Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Silverthunder
any ideas on how to survive a call re: 3rd time account lock down for overpayments?
Can't believe you even made it to a 3rd call honestly. You must not be spending that much
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:18 am

any ideas on how to survive a call re: 3rd time account lock down for overpayments?
Are you actually overpaying? 3x?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by toxicity
Are you actually overpaying? 3x?
Yea that's my question. I learned my lesson the first time! However, others have reported being told they overpaid just for going over their CL more than once.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:27 am

Apply for the card even though I had a prior Wells Fargo CC?

I currently have this card for my wife. We are hitting it very hard. But I had a Wells Fargo CC that I closed in 2009. I regularly get the pre-screened offers for the 5X card, but I generally ignore them since I figure I am no eligible. But today I decided to read the terms very carefully. The offer that I see on my online account and the actual letter states:

"This offer is available only to applicants who do not already have a Wells Fargo Credit Card (Holders of a Wells Fargo Financial National Bank credit card offered through a retail merchant)"

as opposed to the public offer that read

"Eligibility for Introductory Rate(s), Fees, and Bonus Rewards Offers: If you currently have an open credit card account or a closed credit card account with a balance issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., you may not be eligible for the above introductory APR(s) and fees or the bonus rewards offers described below."

I am conflicted. Has anyone noticed this? Has anyone else been able to get a second Wells Fargo card with 5X via a pre-screened offer?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:34 pm

Which card is better - 5% or 5X? Does it matter? I'm getting ready to apply.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by CrediPig
Which card is better - 5% or 5X? Does it matter? I'm getting ready to apply.
5%. You get extra bonus after you pass certain level.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yoyo
5%. You get extra bonus after you pass certain level.
I didn't realize that this was a 5% only thing. Also, I think only a few people on here have reported getting the bonus so is it a definite thing?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
I didn't realize that this was a 5% only thing. Also, I think only a few people on here have reported getting the bonus so is it a definite thing?
try it and find out. Nothing to lose. I did not sign for the extra bonus but it did show up. of course YMMV.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo
try it and find out. Nothing to lose. I did not sign for the extra bonus but it did show up. of course YMMV.
I already have the 5x card.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
Which card do you have?
I have the Wells Fargo VISA Signature Card - 30k Reward Points after $2000 spent (already posted). Earns 5x reward points. I can redeem airfare with 50% more value (seems to be ~25% more value, still good deal), just hesitant of leaving rewards in there in case I get banned. I've been a Wells Fargo customer for 15+ years if that means anything. (I've had a checking account with Wells Fargo since 14)

and I actually received another exact same offer today again, even though I already have the card... can someone else use the reservation #?

Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Can't believe you even made it to a 3rd call honestly. You must not be spending that much
i have been 5.25 x-ing the CL for 3 mo
in the first cycle, i stayed below CL

I am not sure if i should call in. Account is locked but they haven't posted the cash rewards to my checking account. thinking about waiting until they post before calling. i did make overpayments but 6 wks ago. they are locking my acct every few transactions now
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Questions on the application form

I have a WF checking account for several years. In the past year or so, each time I logged off online banking, this 5x card offer popped up.

Today I decided to check the application form out. Using the online banking login, I was brought to a screen prefilled with my name and address.

The most unusual thing is, it does NOT have a question for annual income but it has a question for Additional as well as Accessible Income with Yes or No boxes. BUT NO ANNUAL INCOME Question on the form.

Do you use the Additional Income to put in your annual income? There are categories of income to select from the drop down menu once you click Yes on the Additional Income.

I have never seen a credit card application form does not ask for Annual Income.

What do you guys see or remember what you see on your application?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
I already have the 5x card.
then you are ineligible
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:26 pm

i have been 5.25 x-ing the CL for 3 mo
in the first cycle, i stayed below CL

I am not sure if i should call in. Account is locked but they haven't posted the cash rewards to my checking account. thinking about waiting until they post before calling. i did make overpayments but 6 wks ago. they are locking my acct every few transactions now
Yea I would wait until your rewards posting you already redeemed them. Although if you did redeem I would think tee mail they send you is enough to say the rewards are yours. Let us know what happens.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by jazzmailman
I have the Wells Fargo VISA Signature Card - 30k Reward Points after $2000 spent (already posted). Earns 5x reward points. I can redeem airfare with 50% more value (seems to be ~25% more value, still good deal), just hesitant of leaving rewards in there in case I get banned. I've been a Wells Fargo customer for 15+ years if that means anything. (I've had a checking account with Wells Fargo since 14)

and I actually received another exact same offer today again, even though I already have the card... can someone else use the reservation #?

Thanks.
I know for the rewards card that I have, I have seen no difference in redeeming for travel. So I wonder if you have the same. If you do, then you can just redeem for cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.