Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:09 pm

I have been warned by Wells Fargo 3x now about overpayments. I have not made additional overpayments (paying the balance into the negative) since my first warning. I have 60 days left on the intro 5%. I need spoonfeeding as to what I should do from here. Spoon feed me! *mouth wide opened.*
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Silverthunder
I have been warned by Wells Fargo 3x now about overpayments. I have not made additional overpayments (paying the balance into the negative) since my first warning. I have 60 days left on the intro 5%. I need spoonfeeding as to what I should do from here. Spoon feed me! *mouth wide opened.*
pray, turn around 3 times, then clap 4 times while standing on one leg, and if none of that works....put your head between your knees and pucker up
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Stop making overpayments? This can't be that hard. Just be a little careful around the weekends. Leave a running $1k or something balance.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Stop making overpayments? This can't be that hard. Just be a little careful around the weekends. Leave a running $1k or something balance.
I am not paying the account down into the negative. I have been careful about that for a while now. I think they are talking about paying off so that you can charge more than your credit limit each month.

I think that I mostly just have to pray.

One thing to note (may have been obvious to some) is that part of Wells Fargo threatening to close account is an empty threat. Since we are just 60 days away from the end of the promotion, Wells Fargo isn't terribly far away from having paid "the cost" to acquire a new customer. Logically, they do want to get to that point. I think that they would have some tolerance for letting me charge more than the credit limit each month. You see, they want to get to the profitable "side" of having a new customer when they are paying out only 1% in rewards and making money.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
But of course, 99.99% of us MS'rs will abandon/sock-drawer this card as soon as the 6-month promotion is over lol.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
But of course, 99.99% of us MS'rs will abandon/sock-drawer this card as soon as the 6-month promotion is over lol.
I read a comment on milesprofessor that this phone gives you free phone insurance for stolen or damaged phone as long as you pay your monthly bill with the credit card. Probably doesn't make sense for a lot of people if you can get 5x with Ink, but i have an iphone 5s with virgin mobile. I paid like $550 for the phone but my plan is only $32.30 a month. I'm not gaining that much by paying with my Ink vs having phone insurance up to $600 2x per year with only $25 deductible and it costs me nothing.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
I read a comment on milesprofessor that this phone gives you free phone insurance for stolen or damaged phone as long as you pay your monthly bill with the credit card. Probably doesn't make sense for a lot of people if you can get 5x with Ink, but i have an iphone 5s with virgin mobile. I paid like $550 for the phone but my plan is only $32.30 a month. I'm not gaining that much by paying with my Ink vs having phone insurance up to $600 2x per year with only $25 deductible and it costs me nothing.
Yea that's not a bad deal. Have you actually verified this information for yourself though?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Yea that's not a bad deal. Have you actually verified this information for yourself though?
https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-ca...ne-protection/.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: Hilton honors. Club Carlson UA AA
Has anyone had their on line account "temporarily suspended" ? No phone call yet. I was able to use my card twice today after not being able to login
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
^ Good find.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
I am not paying the account down into the negative. I have been careful about that for a while now. I think they are talking about paying off so that you can charge more than your credit limit each month.
Fair enough. I posted this up thread somewhere, but I got a call after going over my limit where they specifically told me to stop spending more than my limit, even when paying down. On the advice of people here I ignored WF and kept going. My 6 months just ended a couple of days ago, so I just need one more statement to post.

Originally Posted by Rob14
Has anyone had their on line account "temporarily suspended" ? No phone call yet. I was able to use my card twice today after not being able to login
Yes, but due to a fraud item. I could not use my card during this. I had to call in, no issue.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hilton honors. Club Carlson UA AA
Thanks for the heads up. I used the card today at lunch to see if it was still good and it still works. Hopefully I'm unlocked soon.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:15 pm

So if one gets this card first and then apples for the world propel card, will the 5x still apply as well as the propel bonus?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:38 pm

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:05 am Reason: -----
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by hitman1420
So if one gets this card first and then apples for the world propel card, will the 5x still apply as well as the propel bonus?
of course, 2 different cards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.