Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
    Originally Posted by mrredskin
    which is exactly what it should be processed as.
    But which sometimes isn't and is a good data point to know.
    Old May 10, 2012, 2:55 pm
    fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
    Originally Posted by ma91pmh
    Kids: anyone able to open a kids account online? I managed to open mine, but was told that custodian accounts (which are required to have the kids name on the card and thus have a unique skymiles member number to them applied to it) can only be done in a branch?
    quote:I apologize, in order to establish a joint account with a minor we require you to visit a local office with your son. Unfortunately that would not be possible since you are located outside our footprint.
    Old May 10, 2012, 3:45 pm
    formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
    Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
    Originally Posted by abcx
    Really, people got fired for that? I didn't know that and even though Rick sent them a fruit platter or something, it hardly makes up for getting fired. Almost nothing would in this economy. I'm pretty sure Rick didn't mention it on his blog or apologize.

If that is indeed the case, then it is very distasteful to be asking again in the HHI branch.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence without even PMing me for the details.

Yes people were fired last time. The entire branch staff was let go. Before I even notified all of you last time about their willingness to help I went directly to the branch manager and asked her to contact the home office before I put it on the blog. The next day she gave me the go ahead and I notified all of you. It wasnt until the deal was over and all the employees let go did the ex branch manager tell me she never did consult with the home office. She decided unilaterally to just process the apps like she did the year before without incident.

Now armed with the facts, yes I went to the new branch manager again this year and had the same open conversation I had with the last one. This year she did check with the home office and the decision made by the Hilton Heac Branch was only to take apps in person. Their choice and their wishes were expressed in the original post of this thread. And it is your choice to contact your local branch or to process your applications online from many states without incident.

As far as apologizing, it was the ex branch manager that made the unilateral decision to act on her own. And we did help support the employees that were let go. Some readers made cash contributions and Katy and I helped support the most disheartening case of a single mom that was let go with cash for many months after the incident until she got back on her feet and working for another bank on the island.
    Old May 10, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
    Originally Posted by scoobyalty
    Reading through the T&C's I see only certain states qualify...I live in MN would I not qualify for the offer?
    Already covered.
    Old May 10, 2012, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Frugal Travel Guy
    Some readers made cash contributions and Katy and I helped support the most disheartening case of a single mom that was let go with cash for many months after the incident until she got back on her feet and working for another bank on the island.
    Trying to hold Rick responsible for the actions of SunTrust is a flawed argument. SunTrust put the offer out there, Rick asked the manager, Rick wrote about it, FlyerTalkers jumped on it, SunTrust reacted (poorly). Rick, I think that was nice of you to support that woman as well as organize our community to help as well.

Now on to the more important stuff. If you can fund this account with a credit card, does that mean you can also fund it with an AMEX gift card?
    Old May 10, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, etc
    Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
    I was able to initially open an account online by myself but it was closed the next day They said it was probably because they were unable to properly verify me. They ask that I stop by a branch with my license so that they can reopen it.
    They closed my account next day after opening as well. I called and the CSR was only able to tell me the account was closed and that I will receive the reason in mail. I initiated a transfer from another account at the time of opening and the money is taken from that account but is not accessible anywhere.
    I will stop by the branch on Monday but I'm quite disappoined with their actions and the lack of available information.
    Old May 10, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
    Anyone know how much they'll let you fund with a credit card?

If I live in MD (where there are plenty of SunTrusts), can I still do everything online and be on the up and up? I don't want to take the time to go to the bank if I don't have to.
    Old May 10, 2012, 9:53 pm

I believe the amount you can fund with cc is $500, but may likely be processed as cash advance.
    Old May 10, 2012, 10:17 pm

Anyone know how much they'll let you fund with a credit card?
    -----------------------------

One place on the website said min $50 max $500 while another place said min $100 max $500.
    Old May 11, 2012, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Yoksel
    They closed my account next day after opening as well. I called and the CSR was only able to tell me the account was closed and that I will receive the reason in mail. I initiated a transfer from another account at the time of opening and the money is taken from that account but is not accessible anywhere.
    I will stop by the branch on Monday but I'm quite disappoined with their actions and the lack of available information.
    Same. CA resident, so I'm done with this one.
    Old May 11, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
    Thanks for the data points. I think I might pull the trigger on this as I have no other points earning debit cards (thought I doubt I'll put all my business to Suntrust since Schwab's Investor checking seems much easier to deal with since I've been using them).

Has anyone funded their account with a credit card and can say whether or not it is credited as a cash advance? I was probably going to use my Ink Bold to do it since I'm still trying to meet the spending requirement.
    Old May 11, 2012, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by thtsapaddlin
    Same. CA resident, so I'm done with this one.
    I'm in CA and just had a chat online with a Suntrust representative and he assured me that accounts would not be closed just because of location. I haven't received my start-up package in the mail so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly.
    Old May 11, 2012, 11:48 am

from my chat when opening my account:

Mark H: Excellent! You have been approved for the account!
    Mark H: The next step is to fund the account.
    Mark H: Which method of funding your opening deposit do you prefer?
    Mark H: 1. Visa / Mastercard Cash Advance
    Mark H: 2. Draft from non-SunTrust checking account
    Mark H: 3. Go to SunTrust branch for deposit
    Mark H: 4. Mail back check with Signature Cards after you receive the Welcome Packet by mail.
    Old May 11, 2012, 2:15 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
    S+3>5x2=D+mm/365x2%c=CS=^^/TIME

That's all I am going to say.
    Otherwise it is not worth doing this one either.
    Old May 11, 2012, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by milesnow
    I'm in CA and just had a chat online with a Suntrust representative and he assured me that accounts would not be closed just because of location. I haven't received my start-up package in the mail so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly.
    In CA as well, looks like my account was canceled. Fund transfer has been reversed and online id no longer valid. No calls or e-mails explaining reason. Will report back with results after phone call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.