waived.

I emailed my relationship banker stating Covid has taken a financial toll and thereafter I’m cancelling the card and unable to pay for the annual fee. I requested to waive the Annual Fee similar to other credit card companies allowing a 30 day cancellation policy or pro-rate the annual fee.

A couple days later my relationship manager made sure my card was cancelled and that I’m not responsible for the annual fee.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:21 pm

Just cancelled couple weeks ago myself. The annual fee wasn't supposed to post until September. Since I have no travel planned, I saw no use in keeping it active. I was just going to be running the risk of forgetting to cancel in time before AF posted. I called customer service and the agent took care of it. No need to contact relationship manager or other departments, etc. I logged back in to cnb.com a few days back and the card was gone.
Enjoyed it while it lasted.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:35 am

Should I assume cashing out points via CNB concierge is dead?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I got a call from the CNB concierge (after I had cancelled the card) asking if I wanted to book anything. They also sent me some beyond worthless discounts on stuff I'd never heard of before. It was literally the same lady who had been unable or refused to help me when Alaska canned all my flights so, and since was a TA booking, I could not get a cash refund and had to take travel vouchers. I was going to vent at her, but just decided to get off the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.