Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jatink129
It's not 3rd night free. It's last night free.
Big difference.

So if you're booking a two night stay...The second night becomes the last night and is free.
Effectively making it a super simple way of scoring BOGO award redemptions.
Oh I thought you had to use two nights to get the 3rd night free. Good to know its good on just one night.

I'm assuming you can't tie this to multiple consecutive reservations at the same place.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by whatmakes
Oh I thought you had to use two nights to get the 3rd night free. Good to know its good on just one night.

I'm assuming you can't tie this to multiple consecutive reservations at the same place.
You can find your answer in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...n-renewal.html
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by whatmakes

Yeah...the system won't let you. If you do 12th and 13th and try to do a separate booking for 14th and 15th...you won't get the promo for the second one.

A nice way of getting around this is getting a spouse to also get the card.
You book two and then she books two. And so on and so forth.

I think it was also possible to get it if you had the Biz card...so two days off the personal card and two off the Biz. But I could be mistaken.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:10 pm

Hey guys,
Just ran my first app-o-ramma..hope it was a decent one!
Currently have
Amex Blue Cash
Amex SPG personal
Amex Plum Business
Chase freedom
Chase ink bold (applied in June and was approved for the 60k offer)

Today's app-o-ramma
Citi AA Platinum plus- approved instantly (plan on applying for a second card in 9 days)
Amex SPG Business- approved instantly
United Mileage Explorer personal- approved instantly
United Mileage Explorer business- pending . Tried calling the business recon line but since it's Sunday they are closed. Will try tomorrow

Any quick recommendations of anything else I should apply for today or does this look good?
Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:44 pm

Brand new and interested in learning

I just learned about "Churning" A few days ago and I am extremely interested. The problem is I'm so new to this I know almost nothing. I have a few questions.

Good lord, where do I start?

Are there any books I can read on this subject?

My primary reason would be to earn miles specifically to travel with my husband overseas. Mostly Europe and Asia. Should I apply to the same cards for both of us and double miles quickly? Is that wise?

Is it possible to earn enough miles for about one trip overseas for two people a year?

Thanks for any help!
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by Kaelar
I just learned about "Churning" A few days ago and I am extremely interested. The problem is I'm so new to this I know almost nothing. I have a few questions.

PM sent.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum

Just did a mini-AOR for Club Carlson, Delta Reserve OPEN, AA Plat and will grab another AA 50k in 8 days.

Advice on getting SPG OPEN considering I applied for Delta Reserve open (and will need
to call recon line ("application under review")? Should I wait until approved? Not apply at all?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by A5Globetrotter
Just did a mini-AOR for Club Carlson, Delta Reserve OPEN, AA Plat and will grab another AA 50k in 8 days.
Good luck on that 2nd AA Plat, reports are that it died over the weekend. I'm in the same boat as you, in that I was hoping to get a 2nd card this week since I was approved for my 1st this past Thursday. I'll be keeping a close eye on that thread, but as of now it appears to be over.

Last edited by dajoip; Aug 26, 2013 at 6:39 am
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
You mean getting a second 50k has been shut down?

Also, any recommendations on the SPG OPEN? Can I apply for that after I just applied (and was approved) for a Delta Reserve OPEN?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:05 am

Was approved for the UA Business card this morning after spending 5 minutes on the phone with recon.
Originally Posted by toothfilla
Hey guys,
Currently have
Amex Blue Cash
Amex SPG personal
Amex Plum Business
Chase freedom

Today's app-o-ramma
Citi AA Platinum plus- approved instantly (plan on applying for a second card in 9 days)
United Mileage Explorer business- pending . Tried calling the business recon line but since it's Sunday they are closed. Will try tomorrow

Any quick recommendations of anything else I should apply for today or does this look good?
Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat
Just to reiterate, if you are getting the USBank Club Carlson card, freeze your IDA and ARS accounts first. This churn worked except for USBank for me (wife's approved).

Chase Southwest biz card
Chase Southwest personal
usair personal barclays -2nd in a year
citi personal AA visa 40K - matched to 50K

me and wife- US Bank Club Carlson personal 80K x 2

wife - chase united personal 50K
wife - chase United biz cards 50K
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: United, UR, AA, USAirways, AirTran, JetBlue, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by toothfilla
Hey guys,
Currently have
Amex Blue Cash
Amex SPG personal
Amex Plum Business
Chase freedom

Today's app-o-ramma

Thanks!
I did my first AoR this last week as well with those exact same cards along with the Barclays US Airways (35k first purchase) and Amex HHonors (50k after $750).
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:22 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by Kaelar

Start with your flyertalk mail box.. you have a personal msg from me..

Good luck..
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Second AA out of the picture...

I just missed the opportunity to grab two more AA cards...Should we go for AA Business? Still hoping for a response to my post #1078 from yesterday. Now that the easy 50k (times 2) offer is off the table for us, we need to find another great offer for the AOR...considering travel from London to Paris and then to Singapore perhaps we should be working on another angle? We've been saving up and have 235k BA miles - 120K AA - 82k Delta - 500k USAir, and about 85k in SPG. Would like to go for the up front seats if possible without depleting the whole pile. Can't go for another Chase card just yet. What to do? Thanks to all and especially FT's travel experts who seem to know just about everything there is to know! I'm working on it, really.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by ladoo420
I did my first AoR this last week as well with those exact same cards along with the Barclays US Airways (35k first purchase) and Amex HHonors (50k after $750).
Awesome! I should have applied to those two as well but I thought 4 in a day would be good. I guess I've learned for next time. Although since those are different banks maybe I should go for them today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.