FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1415338-barclays-arrival-arrival-cards-1-1-2-2-travel-credits.html)

Visconti Jun 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by chrisj500 (Post 20912020)
I was denied for too much available credit as well, previously with the Priceline 2% card a few months ago. I placed a reconsideration call, and was able to get the card approved by reducing the limit on a different card.

She called to recon, but the analyst observed that though her credit score is excellent (800s according to him), the reason for the decline is her NFL card which has been unused for the past 3 months.

That's my fault, since I had her apply for the 40K points for $1,000 spend. Redeemed for 410, paid the balance, and SD'ed it afterwards.

Superorb Jun 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by skibum7732 (Post 20912794)
I just got approved fur US and Arrival on same day about 2 weeks ago. Had F9 card with them for about 1.5 years prior

Instant approvals for both cards?

fearziz Jun 15, 2013 4:06 pm

What are my redemption choices with this Barclay Arrival 40k after 1000$ in 90 days? They do a really good job hiding your choices. I personally don't have an airline or hotel stays in the next 6 months to use this on. I'd love to transfer these miles to an airline account or use it toward electronics cash credit. Is this possible? with my chase sapphire I can use rewards points on Amazon. Any chance to do this with this card?

restonva Jun 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Barclaycard Redemption Options

You will get the best value if you redeem points against travel charges on your statement. If you redeem for gift cards or cash, the points will be worth half as much, $200 as opposed to $400.

amolkold Jun 16, 2013 12:21 am

Buy a refundable ticket, "pay off" the charge with points, then cancel ticket?

robertw477 Jun 16, 2013 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by romsdeals3 (Post 20896143)
It's very hard to be approved for 2 Barclaycards. I tried to apply for Arrival and NFL card at the same time and could not get approved for NFL despite calling 3 times to Barclays. I would take it easy with Barclays.

They are a weird one. For years I could only get 1 card from them. Then I was reading a blog about getting multiples from them. Recently I got the Priceline, US Airways and Barclay Arrival. So I have 4 Barclay cards with the Travelocity one as well. Not sure if Barclay is wroth it past the first year at a 89.00 fee though. Travelocity is a 2% card when used properly for airfare. Pricelien is a straight 2% cash card.

Rob

Superorb Jun 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Got the 7-10 day message and yesterday it said they couldn't approve me for an Arrival. They've really tightened up the past few months.

topaz420 Jun 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Is it possible to convert the annual fee card to the no annual fee card after 1 year?

lz80521 Jun 18, 2013 1:25 pm

applied for the arrival minutes ago. Pending. Then called recon, finally declined due to recent new credit accounts (us airways approved two weeks ago). Is it necessary to call them again? I guess no...

smedleyb Jun 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Wife and I both declined for Arrival card after waiting 10 days. Both got US Air card about 10 months ago. I guess I gotta call and try to sweet talk my way for approval. Hate to waste an inquiry, but not looking forward to calling Barclay's either. Methinks they're not gonna budge.

topaz420 Jun 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Darn, yesterday I had apps for Barclay US Air and Barclay Arrival. When US Air came back as "pending" I chickened out on risking another pull for Arrival, and then 10 hours later I got the approved email for US Air. Probably too late now for Arrival?

whatmakes Jun 18, 2013 7:38 pm

I applied for the US Airways card and got approved on Apr 30 (2 months ago). I also have another Barclay's card that I've had for 5+ years, although I haven't used it much in the past year.

What's the likelihood I will get approval if I apply for this card on Jun 30? Is there any rush to take advantage of the Arrival deal? I don't want it to go away.

smedleyb Jun 19, 2013 6:36 am

Just finished calling Barclays. Even with high income/excellent credit they refuse to overturn decision to deny Arrival card, claiming one card (my US Air card) is enough. They mentioned "too many recent account openings" as the primary reason for the denial. In other words, ".... you points junkie, we know what you're up to!"

whatmakes Jun 19, 2013 6:38 am

Originally Posted by smedleyb (Post 20950205)
Just finished calling Barclays. Even with high income/excellent credit they refuse to overturn decision to deny Arrival card, claiming one card (my US Air card) is enough. They mentioned "too many recent account openings" as the primary reason for the denial. In other words, ".... you points junkie, we know what you're up to!"

How many other cards did you open in the last 6 months? And when did you get the US Air card? I'm worried they'll say the same thing to me (even though I have a 5+ year history with them)

smedleyb Jun 19, 2013 6:50 am

Originally Posted by whatmakes (Post 20950212)
How many other cards did you open in the last 6 months? And when did you get the US Air card? I'm worried they'll say the same thing to me (even though I have a 5+ year history with them)

I've actually toned down my application activity over the past 6 months, no more than 3 cards. But yeah, I still have roughly 15 accounts open. I do have the US Air card, opened last September. Meh. I'm still debating if my wife should call. She has fewer accounts than I (including US Air card), a lesser credit score, but more recent account openings. Seems like a lot of work for $440 at this point, but that figure (X2 if wife got it) would have been useful to cover some miscellaneous travel charges over the next 6 months.