FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1415338-barclays-arrival-arrival-cards-1-1-2-2-travel-credits.html)

hsmama Apr 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp (Post 20595342)
You really should do research into a program before you apply...

thank you.:D I have, but I still have some questions....and though I looked at the site when I set up the card, I didn't see a clear path to redeeming them, ala SWA or whatever. That is a simple 'have points,buy tickets' type of redeeming. Or Amex, which was a simple'have points, buy things' type of redeeming. Are there any good links to read for a thorogh explanation? Just figured I'd toss it out here......thanks and I will keep reading on my own,I promise...;)

michael_v Apr 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by hsmama (Post 20596217)
thank you.:D I have, but I still have some questions....and though I looked at the site when I set up the card, I didn't see a clear path to redeeming them, ala SWA or whatever. That is a simple 'have points,buy tickets' type of redeeming. Or Amex, which was a simple'have points, buy things' type of redeeming. Are there any good links to read for a thorogh explanation? Just figured I'd toss it out here......thanks and I will keep reading on my own,I promise...;)

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/04/deta...ption-options/

hsmama Apr 15, 2013 1:45 pm

thanks for the link!

rdnrvn Apr 20, 2013 8:35 pm

How long does it take to get the Arrival card in the mail? I got instant approved 3 business days ago.

texasguy77 Apr 21, 2013 1:29 am

Originally Posted by rdnrvn (Post 20625456)
How long does it take to get the Arrival card in the mail? I got instant approved 3 business days ago.

I got approved 4/14 and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I think they said 7-10 days, I guess I should have done the expedited shipping.

Update: Approved 4/14, received card 4/22.

ralexander Apr 21, 2013 6:09 am

I got mine after about a week

rdnrvn Apr 21, 2013 8:59 am

Thanks for the responses. Will wait patiently :)

Dynastar Apr 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Before I pull the trigger on this one, I assume that it's OK to apply your miles on this card towards expensive purchases where you're not fully reimbursed? For instance, if I buy a $500 ticket it will let me apply 40,000 points ($400) towards that, correct?

84fiero Apr 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by scottytheoneandonly (Post 20594157)
are points from this card transferrable? could I transfer points to my skymiles acct?

No.

Mirage777 Apr 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Barclays Arrival Card

How often can you apply for Barclays credit cards? I just applied for a US Air MC about two weeks ago, how long should I wait to apply for the Arrival card?

KennyBSAT Apr 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mirage777 (Post 20640843)
How often can you apply for Barclays credit cards? I just applied for a US Air MC about two weeks ago, how long should I wait to apply for the Arrival card?

Barclays is all over the map, and seems to have been tightening up on apps.

My advice - If you have few other recent apps you might be ok, otherwise I would wait until you have paid your first statement on the USAir.

patternseverywhere Apr 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Some of my data points...

Applied 4/11. Approved same day after recon. Received 4/18. Met spending requirement 4/19. Points posted today, 4/23.

amolkold Apr 23, 2013 5:52 pm

If you have previous Barclays cards, I find that doing charges every so often on them increases the chances of getting an approval on a later card to be better. This is from experience of handling apps for myself + 2 others with similar scores.

Jetsfan Apr 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Looking for guidance on how to handle a Barclay's reconsideration call. Most recent attempt of mine was not successful.

I Love to Travel Apr 23, 2013 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dynastar (Post 20629220)
Before I pull the trigger on this one, I assume that it's OK to apply your miles on this card towards expensive purchases where you're not fully reimbursed? For instance, if I buy a $500 ticket it will let me apply 40,000 points ($400) towards that, correct?

Yes, that's what I was told by Barclays. Final spend purchase posted today, which included a travel related purchase >$400. I checked and it's giving me the choice to apply $400 or less toward the charge. I notice that you have to redeem in 2500 point increments.