Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Update Nov. 27, 2019-- The US program is being discontinued and existing cardholders will earn "First Class Miles" as of Feb 1, 2020. Canadian residents can still apply for the Aeroplan miles earning card.

TD is known to have delays in posting miles to Aeroplan accounts. You might even see your AC# in the online pdf statements, but often this number is not in something called a "Rewards Summary" section. For thoe who apply for this card, you could call even before the first statement generates and pretend that you are not sure if you provided your AC# when filling your application. Ask them to check the "Rewards Summary" section and see if there is an AC#.

Be prepared for long hold times.
Print Wikipost

TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by notalk28
For the US Visa, TD always create a new Aeroplan number no matter what you do.
Is this legal

The reason I ask is that over in UA forum a poster states that it's against ToS to have two MP accounts. Is that not the case here? But if you have experience doing this, I suppose maybe it's OK.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: AC 75K, Marrott Platinum, BW Diamond, AP Diamond
Originally Posted by RHGA
Just to provide a different data point: created an Aeroplan account in April, opened the card in May (entered the account number during app), met the spend requirement and got the bonus in June after my statement closed. The bonus points arrived in my Aeroplan account without any problems. Everything was easy, and worked as it should.
Well that is good that they fixed this issue, everytime I applied online, they had the space for the current aeroplan number, but there was no way to enter your number (must of been an error on the form). The last time I applied in March, it actually allowed me to enter my number, but they still created a new aeroplan. Oh well, maybe the issue is fixed.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:44 pm

A warning about the renewal AF

Just got a letter from TD about my upcoming 2nd year AF. It stated that if I didn't cancel the card before the AF posted I would owe the fee even if I then canceled the card. Never heard of anything like this before. Usually you have at least until the due date after the AF posts to cancel. Citi gives you 37 days after the bill posts to cancel, or even get the fee refunded if you've paid it.

Thought I must be misreading this, so I called TD. The CSR said I was reading it right. If I cancelled the card even one day after the AF posts to a statement I supposedly owe the entire fee !

The letter was dated July 5, but I got it in the mail on July 14, so just 3 weeks notice of this bizarre policy. I could easily have been in Europe for those 3 weeks and not have gotten the heads up, and they would then be claiming I have to pay them $95 for a card I had no intention of keeping.

So I called today to cancel. The only good thing I have to say about TD is that the CSR that cancelled it was very nice. No long spiel about the benefits, no offer of 1K bonus points if I keep it open, not even we hate to see you go. She was just very cheerful and happy to cancel for me.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I want to apply for this card but my residential address is in Nevada. I read in this thread at least one person (in Michigan) who applied even if his/her address is not in the footprint of TD US (eastern seaboard). Is that true?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by matthieugd
I want to apply for this card but my residential address is in Nevada. I read in this thread at least one person (in Michigan) who applied even if his/her address is not in the footprint of TD US (eastern seaboard). Is that true?
Not sure if I understand your question. But it seems you may think this card is only available to East Coast residents? If that is your question, don't worry. I got this card a year ago, and I live on the West Coast. I doubt Nevada will be a problem.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:04 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Just went to open online and got the error:

Online Account Opening is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any questions, please call Customer eCare.
Hopefully resolved soon, I'd like to bank some Aeroplan miles ASAP.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Not sure if I understand your question. But it seems you may think this card is only available to East Coast residents? If that is your question, don't worry. I got this card a year ago, and I live on the West Coast. I doubt Nevada will be a problem.
Thanks, that was my concern
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by C W
Just went to open online and got the error:

Hopefully resolved soon, I'd like to bank some Aeroplan miles ASAP.
I also got this a few minutes ago. Hopefully due to the time we logged on.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:55 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I also got this a few minutes ago. Hopefully due to the time we logged on.
Seems to be. I was able to do everything just fine within business hours.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by C W
Seems to be. I was able to do everything just fine within business hours.
Any DPs on how long to wait after cancelling this card before applying for a second one?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Any DPs on how long to wait after cancelling this card before applying for a second one?
Read the comment section of this blog piece.

http://rapidtravelchai.boardingarea....d-annual-fees/
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:17 am

Anybody else have issues with the bonus and miles not being transferred to Aeroplan after statement closes? It's been two months already, I've called and still nothing.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:02 pm

Retention offers?

Has anyone been able to get the annual fee waived or received bonus miles upon renewal after the Aeroplan-AC divorce announcement? My card will be up for renewal March 1. I called TD and told them that I don't see any point in paying the annual fee any more but they didn't offer anything to keep me as a customer. They also told me it's impossible to switch from the Aeroplan card to CashBack or any other card they offer. I will be applying for a mortgage soon, so I'm trying to avoid hard pulls on my credit report.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Anybody else have issues with the bonus and miles not being transferred to Aeroplan after statement closes? It's been two months already, I've called and still nothing.

I am, met my spend the second statement. Points from first and second statement are noted in credit card online account, but haven't been transferred to date. I called 2 weeks ago, Td Bank first sent me to Aeroplan who told me that there was no credit card linked to my account that he could see. Called TD Bank back, the CSR seemed very confused but talked to a supervisor for advice and then said it would be taken care of in 3-5 biz days. I did have to prod her to take my Aeroplan number so wasn't holding my breath. Will call again this week to try again. Maybe it will happen when the 3rd statement closes if I can get them to link the accounts correctly. This is my second TD Bank Aeroplan card, the first one didn't have any problems that I can remember.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I have a feeling wife & myself might be in the same boat. 3 days since the statement cut.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.