Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)

Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Update Nov. 27, 2019-- The US program is being discontinued and existing cardholders will earn "First Class Miles" as of Feb 1, 2020. Canadian residents can still apply for the Aeroplan miles earning card.

TD is known to have delays in posting miles to Aeroplan accounts. You might even see your AC# in the online pdf statements, but often this number is not in something called a "Rewards Summary" section. For thoe who apply for this card, you could call even before the first statement generates and pretend that you are not sure if you provided your AC# when filling your application. Ask them to check the "Rewards Summary" section and see if there is an AC#.

Be prepared for long hold times.
Print Wikipost

TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Card (USA version)

Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry
Is it the number on the back of the card you called? The reps I have spoken with have confirmed that I have points waiting to transfer - but all seem to think it is Aeroplan that has to do the magic. It's a big pain as Aeroplan has huge hold times, and I'm not that patient.
The number on the back of the card, yes. I made it clear to the rep that my miles were posting to TD Bank but simply not ending up in my Aeroplan account, and she had me like triple check the number and talked to her manager before she escalated it to somewhere it eventually got fixed.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:33 am

Tested churning this card, but not successful.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Tested churning this card, but not successful.
A little lacking in detail perhaps. Not successful due to what? Did they deny you based on you've already had this card in the past, like AMEX? Or because you still had one open? Too many recent HPs?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
A little lacking in detail perhaps. Not successful due to what? Did they deny you based on you've already had this card in the past, like AMEX? Or because you still had one open? Too many recent HPs?
Had a card for approx a year.... then cancel.... and tried churning about half year later..... met the minimum spend requirements and even assigned a new Aeroplan # (by TD US), but the 25000 miles never posted 3 months after qualify.

Also to note, TD US online banking keeps a list of all past credit card details with your profile. i assume they keep track of sign up bonus miles given out
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:30 am

Had a card for approx a year.... then cancel.... and tried churning about half year later..... met the minimum spend requirements and even assigned a new Aeroplan # (by TD US), but the 25000 miles never posted 3 months after qualify.

Also to note, TD US online banking keeps a list of all past credit card details with your profile. i assume they keep track of sign up bonus miles given out
Thanks for the reply ^ but obviously not what I'd hoped to hear

Since I don't have any flights with Aeroplan, and don't expect to have any, right now I only have the sign up bonus points. The only cost effective way I can see to add to that would be a SPG transfer. So I'd really hoped to churn this card.

Did you call TD and try to get the points posted, or just gave up when they didn't post? BC AFAIK, there is nothing in the T/C that says you wouldn't qualify, and you did do the min spnd.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 12:16 pm

AmEx membership rewards should transfer to Aeroplan too, wouldn't that be much easier?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:39 am

Just checking if you tried what was done in post #91.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:18 pm

So if I applied for this card today and wanted to get the 25k pts into my Aeroplan account as fast as possible...

I'd have to wait for the card to arrive, hit the spend and then wait for the monthly statement to post and then I should get the pts?

Seems like a couple people had trouble getting the pts to post but that was bc it was their second time around?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
Maybe if one waits longer?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: AC 75K, Marrott Platinum, BW Diamond, AP Diamond
I have churned this card twice and I have received the points both times but not without a little work. It seems like they always open up a new AP account so getting it linked to your AP account is tricky, Nobody from the TD call center has a clue about this card and always try to get me to call Aeroplan to sort out the point issues. Regardless, if you see a new number on your statement, you can always call AP to get them to link the accounts after the fact.

Also remember, you will only get your points once you reached your minimum spend. And it is not within 90 days, it is within 3 statements which can occur after just two months. When I received my CC I got my first statement pretty much in the same week. So know your down to about two months to spend $1000 USD

My wife is currently talking with TD because she technically didn't meet her spend in the first three statements because of this. But after talking with them the second time they did state she actually made the thousand dollar spend in time, but they didn't post till a few days later. The girl on the phone said she will try and get them for us but I am tired of calling up, so who knows were this will end up. We may get them but we might not as well.

But I can say, I have applied twice and received my points both times. I try and get a card just before we head to the states for a few weeks so I am using it in the USA. You will pay commission fees otherwise. Also, be aware, you will only receive the points on your statement and only when they get generated - common knowledge, but many people think they can post any given day. So if you don't spend on your card in a month and a statement doesn't get generated, you may not receive any bonus points that month if you were due any. You statement will always show was points you have received from them each month, if they don't show up there, you won't see them in your aeroplan account.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by notalk28
I have churned this card twice and I have received the points both times but not without a little work.
^ Thank You so much, that's what I needed to know.

Last edited by mia; Jul 4, 2017 at 9:33 pm Reason: Prune quotation
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:56 am

TD minimum Spend

I have churned this card three times successfully, and most recently back in May 2017 was my third time. You have to be careful on the minimum spend on this, it is three statement notices, and not necessarily 90 days. When my wife got her second TD Visa last fall, we got her first statement right about the same time she received the card (so we just lost 30 days right from the start) and by the time she hit the $1000 spend it was the day they closed her third cycle and therefore they said she didn't get her spend in time. She actually did, but it took a few days for it to post. We tried unsuccessfully to get it and the rep tried for a few months but we eventually gave up. Lesson here is to get the $1000 spend in ASAP.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by wholeinone04
So if I applied for this card today and wanted to get the 25k pts into my Aeroplan account as fast as possible...

I'd have to wait for the card to arrive, hit the spend and then wait for the monthly statement to post and then I should get the pts?

Seems like a couple people had trouble getting the pts to post but that was bc it was their second time around?

For the US Visa, TD always create a new aeroplan number no matter what you do. Because of this, the points will go to a new account. The easiest way around this is once your points starting hitting your new account, just call up Aeroplan and ask them to link the accounts. they will do this and the points will transfer to your original Aeroplan within a couple of days or less. They will also contact TD to get them to upudate your Aeroplan number as well.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:00 am

Has anybody ever applied for the US TD Aeroplan CC - Canadian $$ version? When I applied, I thought there was a choice of what denomination you wanted? I was wondering if the CAD one would be better if you were in Canada?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by notalk28
For the US Visa, TD always create a new aeroplan number no matter what you do. Because of this, the points will go to a new account. The easiest way around this is once your points starting hitting your new account, just call up Aeroplan and ask them to link the accounts. they will do this and the points will transfer to your original Aeroplan within a couple of days or less. They will also contact TD to get them to upudate your Aeroplan number as well.
Just to provide a different data point: created an Aeroplan account in April, opened the card in May (entered the account number during app), met the spend requirement and got the bonus in June after my statement closed. The bonus points arrived in my Aeroplan account without any problems. Everything was easy, and worked as it should.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.