Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:00 pm
    Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
    Originally Posted by charms81
    Wirelessly posted (Galaxy S2: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

My debit card purchase miles posted, but my DD miles didn't. I did a real DD using my business payroll for mine and spouses account for $200 each last month. So i only got the initial 15k, not the DD yet. Has anyone called ST and found them helpful? Thanks!

I never called, but mine took awhile to post and was not at same time as debit purchases. I doubt you will get much help with call, as they'll likely tell you to wait and see.
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
    Words fail me....
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: MM2H
    game over

The horde has been unleashed. Pontypool changes everything.

The game is over. Time to move on to new frontiers and greener pastures.

Last edited by Ki7roy; Aug 7, 2012 at 9:40 am
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
    Originally Posted by User Name
    Words fail me....
    Try here.
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:36 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
    I'm going to keep this one short and sweet: In the interest of damage control, I would kindly request that people refrain from continuing to link to a particular blog post made today. Methinks that the horse is already galloping down Main Street, having been let out of the barn this morning, but I'd love to just let this one blow over.

Mike
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: A few
    game over, milk it as much as you can now before the 5,500 readers over there work out how to do it. and remember there are other places that sell these goods
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
    Originally Posted by ma91pmh
    game over, milk it as much as you can now before the 5,500 readers over there work out how to do it. and remember there are other places that sell these goods
    What's that in your signature? Ahh, a hyperlink I wonder where it leads!

Too much witchcraft out in the open public space, people! Why do you think FT has PM's?
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
    Originally Posted by centrifuge41

Too much witchcraft out in the open public space, people! Why do you think FT has PM's?
    +1
    Nice . . .
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
    Originally Posted by centrifuge41

Oh for the love of God, there's another one....
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
    A big majority of the readers on that particular blog are noobies (read the comments) who like to become mega miles millionaires over night. No self control or anything. Will this way of life be dead? May be/May be not.. We shall see...
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: everything
    I completed check card purchase and direct deposit late July, but only 5,000 miles posted yesterday for welcome bonus.
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: A few
    Originally Posted by User Name
    Oh for the love of God, there's another one....
    i wrote about it weeks ago and nobody bat an eyelid. i have helped several people right here do this via pm. if i had the same level of readership i would exercise a tighter level of discretion. one post in code here spreads more than my post does
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: MM2H
    google

In regards to above comments regarding links, Google "suntrust 30000".
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by barefootist
    I completed check card purchase and direct deposit late July, but only 5,000 miles posted yesterday for welcome bonus.
    The 10K to get you to 15K posts in a separate batch. Give it time.
    Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: Several dozen
    That deal has been dead for a month or two. I'm not even sure at this time that they offer any incentive for opening an account that requires a 3k minimum balance and is very difficult to get out of their service area. Last time I was in my branch they were not too keen on folks just taking them for sign up miles. Alot of folks are being turned down for accounts that do not live in their service area.

Originally Posted by Ki7roy
    In regards to above comments regarding links, Google "suntrust 30000".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.