Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25
i did NOT enter the CC Reward # on the business app.

I also did the business app first then the personal
Did you try to merge the accounts or change thew account number to match a single account?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by Superorb
Did you try to merge the accounts or change thew account number to match a single account?
Have not try it yet, you can transfer points freely between accounts. Only takes 5 mins on the phone. I am not to worried about combine them.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by teddy25
Have not try it yet, you can transfer points freely between accounts. Only takes 5 mins on the phone. I am not to worried about combine them.
I didn't know you could combine points, that's good to know. Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You dont even need to call, but send an email to request. I prefer email which gives me a written record of what I requested and what they responded.

They took care of it very quick. I am impressed.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Marriott, SW, Club Carlson, IHG
reconsideration from US Bank

Originally Posted by Jeremy Humboldt
Reapplying and freezing, do I freeze ARS or is it lakeside information resources or someone else??????

Applied for the consumer card the day it was issued, but was declined due to perhaps ARS or someone similar.

Or is there a better way to go about reapplying? i actually believe I still have a flexperks card with us bank which I never used that they gave me after northwest worldperks disappeared.

Any advice or updated contact information appreciated thank you
My experience: I have high credit score, 4 new cards in previous 6 mo. I applied for club carlson card, got denied. They initially told me contact ARS & verify info. Did so. ARS report didn't show half my recent credit card apps (from Citi). But nothing inaccurate. (So my take/advice is that the ARS report isn't really all of what they rely upon and is way overemphasized in this thread.)

I have the US Bank flexperks card that I haven't used much in a couple years (tho I did like it at one time). I called US Bank and said, "I did the ARS thing, it is fine. Hey, I have one of your cards, I'd be happy to exchange it or trade some credit limit." Their rep said, "oh, I see. looks good, I'll resubmit and expect it to be OK". (eventually, no credit limit shifting was required.) New card got same limit as my flexperks.) 3-5 days later, "approved" but in some hokey "verification" stage which took about 5 more days (despite much shorter promises on the phone). Another 7-10 days after that card finally arrived in mail. Total time from online app. to starting spend was well over a month. What a hassle. Radissons better be nice for the effort!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:28 pm
wcj

4 inquiries about four months ago, 8 in past year, instant approval. Husband, same cards, higher score, more income, pended, but approved the following business day.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:51 pm

data point...

have lots of new accounts - probably 6-8 for each my wife and I within the last 6 months; figured applying was futile.

We were both approved.

We have had a largely unused flexpoints cc for many years. I try to charge a couple bucks to it every couple of months. But we also have had a checking account with them with pretty decent balance (10k+) on average for 8+ years so I imagine that may have helped.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Just put in my app auto approved. This was my first out of 3 tonight. Have not signed up for any since Aug 2012.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:17 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
You dont even need to call, but send an email to request. I prefer email which gives me a written record of what I requested and what they responded.

They took care of it very quick. I am impressed.
What email address you write to transfer points
Old Apr 27, 2013, 5:43 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
US Bank uses a more conservative FICO model.

Given the number of denials reported in this thread from US Bank, I thought my experience this week might be interesting.

My husband applied for the Club Carlson card and a card from Bank of America earlier this week. (US Bank approved him instantly, BofA pending).

Today we got those letters that say "Your credit score and the price you pay from credit" that you always receive from USBank and FIA. (I've never gotten one from Amex, Citi or Chase but always from US and FIA.)

The US Bank letter quotes his credit score as 720 on Apr 22 (Experian)
The FIA letter (Bank of America) quotes 789 on Apr 22 (Experian)

Although he was instantly approved by US Bank, their letter says the factors that adversely affected his score are:

- length of time since most recent account established
- length of time accounts have been established
- proportion of bal to high credit
- current balances on revolving accounts
- number of recent inquiries

I did a quick search and realized that there are 49 different FICO algorithms, and US Bank appears to use a more conservative version than FIA, or at least one that weighs recent inquiries and account age aspects more heavily.

The US Bank letter specifies that it uses the Experian FICO Classic V3 version of credit score algorithm. The FIA letter does not specify which version is used.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gotofly
What email address you write to transfer points
You can find it under Contact Us.

[email protected]
Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akp
Given the number of denials reported in this thread from US Bank, I thought my experience this week might be interesting.

My husband applied for the Club Carlson card and a card from Bank of America earlier this week. (US Bank approved him instantly, BofA pending).

Today we got those letters that say "Your credit score and the price you pay from credit" that you always receive from USBank and FIA. (I've never gotten one from Amex, Citi or Chase but always from US and FIA.)

The US Bank letter quotes his credit score as 720 on Apr 22 (Experian)
The FIA letter (Bank of America) quotes 789 on Apr 22 (Experian)

Although he was instantly approved by US Bank, their letter says the factors that adversely affected his score are:

- length of time since most recent account established
- length of time accounts have been established
- proportion of bal to high credit
- current balances on revolving accounts
- number of recent inquiries

I did a quick search and realized that there are 49 different FICO algorithms, and US Bank appears to use a more conservative version than FIA, or at least one that weighs recent inquiries and account age aspects more heavily.

The US Bank letter specifies that it uses the Experian FICO Classic V3 version of credit score algorithm. The FIA letter does not specify which version is used.
Thanks for the post. I always wonder why others receive the FICO reports on their card application. We never receive any such information from any of the banks. It would be nice to have this information for free but somehow we never got such info.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Plat
Thanks LivelyFL. I wonder if an alternate approach would work for what I need - 3 rooms for 2 nights. What if one makes separate reservations for each room. Namely, book room #1 (2 award nights with 1 "paid", 1 free) - and then repeat the process for the same dates on two more separate reservations? Does the system somehow not give you the free night credit on reservation #2 and #3?

Originally Posted by LivelyFL
You can't have more than one room per night (and get next night free). I already tried it and it didn't work. But my husband got the card then I could get one room and have a night free and he got another room (for our kids) and had the night free.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:12 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
Thanks for the post. I always wonder why others receive the FICO reports on their card application. We never receive any such information from any of the banks. It would be nice to have this information for free but somehow we never got such info.
That's very interesting! You don't get it from FIA or USBank even? According to the linked article below, a Credit Score Disclosure is supposed to be sent to all approved applicants for credit:

http://www.scoreinfo.org/Disclosure-...re-Notice.aspx

I forgot to mention one other interesting aspect of the letters. The US Bank one says

"Under federal law, you have the right to obtain a copy of your credit report without any charge for 60 days after you receive this notice." (note this accompanied an approved application, not a rejection)

But the FIA one says

" Under federal law, you have the right to obtain a free copy of your credit report from each of the nationwide consumer reporting agencies once a year."
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by akp
I forgot to mention one other interesting aspect of the letters. The US Bank one says

"Under federal law, you have the right to obtain a copy of your credit report without any charge for 60 days after you receive this notice." (note this accompanied an approved application, not a rejection)

But the FIA one says

" Under federal law, you have the right to obtain a free copy of your credit report from each of the nationwide consumer reporting agencies once a year."
I have seen this as well, and it was always my understanding you could only get your report with a declined application. It seems you can get a report with any adverse decision (i.e. your lower score qualified for you a $2K limit rather than a $5K limit based on your income).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.