Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Update Nov. 27, 2019-- The US program is being discontinued and existing cardholders will earn "First Class Miles" as of Feb 1, 2020. Canadian residents can still apply for the Aeroplan miles earning card.

TD is known to have delays in posting miles to Aeroplan accounts. You might even see your AC# in the online pdf statements, but often this number is not in something called a "Rewards Summary" section. For thoe who apply for this card, you could call even before the first statement generates and pretend that you are not sure if you provided your AC# when filling your application. Ask them to check the "Rewards Summary" section and see if there is an AC#.

Be prepared for long hold times.
Print Wikipost

TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 10:33 am

The TD US Aeroplan card does not report to Canadian credit bureaus and therefore has no effect on Canadian credit scores. TD US can pull Canadian Transunion for approval, but that's as far as it goes. Paying off the credit card requires a US checking account

The only surefire credit history transfer programs are amex global transfer and HSBC premier global transfer
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by jacobsta811
Approved for my second one after closing earlier one for >3 months. Only knew I was approved when my PIN showed up yesterday, then card itself today. Card contained pre-printed flyer stating standard bonus terms, ie, no annual fee for first year, and 25,000 miles after $1000 spend. Will report back when I get the bonus, but I'd tentatively say you probably can churn if you close and wait long enough.
The terms and conditions say only one bonus of 25K miles...so please report back when you receive miles.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
The terms and conditions say only one bonus of 25K miles...so please report back when you receive miles.
Bleh, this may be my first error in the points game - I also reapplied. No points yet.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:42 am

I cleared the 1k on a statement ending a few days ago. TD Bank itself says I earned the 25k bonus, and I earned ~26k miles for my aeroplan account. I checked and my miles from the first statement did not post to my Aeroplan account yet (only one low $ purchase, statement cut very soon after I received the card). I checked and they have the correct Aeroplan number. I think the posting of miles was very slow the first time, but not 100% sure. But issues posting the miles are probably ultimately fixable.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I cleared the 1k on a statement ending a few days ago. TD Bank itself says I earned the 25k bonus, and I earned ~26k miles for my aeroplan account. I checked and my miles from the first statement did not post to my Aeroplan account yet (only one low $ purchase, statement cut very soon after I received the card). I checked and they have the correct Aeroplan number. I think the posting of miles was very slow the first time, but not 100% sure. But issues posting the miles are probably ultimately fixable.
Very interesting. Keep us updated when you can see them in your Aeroplan account.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:17 pm

1) As far as I can tell in reading this thread, no-one has churned this card successfully. T/F?

2) Anyone ever get a retention offer at renewal?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Approved for my second one after closing earlier one for >3 months. Only knew I was approved when my PIN showed up yesterday, then card itself today. Card contained pre-printed flyer stating standard bonus terms, ie, no annual fee for first year, and 25,000 miles after $1000 spend. Will report back when I get the bonus, but I'd tentatively say you probably can churn if you close and wait long enough.
Did you get the bonus yet?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:11 pm

1-888-561-8861 you can check the reason why it's been declined, just been denied for to many inquiries in last 12 mon
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Soulag
Did you get the bonus yet?
It did *not* post to my aeroplan account automatically at all. I called in a week ago and the CSR had to forward the issue to corporate, so I don't have the miles yet.
I am all but 100% certain that a new aeroplan account every time would work, since TD bank posted the bonus internally, just no miles from the card are getting to my existing account.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:58 pm

It did *not* post to my aeroplan account automatically at all. I called in a week ago and the CSR had to forward the issue to corporate, so I don't have the miles yet.
I am all but 100% certain that a new aeroplan account every time would work, since TD bank posted the bonus internally, just no miles from the card are getting to my existing account.
Thanks for the update, please keep us posted!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:52 am

For me, I opened the card in January 2015 (about when it was announced) and closed it a year later when the annual fee came due. I reapplied in June 2016, and made the minimum spend within a few days. No miles. I thought it was the T&C. Then I realized that might affect the bonus - but the basic spend 1k miles should have posted. It is hard to find in the online TD interface, but the July print statement shows 26+k miles earned - bonus plus spend.

So I phoned TD, who transferred me to Aeroplan. I'm not sure whose side the issue is on. After a 30 minute hold, I didn't reach anyone. I'll try again another day.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:27 am

My bonus and spend miles have both posted to my aeroplan account now with the intervention of TD bank corporate (took 2 weeks after I called). I see we have a second report here of issues posting the miles. I suspect that could be an issue for everyone, likely there is some kind of link between the CC and aeroplan that gets setup when you open the card, and the prior card is probably blocking it from working automatically. So I'd guess you have to either signup for a new aeroplan account each time, or have to call in and get it fixed each time.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:58 pm

My bonus and spend miles have both posted to my aeroplan account now with the intervention of TD bank corporate (took 2 weeks after I called). I see we have a second report here of issues posting the miles. I suspect that could be an issue for everyone, likely there is some kind of link between the CC and aeroplan that gets setup when you open the card, and the prior card is probably blocking it from working automatically. So I'd guess you have to either signup for a new aeroplan account each time, or have to call in and get it fixed each time.
Thanks for the update. Has anyone had experience combining multiple Aeroplan accounts? That seems like it would be an easier path to getting another bonus.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 3:49 pm

Is it the number on the back of the card you called? The reps I have spoken with have confirmed that I have points waiting to transfer - but all seem to think it is Aeroplan that has to do the magic. It's a big pain as Aeroplan has huge hold times, and I'm not that patient.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:09 am

1K Aeroplan Miles

If you're not yet a member of the Fairmont President’s Club, and are interested in getting 1K Aeroplan miles for free, check OMAAT. There is a 1K mile sign up bonus now thru Nov 15th. Especially nice since Aeroplan miles expire after one year of non-activity, so this can extend your current miles for another year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.