FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Cards with 0% APR Balance Transfers/Purchases, $0 Fees offers [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1663842-cards-0-apr-balance-transfers-purchases-0-fees-offers-consolidated.html)

lodit Mar 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 24571915)
What does this thread have to do with miles or travel? :confused:

Perhaps OP should be looking on creditboards or somewhere similar? @:-)

Let's say you just completed an AOR, with a pending big purchase that would help you hit all the spend requirements to reap all the signup bonuses.

Now, you don't want to pay it all off in one month, but rather spread the payments interest free over the next 12 months, 15 months or whatever.

Thus freeing up the cash you have available that you would have had to spend in a month to invest at a higher rate of return over those 12/15/whatever months.

At the end of the promotional APR period, you can pay it off with the proceeds from your investments or roll it into another 0% APR, $0 fee BT promotional offer to extend your payment period yet again.

Getting to do a $0 fee, 0% APR balance transfer for 12/15/whatever months allows you to do all this and accumulate all the sign-up bonuses for that big purchase.

Hopefully that explains the connection to miles, rewards, points and additionally arbitrage.

Cheers, and thanks to everyone for their advice!

mrmandel Mar 31, 2015 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by jan_believes (Post 24571904)
RE: NFCU. That kind of offer was available about two years ago.

The most recent offer was no fee BT but with 2.99% APR. It's gone now, too.

Hoping to see a revised offer sometime in the future when I log in.

The offer still appears regularly: 9/13, 4/14, and now it's back until 4/30/15.

cyno Mar 31, 2015 3:33 pm

Barclays sends me every other month bt checks for all three open accounts I have,
NFL , US Airways, Arrival, most likely the checks come with bt fee 2% and 0% APR for the next 12 months.

sometimes, I get checks with bt fee 1% too.
Chase is the other one, but their offer is always 2% bt fee.

FTaddict Mar 31, 2015 5:38 pm

You should look for a card that has a BT offer PLUS a high sign up bonus offer as well. The sign up bonus will make up for the BT fee.

jan_believes Mar 31, 2015 6:32 pm

My son (23) just got a Discover offer with a 0% APR and a 0% BT for a very short time. Weird thing is he has until Sept. to apply for the card.

The_Wrath_of_Khan Apr 18, 2015 7:17 am

Originally Posted by jan_believes (Post 24571904)
RE: NFCU. That kind of offer was available about two years ago.

The most recent offer was no fee BT but with 2.99% APR. It's gone now, too.

Hoping to see a revised offer sometime in the future when I log in.

If one seems to be in a short term bind and one cannot find a tolerable offer, one might want to minimum spend at 0% to achieve a short term goal. Make sure the utilization of the CL stays at a reasonable ratio, however.

The Navy FCU offer actually has been offered in March every year for the last probably 10 years publicly. This year it has been only offered on a targeted basis.

gakgx6 May 29, 2015 9:17 pm

0% credit card with low/no fee for transfer balance

A friend of mine is looking to transfer 12k credit debt from a high interest card to a 0% CC with low/no fee balance transfer. His credit score is around 620.

The best I found so far is the citi simplicity that offer 0% for 21 months and 3% transfer fee. Are there any better? Does he have a chance to get approved with 620 credit score?

bryand83 May 30, 2015 12:24 am

Chase Slate perhaps depending on the promotion?

suvayanr May 30, 2015 11:46 am

Chase would not approve on 620. What is causing your friend's score to be so low?

ETA: Chase would not approve a 12k+ line on 620 FICO

tev9999 Jun 1, 2015 6:49 am

It is going to be tough to get approved for any decent rate card at 620. Probably a good idea to try the card match tool at creditcards.com.
https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/?action=show_form

No guarantee, but it would be a good place to start that does not require a hard pull.

JamieDee78 Jun 1, 2015 6:24 pm

Score of 620? Are you kidding? No way they'll ever get approved.

philemer Jun 1, 2015 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by JamieDee78 (Post 24903913)
Score of 620? Are you kidding? No way they'll ever get approved.

You are correct. Their score needs to be above 700 IMHO.

TheChallenge Jun 2, 2015 2:42 am

For those of us with high credit scores, are there any 0% interest/BT fee CCs (or close to it) out there? Excluding Chase Slate as that one is fairly well known. I have roughly 15k-20k I'd like to roll over from a soon to be expiring 0% card that I could pay off, but would rather find another offer if available.

tev9999 Jun 2, 2015 8:43 am

Originally Posted by TheChallenge (Post 24905549)
For those of us with high credit scores, are there any 0% interest/BT fee CCs (or close to it) out there? Excluding Chase Slate as that one is fairly well known. I have roughly 15k-20k I'd like to roll over from a soon to be expiring 0% card that I could pay off, but would rather find another offer if available.

I have not seen any other than Slate at 0%. Chase regularly sends me BT checks with a 2% fee on my IHG, Disney and Slate - usually 15 months I think. Citi and Cap One want 3%, and US Bank is a horrible 4%.

Falimz Jun 2, 2015 12:55 pm

Possibly a local CU but they don't usually have 0% promo rates. Even if they did, I doubt someone with a 620 gets approved.