Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Called in today to inquire about the status of my app. Was approved on the spot for a cl of $10K.
Good for you - congrats. Would you mind sharing some datapoints (either here or via PM if you prefer)?

How many credit card applications (approved or otherwise) have you done in the past 6, 12 and 24 months?
How many of those applications were with B of A (Alaska, etc.) and how many with other banks?

Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Good for you - congrats. Would you mind sharing some datapoints (either here or via PM if you prefer)?

How many credit card applications (approved or otherwise) have you done in the past 6, 12 and 24 months?
How many of those applications were with B of A (Alaska, etc.) and how many with other banks?

Thanks!
Just two apps in the last 12 months (5 months out and 11 months out).
One with BofA, one with AMEX.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:18 pm

Thank you!
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Called in today to inquire about the status of my app. Was approved on the spot for a cl of $10K.
Congrats!!! I got instant approval with $18000 cl a couple weeks ago. 2 cards still open. Really happy cause I am hoping to fly the whole family to Australia/New Zealand next December on Cathay J so I am aggressively accumulating Alaska Air miles and SPG points.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by mmdough
Congrats!!! I got instant approval with $18000 cl a couple weeks ago. 2 cards still open.
How far apart were the cards acquired?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
How far apart were the cards acquired?
I got the 2 cards in April of this year.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:59 am

I got my first alaska card 100 days ago with a $7K credit limit. I applied for a 2nd one yesterday, and was approved with a $1K credit line! I have a high credit score and high income. Anything you would recommend I try to salvage this botched application attempt?? It does indeed look like the golden years of 6+ months ago are no more..
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Panu81
I got my first alaska card 100 days ago with a $7K credit limit. I applied for a 2nd one yesterday, and was approved with a $1K credit line! I have a high credit score and high income. Anything you would recommend I try to salvage this botched application attempt?? It does indeed look like the golden years of 6+ months ago are no more..
That's a little over 3 months ago. What were you thinking??
Don't forger that if your TOTAL BofA credit line is already high, they will not give you a lot on your new card, thus making it a plat card.

Here are some suggestions for a successful application:

1) Have less than 5 inquires over the last 12 months.
2) Reduce BofA credit lines before applying.
3) Apply for the AS Visa 6+ months after your last BofA application.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:50 am

Hmmm... I've been pretty good with getting credit cards so far, but this was my first attempt to get multiples of a card. Given I've had lots of credit with other banks I didn't consider that an $8K roof was possible for my total credit limit.

Based on what I've been reading online people seem to have been getting this card "every quarter," but Dieuwer you're saying this is not an "every 3 months" card, but every six months? Now I know.. =/

By the way, for comedic effect, a $1K credit line is below platinum level! That stops at $2K.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by TravellerAtoZ
...Based on what I've been reading online people seem to have been getting this card "every quarter," but Dieuwer you're saying this is not an "every 3 months" card, but every six months? Now I know.....
No, actually, you don't know. Nobody else here does either.

Here's what we do know:

In the good old days, B of A was very free and easy about handing out cards, frequently, with little scrutiny. It was easy. Then in some corners of the internet, people started bragging about getting 3, 4, 5 and even more B of A cards on - the - same -day. And then they went online and bragged about it, openly mocking Bank of America. This took place in May. Then, late May or early June, suddenly things changed: B of A is no longer the easy mark they had been. (Gee, who could ever have imagined this would be the result of such flagrant abuse?)

Now they appear to take a hard look at how many cards you have applied for previously, and automatically decline new applications (reason given: "too many recent applications"). Having excellent credit, high income, relationship with B of A, that doesn't trump the "number of recent inquiries".

How many is too many? Don't know. That's not clear yet. How far back do they look at your applications? Don't know. That's not clear yet. Do they look at only B of A applications, or all applications regardless of the bank? Don't know. That's not clear yet.

Things are different now. The old rules no longer apply. Sure, B of A still issues credit cards. But they don't issue them to someone who has a "high number" of "recent applications" (whatever those numbers are), which they did before May. Same as with Chase, we'e in new territory.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
(Gee, who could ever have imagined this would be the result of such flagrant abuse?)
The good thing I guess is that bloggers and the like no longer will be able to live off high frequency credit card churning. They actually might have to find a real job, like cleaning bathrooms!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:19 pm

Can you still apply and get 2 AS personal cards on the same day to merge pulls? I haven't gotten a BOA card in years, and I've got 2 and 1 inquiries on the two bureaus that I can check.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Can you still apply and get 2 AS personal cards on the same day to merge pulls? I haven't gotten a BOA card in years, and I've got 2 and 1 inquiries on the two bureaus that I can check.
YMMV, but I don't think this is possible any more. I was denied a BoA Travel Rewards when I applied on the same day as my BoA Alaska card (which was approved). The reason given was that they couldn't authorize 2 cards in one day. (823TU, 815EQ, one inquiry within the last 12 months on each)

Edit: It looks like RATW recently had a similar experience to mine, although the 30 day thing is news to me.

Last edited by RavenHawk; Aug 20, 2015 at 12:39 pm
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by RavenHawk
YMMV, but I don't think this is possible any more. I was denied a BoA Travel Rewards when I applied on the same day as my BoA Alaska card (which was approved). The reason given was that they couldn't authorize 2 cards in one day. (823TU, 815EQ, one inquiry within the last 12 months on each)

Edit: It looks like RATW recently had a similar experience to mine, although the 30 day thing is news to me.
Did they do a HP for both apps, or only the one that was approved?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
Did they do a HP for both apps, or only the one that was approved?
Just one HP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.