Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:37 am
Suspended

Should you reduce credit lines on other BofA CCs first before applying for the AS Visa?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Should you reduce credit lines on other BofA CCs first before applying for the AS Visa?
I think so. My prior 3 AS apps had all been instant approvals for a mere Plat card, which took two months to replace with a Sig card. This last time I lowered the CL on my open card to $1K before I canceled it. A couple weeks later I reapplied, and for the first time in forever I got an instant approval for a Sig card with a $17K CL, instead of the $8K CLs I had been getting at Recon. I of course don't know for sure that it was the reduced CL that did the trick, but it seems the most likely reason. And I don't see how it could hurt anything, so why not?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brugge
I think so. My prior 3 AS apps had all been instant approvals for a mere Plat card, which took two months to replace with a Sig card. This last time I lowered the CL on my open card to $1K before I canceled it. A couple weeks later I reapplied, and for the first time in forever I got an instant approval for a Sig card with a $17K CL, instead of the $8K CLs I had been getting at Recon. I of course don't know for sure that it was the reduced CL that did the trick, but it seems the most likely reason. And I don't see how it could hurt anything, so why not?
What argument did you give for lowering the CL?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 12:04 pm

What argument did you give for lowering the CL?
you don't need a reason to lower your CL!
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200
you don't need a reason to lower your CL!
^

I've never been asked why I want to lower a CL.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:04 pm

Never had a BofA card before, but put in two apps for the $100 credit offer just to see what would happen. Thankfully it was only one pull, but both were denied shortly after going into pending, so I called and got the reason "Not enough credit references". I've never heard of this, so I looked it up other peoples' experiences and found very little info. In any case I gave recon a few more tries but no luck, except one app is only back into pending a decision. The last agent was actually pretty rude, and once he mentioned there was a note on my file that I already called recon earlier, I gave up.

Anybody else ever see this reason? I'm really surprised since I've read so much about people leaving multiple cards in their sock drawers for years but never read anything about this reason come up for a denial.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jt58203
I was able to close my first Alaska Airlines credit card through their secure message center last year. My message center won't allow me to do that anymore. There are no options for me to select in the credit card drop down menu. Options are chat (which I've read somewhere that you cannot close an account that way) or calling. I really hate calling! I have about three months before I need to cancel. Just wondering if the message center has worked recently for anyone else.
Incorrect. Closed 2 AS accounts via chat in the past 2 weeks.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:06 am
Suspended

^

I've never been asked why I want to lower a CL.
An how long should/did you wait after the CL reduction to apply for the AS Visa?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:15 am

An how long should/did you wait after the CL reduction to apply for the AS Visa?
I waited 6 weeks, but not because of any data points on how long to wait. Just kind of procrastinated on it.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:21 am
Suspended

I waited 6 weeks, but not because of any data points on how long to wait. Just kind of procrastinated on it.
You think waiting 1 week is enough?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You think waiting 1 week is enough?
I can't remember at what bank (and it may vary from bank to bank), but I reduced two CLs, one well over a month before, and one about two weeks before, and it seemed as if the new card was based on the one done over a month before but not based on the one done only a couple weeks or so before.

So while that's not BofA specific data points, you may be waiting for a long long time for BofA specific data points, since not all people can do data points on this. Those for whom the bank would have given lots of CL even without CL reduced on an existing card can't provide such data points. Only someone (like Brugge) who was previously having trouble getting enough CL for approval as Plat is likely to be able to provide such datapoints.

Still, I would guess it could well a "sweep" (rather than an instant action) that re-evaluates your total CL available based on recently-reduced cards, and who knows how often that "sweep" occurs: maybe one every two weeks at one bank, once a month at another bank, and one every couple months at yet another bank?

So my advice would be to not even try to time it to a new application, but instead "pro-actively" reduce the CL on any existing card as soon as you finish the spend (if any) for the signup bonus and no longer need a big CL.

And, gosh, if it's an Alaska card without the $100 credit, there is no signup bonus, so you could reduce the CL almost as soon as you have the card in hand! @:-)
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
I and husband just received invitations through the mail and nowhere in the paperwork does it say there is a minimum $1k spend for all the benefits.. 25k miles, companion fare , etc.
I have a pre-approved number to submit and its for the Visa Signature

Last edited by duranza; Aug 10, 2015 at 11:35 am
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by duranza
I and husband just received invitations through the mail and nowhere in the paperwork does it say there is a minimum $1k spend for all the benefits.. 25k miles, companion fare , etc.
That's the standard offer. The $1K spend is only for the $100 statement credit offer, and it applies only to the credit, the miles and companion fare are always upon approval. Unless there's a new offer I've not yet seen?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by duranza
25K miles and companion cert are Standard, Upon Approval.

$100 statement credit is for $1K spend and said offer if you follow the thread, recently ONLY appear (and not always) when you attempt a booking on AS website. This offer has always been associated with making AS reservation or handed out flyers in an AS flight. It never is a public offer despite the link(s) have been posted all over web. Due to the abuses induced by bloggers, said links are always been killed by BofA shortly after they are re-discovered.

Read back so you would get a better understanding of this particular card because you sound you dont have an idea on this card and how the app works.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by Happy
25K miles and companion cert are Standard, Upon Approval.

$100 statement credit is for $1K spend and said offer if you follow the thread, recently ONLY appear (and not always) when you attempt a booking on AS website. This offer has always been associated with making AS reservation or handed out flyers in an AS flight. It never is a public offer despite the link(s) have been posted all over web. Due to the abuses induced by bloggers, said links are always been killed by BofA shortly after they are re-discovered.

Read back so you would get a better understanding of this particular card because you sound you dont have an idea on this card and how the app works.
I have read and followed for days and It is not on the wiki for personal cards.

Happy, You can stop replying to my posts since you think I am clueless, which I am not.
You can't just answer the question and not put your personal condescending tone.
Guess you haven't seen all the cards my husband and I have gotten with points and miles to take us to many destinations, for many years, just recently to Norway and Iceland
Thanks for your reply though,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.