Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by mster
Paid off my WF 5x card balance in full & all payments posted more than a week ago, but my available credit isn’t being restored. So for the last week + I have had a $0 balance on an 8k line, but only 1k of credit is showing as available.

Any ideas what’s going on here ?
Most likely because you have a Platinum card rather than the Signature card and did not pay by transferring from WF checking. Well known limitation of the Platinum card. Wait 1-2 weeks and your line will be released.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:33 pm

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:06 am Reason: -----
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:50 pm

Yep, looks like I’ve got the Platinum card. I somehow completely missed that there were multiple versions (assuming that even if there were multiple tiers an 8k limit would entitle me to the top tier card). Any other differences of note between the Platinum / Signature to keep in mind?
No, the only different of note is the payment holds on the platinum version (which is significant, of course).
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:18 pm

-----

Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:19 pm

Any hope of requesting a product change? I've only MS'd through 1x my CL for the last two billing periods...
Not really, they give you the signature if they approve you for it, otherwise you get the platinum. Even if you request a CLI on a platinum card you'll still have the platinum.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:32 pm

Ugh just got restricted and had to call, warned about overpayments. I asked specificlally which transactions/payments were the culprits but the rep didn't know. I did overpay by $200 about 6 weeks ago by mistake, but nothing since. This is the first month I churned more than my CL though, $18k vs $10k.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:00 pm

Quick question. I opened this card a week ago and after my first transaction posted I went to make sure it was giving me the 5% as described in the wiki. The 5% was not showing up - only 1%. I called up Wells Fargo and the lady told me I was set up for 5% but she needed to transfer me to the rewards department for details of how to use them. No big deal (I thought) - just gives me a chance to double check. The person I spoke with over there said I was not signed up for any bonus and he'd have to open a case (which he did).

1) What have others experience been like? Was it instant or does it take time for the bonus to show up?
2) Does anyone have experience with getting the bonus retroactively applied? Just wondering what to expect - first Wells Fargo Card.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 5:21 am

how to cycle the money?

I see some people are talking about using this WF card heavily, like 2-6 times of credit limit. I really wonder how they could manage the money if they buy moneypak to reload cards.
The billpay to WF card from greendot debit card, rush card, account now and HRblock, will not let the credit released immediately. In my case, it is 12 days to have the available credit released from the payment. then how can people spent 2-6 times of CL?

are they better ways to use and cash out then using moneypaks?
or, can I transfer money from the moneypak reloadable cards to my bank accounts? I only see HR block has this option.

Thank you for your sharing in advance.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by ziwei
I see some people are talking about using this WF card heavily, like 2-6 times of credit limit. I really wonder how they could manage the money if they buy moneypak to reload cards.
The billpay to WF card from greendot debit card, rush card, account now and HRblock, will not let the credit released immediately. In my case, it is 12 days to have the available credit released from the payment. then how can people spent 2-6 times of CL?

or, can I transfer money from the moneypak reloadable cards to my bank accounts? I only see HR block has this option.

I doubt too many people are going heavy in the moneypak direction. HR block can be transferred as you said. When I used to use account now and rushcard (I got banned), I would cash out ATM... I thought one was free there. I think account now you could send checks to yourself. Some people might get MOs with them.

I think anybody playing this game seriously has enough money invested that they wouldn't make payments from something that slow. For me, payments are always transfers from my WF checking account. My money transfer system is extremely convoluted (I think I am using 14 different bank accounts, so I win the Rube Goldberg award!) and has some slow steps, but the most important step is the last one, and that happens immediately. Unless you are broke, make your life easy and throw some more money at the problem.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by ziwei

Maybe people spend sometime read this thread?@:-)
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:30 am

Are there any data points pointing on why some get a signature card or a platinum card? I am guessing that it is solely on credit, but maybe some application links have a better chance than others of getting a Plat. instead of a signature? Do you think having more cash at WF help?

Thanks

Last edited by Buckaroo123; Jun 8, 2014 at 10:32 am Reason: clarification.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Buckaroo123
Are there any data points pointing on why some get a signature card or a platinum card? I am guessing that it is solely on credit, but maybe some application links have a better chance than others of getting a Plat. instead of a signature? Do you think having more cash at WF help?

Thanks
It is solely based on credit profile...a different app would not affect that decision at all, as it is the same computer algorithm that decides what you will be approved for no matter what link you use.
Highly unlikely.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by skibum7732
It is solely based on credit profile...a different app would not affect that decision at all, as it is the same computer algorithm that decides what you will be approved for no matter what link you use.
Highly unlikely.
Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:36 pm

-----

Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Still no report on getting this card for the 2nd time / churn? My 5x promo expiration is coming up in about a month...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.