Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:38 pm

Thank you!

Originally Posted by flymonthly
Yes! See below.
A picture is worth a thousand words (or 50,000 points
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Originally Posted by KevinInRI
Just a caution... if you get approved online, make sure you click "Accept Offer" on the next page when you get the approval. I got instantly approved for the biz card, and I read the next page too fast and thought the "Accept" or "Decline" was about the balance transfer option that's also discussed on that page (as nothing like that has ever come up on any other online application). So I accidentally hit "Decline" and the application was removed from the system. Called back to see if they could reactivate it; they said no I'd have to apply again. After applying again I got the standard "wait 7-10 days"; now even after getting approved online, I got rejected after submitting the 2nd application.
YIKE! Sorry to hear that. Did they pulled 2 inquiries on your Experian?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Smile Like!

Thanks for posting the screenshot- this is one of the two major reasons I applied for the card (and glad I was accepted).

Yes! See below.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:24 pm

Did you have to call to get this benefit or did you get automatically recognized as a cardholder after a couple of days?

On a topic I posted about earlier this week, I just got a message back from operations that they have solved the problem related to online account signup after receiving the card. I have just successfully created an account.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by jsammerman
Did you have to call to get this benefit or did you get automatically recognized as a cardholder after a couple of days?
It was automatic a few days after I applied, but the only way I could tell was to do a dummy award booking.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Anyone knows if there is a way to transfer points between two Club accounts like Marriot?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
Anyone knows if there is a way to transfer points between two Club accounts like Marriot?
Yep, just call Member Services. As far as I know, there are no restrictions on transferring from your account. Transfer is nearly instantaneous.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:35 pm

It was automatic a few days after I applied, but the only way I could tell was to do a dummy award booking.
Just tried it myself and it shows up for me too. This is great. Has to be one of the best loyalty bonuses available.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Originally Posted by philemer
On one of the blogs it was mentioned that you have to have enough pts in your account for the 2 night stay if you want to book a 2 night, one night free, stay. But then they only take out 1 nights worth of pts. So, if you want to stay at a 50K property you need to have 100K in your account before you book. This is limiting.
Could any one please confirm or deny the above? Those of you who did the "dummy" booking - did you only have 50,000 points in your account at the time you tried to book?

Thanks and Happy Holidays
Old Dec 19, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by forextrader
Could any one please confirm or deny the above? Those of you who did the "dummy" booking - did you only have 50,000 points in your account at the time you tried to book?

I was able to do a dummy booking with less than enough points for 2 nights. I had 60,000(ish) and tried booking 2 nights @ 38,000. No problem, correctly let me through using just 38,000 points.

This benefit rocks!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by jsammerman

On a topic I posted about earlier this week, I just got a message back from operations that they have solved the problem related to online account signup after receiving the card. I have just successfully created an account.
Same here. I had issues with online banking, but now looks like it's solved.

Also, it's been a couple of weeks since my premier rewards visa account was opened, and my club carlson account still has "RED" status. I called US Bank to inquire, and the customer service rep said she will send a message to the team handling Club Carlson. But so far, no upgrade in status yet.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
Final recap:
I received my second denial letter. The first was the auto-rejection by "the computer" based on too many inquiries. The second was the closest US Bank gets to reconsideration, which is to say they told me on the phone they had already set mine aside for manual review before I called. But still rejected for too many inquiries (13 in last 12 mo. total, only 2 on EQ).

But my wife was finally approved! After getting immediately rejected, she had to call to verify it was her applying. Then 3 days later the auto-phone status said approved. (6 inq last 12 mo total, 1 on EQ).

So for those keeping track: the completely not-statistically relevant single sample size threshold is between 6 and 12 inquiries over 12 months.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by forextrader

My wife's account was exactly the same - 57k points in the account allowed booking of 2 nights that would normally be 50k each. I also had to keep trying a dummy booking to see the change. It took 3 days after I heard the approval message on the phone status line. No change in status yet - still Red.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Awwucks
Final recap:
I received my second denial letter. The first was the auto-rejection by "the computer" based on too many inquiries. The second was the closest US Bank gets to reconsideration, which is to say they told me on the phone they had already set mine aside for manual review before I called. But still rejected for too many inquiries (13 in last 12 mo. total, only 2 on EQ).

But my wife was finally approved! After getting immediately rejected, she had to call to verify it was her applying. Then 3 days later the auto-phone status said approved. (6 inq last 12 mo total, 1 on EQ).

So for those keeping track: the completely not-statistically relevant single sample size threshold is between 6 and 12 inquiries over 12 months.
Spouse autorejected when applying online, but I would like to call. What number did you call, and do you have any other tips? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by echip
YIKE! Sorry to hear that. Did they pulled 2 inquiries on your Experian?
One inquiry. For the record, I have a 774 score with 5 inquiries in the previous 12 months, 3 in the last 6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.