FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Cards with 0% APR Balance Transfers/Purchases, $0 Fees offers [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1663842-cards-0-apr-balance-transfers-purchases-0-fees-offers-consolidated.html)

lodit Mar 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Any credit cards with 0% APR Balance Transfers/Purchases, $0 Fees offers

Hi,

Looked around didn't quite see a thread that addressed this issue directly.

I'm looking for available credit card offers that provide the following:

0% APR for Balance Transfers/Purchases
$0 Balance Transfer Fees

12 months or greater.

I'm planning a large purchase ($25k), have done an AOR to accumulate the appropriate cards and CLs for the purchase to get the signup bonuses, and now would like a card to consolidate all the balances at 0% interest and $0 transfer fees, so I can pay it off over the next year or so.

I could just pay the whole thing off, but if they're giving me 12 months to play with $25k, why not right? (And I always bet on black...or red). :)

Already have the Slate which offered $0 fees and 0% APR for 15 months and DiscoverIt which offered $0 fees and 0% APR for 12 months.

Has anyone experience to close and reapply for a new account to get the same offer on these cards?

Thanks in advance for your help!

lodit Mar 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Hmmm, no responses.

Perhaps I phrased the question incorrectly?

sdsearch Mar 17, 2015 8:25 pm

Or perhaps it doesn't exist? Banks don't like to give things away completely. Every single balance transfer I've ever seen requires a "transaction fee" if it's 0% interest rate. The only ones I've seen without a "transaction fee" were not 0% interest rate.

But many people don't know if it doesn't exist for sure, they just don't know of one, so probably they're not posting just to tell you "i don't know of one".

But that's what I'm dong: I'm posting to say I've done lots of balance transfers over the years, I have never seen one which is 0% interest rate without a "transaction fee" to make up for it, and I presume they don't exist, but i can't be sure.

I think there are card offers occasionally with 0% interest on purchases for a limited time after card opening, and I don't think those have fees. But I've never used an offer like that (since it can't be used to consolidate existing loans), so I'm not very familiar with them.

zutmin Mar 18, 2015 7:39 am

https://creditcards.chase.com/slate-credit-card/

Electroman Mar 18, 2015 8:50 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 24523855)
Every single balance transfer I've ever seen requires a "transaction fee" if it's 0% interest rate. The only ones I've seen without a "transaction fee" were not 0% interest rate.

But many people don't know if it doesn't exist for sure, they just don't know of one, so probably they're not posting just to tell you "i don't know of one".

But that's what I'm dong: I'm posting to say I've done lots of balance transfers over the years, I have never seen one which is 0% interest rate without a "transaction fee" to make up for it, and I presume they don't exist, but i can't be sure.

One exists - Chase Slate. However, the OP says he already has one.

zutmin Mar 18, 2015 10:10 am

Oops. You already have the Slate

lodit Mar 22, 2015 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Electroman (Post 24526225)
One exists - Chase Slate. However, the OP says he already has one.

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 24523855)
Or perhaps it doesn't exist? Banks don't like to give things away completely. Every single balance transfer I've ever seen requires a "transaction fee" if it's 0% interest rate. The only ones I've seen without a "transaction fee" were not 0% interest rate...

Originally Posted by zutmin (Post 24526712)
Oops. You already have the Slate

Thanks for the responses.

Correct, I do already have the Slate.

Just curious if anyone had any experience churning it to refresh the offer (like other cards) for a new balance transfer from other cards?

Or perhaps Chase application code will recognize you already have a Chase Slate and deny another application?

Thanks again for your advice.

prasha11 Mar 23, 2015 8:54 am

Are there any cards that have upto 1% balance transfer fees?

skitch23 Mar 23, 2015 9:41 am

Any credit cards with 0% APR Balance Transfers/Purchases, $0 Fees offers

just get a new card that offers 0% intro apr and ms the balance from the old card to the new card. it might take a little effort on your part but its better than paying 3%.

samonyc Mar 23, 2015 12:10 pm

I took advantage of a 1% transfer fee promotion on my Barclaycard US Airways MasterCard this month, with 0% interest for about 18 months. They often have transfer offers of 2% or 3%, but this was the first time I had ever been offered 1%.

Doctor of Credit Mar 23, 2015 6:55 pm

NFCU often have these offers, but you need to be military to get them. Credit Unions in general a good source for this stuff, so just check all the ones in your local area.

jonnyd13 Mar 25, 2015 11:12 am

Try the Citi doublecash card. 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers (3% fee) for 15 months.

As mentioned, you'd have to MS the $25k, but with 2% back you'll come out ahead in $s, with real cost being your time and effort.

jan_believes Mar 26, 2015 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by samonyc (Post 24552690)
I took advantage of a 1% transfer fee promotion on my Barclaycard US Airways MasterCard this month, with 0% interest for about 18 months. They often have transfer offers of 2% or 3%, but this was the first time I had ever been offered 1%.

Could you add a bit more on your offer?

How did you find out about it? Email, snail mail, mentioned when you happened to call in, etc?

Was this offer on an established card or the initial offer on a new card you obtained recently?

Thanks for sharing.

Come to think of it, I would rather a bonus 0% purchase APR while they are offering 1.5Xs US/AA miles. But, I would still like the info on the BT. Thanks.

jan_believes Mar 26, 2015 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit (Post 24554508)
NFCU often have these offers, but you need to be military to get them. Credit Unions in general a good source for this stuff, so just check all the ones in your local area.

RE: NFCU. That kind of offer was available about two years ago.

The most recent offer was no fee BT but with 2.99% APR. It's gone now, too.

Hoping to see a revised offer sometime in the future when I log in.

If one seems to be in a short term bind and one cannot find a tolerable offer, one might want to minimum spend at 0% to achieve a short term goal. Make sure the utilization of the CL stays at a reasonable ratio, however.

biggestbopper Mar 26, 2015 10:40 pm

What does this thread have to do with miles or travel? :confused:

Perhaps OP should be looking on creditboards or somewhere similar? @:-)