Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Update Nov. 27, 2019-- The US program is being discontinued and existing cardholders will earn "First Class Miles" as of Feb 1, 2020. Canadian residents can still apply for the Aeroplan miles earning card.

TD is known to have delays in posting miles to Aeroplan accounts. You might even see your AC# in the online pdf statements, but often this number is not in something called a "Rewards Summary" section. For thoe who apply for this card, you could call even before the first statement generates and pretend that you are not sure if you provided your AC# when filling your application. Ask them to check the "Rewards Summary" section and see if there is an AC#.

Be prepared for long hold times.
Print Wikipost

TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by FindAWay
The Preferred Customer Number is essentially analogous to an invitation ID - I received a mailer with this offer. However, the mailer I received has an offer identical to the one linked in this thread. But, since it provides a different link, I'll post it: tdbank.com/aeroplan_dm
So would anyone be able to share the invite ID? PM will do. Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
What is everyone's experience with the application process?

I applied today after getting the mailer. Got the pending message.
A couple of hours later, got a call from someone from the bank to verify my information and items from my credit report. After 10 minutes, I stilll was told the app was pending and I would know in 7-10 days.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:05 am

Even if I had ANY desire to get on an Air Canada flight again (I don't, they're actually the only airline on my absolutely never again list. Though Wizz Air is close...); this card doesn't seem like a good deal... at all. Mediocre sign up bonus, FTF.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by AllieKat
Even if I had ANY desire to get on an Air Canada flight again (I don't, they're actually the only airline on my absolutely never again list. Though Wizz Air is close...); this card doesn't seem like a good deal... at all. Mediocre sign up bonus, FTF.
You needn't step foot on an Air Canada flight to get value out of the sign up bonus for this card.

You might want to take another look at the Aeroplan redemption chart for travel on partners. The value in the miles is often for traveling on longhaul *A partners at redemption rates below others (like UA).

1st year AF is waived. For serious churners who have gone through other cards, this presents a way to get 25k.

Last edited by FindAWay; Jan 28, 2015 at 5:36 am
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by AmexCent
The Preferred Customer Number is essentially analogous to an invitation ID - I received a mailer with this offer. However, the mailer I received has an offer identical to the one linked in this thread. But, since it provides a different link, I'll post it: tdbank.com/aeroplan_dm
So would anyone be able to share the invite ID? PM will do. Thanks!
It is not a required field of the application, right?

And, no one has reported receiving a mailer with different offer than the 25k offer already linked in this thread. So, why would you need a Preferred Customer Number?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
It is not a required field of the application, right?

And, no one has reported receiving a mailer with different offer than the 25k offer already linked in this thread. So, why would you need a Preferred Customer Number?
Oh! I thought that is mandatory. It's all good if it is not required! Thanks so much!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by SJLandsverk
What is everyone's experience with the application process?

I applied today after getting the mailer. Got the pending message.
A couple of hours later, got a call from someone from the bank to verify my information and items from my credit report. After 10 minutes, I stilll was told the app was pending and I would know in 7-10 days.

Thoughts?
Other than getting an error message instead of pending, mine was the same experience when I was able to call in - Verified Credit Report information, then the app got pushed to somebody else I guess to look at, the rep on the phone couldn't/didn't approve or deny it.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Less than exciting sign up bonus, but useful if churnable. Time will tell.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:09 pm

Approved as Canadian resident using cross border application. Had to fax it in, and took a few weeks to get it approved. Waiting on delivery. No SSN
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
Approved as Canadian resident using cross border application. Had to fax it in, and took a few weeks to get it approved. Waiting on delivery. No SSN
Sweet.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:46 am

Would like to add I am existing TD Canada Borderless and have an existing TD Bank US Premier Checking account from before which may or may not have helped things.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Applied. No instant decision.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:43 pm

I called the bank number (888-561-8861) and if you are approved or denied it will tell you that through the automated system without having to speak to a rep.
In my case I was approved now after waiting a week, although they didn't notify me. I assume I will just get the card in the mail here in a little while. Doesn't say the credit line or anything, but I did this as the 5th card in an app-o-rama, 4th experian pull, so they don't seem to be all that inquiry sensitive. Credit score on Experian likely above or around 800 - BOA alaska, the 4th card in the app-o-rama reported a FICO of 805.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: AC 75K, Marrott Platinum, BW Diamond, AP Diamond
I applied for this card. I am in Canada, but hold a US TD savings account and US TD Visa in a NH branch. I believe i just went on to the aeroplan site and applied with the link they had there. No issues and I don't have a US SSN #. I think there was something on the link to signify I was using a Canadian SIN # and they would be be checking that one for my credit.
I got the card on friday. Paying the 3% FTF isn't gong to be fun, but for $30 and 25K points, I don't think it is a bad deal. Plus I will have a card for when I am in the states and still earn points.
Does anybody know if the 25K counts towards distinction?

This seems to be the only card I am able to get that earns points in the US since I don't have a SSN. Anybody else have luck getting American Express or Capital ONE without a SSN#.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
I received this offer in e-mail a few weeks ago. Though the bonus doesn't excite me, 25K miles to redeem on UA metal for 1st spend and no annual fee is not bad.

Is it possible to do MS using this card and the TD Visa Buxx? If yes then that would also be an interesting benefit as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.