Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Thundershaft
First app got thru just fine. The second was "in-review". Called the RECON line and the rep told me it was seen as a "Duplicate application" in the system.
Did you ask for it to be reconsidered? You can let them know that you want more than one and they will review with a credit analyst to see if you can be approved for a second card.
Old May 13, 2015, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by macrophage
Did you ask for it to be reconsidered? You can let them know that you want more than one and they will review with a credit analyst to see if you can be approved for a second card.
The CSR gave me the 2nd card. The CL was high so I am assuming that I got more room to "Grow".

Last edited by Thundershaft; May 13, 2015 at 11:15 am
Old May 13, 2015, 11:01 am

I successfully applied Monday for a single card before I became aware of the 2 BM/3 BM. Anybody have any idea of my chances of success if I apply for 2 cards today using the 2 BM?
Old May 13, 2015, 11:14 am

Moonlight, you might have to call the reconsideration line to get the new application thru. It seems like the BOA system is flagging apps as "duplicates"
Old May 13, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, BA, HH
had anyone received 1099 for the bonus miles:
In the terms it said:

You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice.
Old May 13, 2015, 12:15 pm

I see much discussion of 2BM/3BM, even 5BM. I remember that back in the day - I believe it was primarily done with Citi apps - the goal was to "trick" Citi (or whatever card issuer) into giving you two approvals by simultaneously do two apps in separate browser windows. Of course, the secondary goal was to have two pulls combined into one. For purposes of BofA and the Alaska card, is there any reason to do the apps more or less simultaneously (versus, say an hour apart)? If not, is it really even a "2BM trick"? It seems that it's really just two (or 3, or 5) apps in one day.

Please understand that I'm not trying to get into semantics here, I'm just looking for a better understanding of what people are trying to accomplish here, as well as the mechanics.

Also, with the link that Doctor of Credit posted, is there any reason to use the incognito mode if the apps are spaced out, at least for the first app?
Old May 13, 2015, 1:04 pm

If you care to read the thread, you will know where the HPs combining happens. (hint: It is not on the bank side).

In general it is a good idea to use incognito mode so that one application doesn't affect the other.

I do see the link will be dead soon with people go wild...
Old May 13, 2015, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by MarkMColo
I see much discussion of 2BM/3BM, even 5BM. I remember that back in the day - I believe it was primarily done with Citi apps - the goal was to "trick" Citi (or whatever card issuer) into giving you two approvals by simultaneously do two apps in separate browser windows. Of course, the secondary goal was to have two pulls combined into one. For purposes of BofA and the Alaska card, is there any reason to do the apps more or less simultaneously (versus, say an hour apart)? If not, is it really even a "2BM trick"? It seems that it's really just two (or 3, or 5) apps in one day.

Please understand that I'm not trying to get into semantics here, I'm just looking for a better understanding of what people are trying to accomplish here, as well as the mechanics.

Also, with the link that Doctor of Credit posted, is there any reason to use the incognito mode if the apps are spaced out, at least for the first app?
If you do not use private or incognito mode you may receive errors when submitting the applications. I was in private mode a couple of weeks ago and received errors (error message: "application is unavailable..." was the one I received) submitting because the browser had a cookie from a prior click to the app (days before I was ready to submit). Once I deleted cookies and used private/incognito had no trouble successfully submitting multiple apps.
Old May 13, 2015, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo
If you care to read the thread, you will know where the HPs combining happens. (hint: It is not on the bank side).

In general it is a good idea to use incognito mode so that one application doesn't affect the other.

I do see the link will be dead soon with people go wild...
Originally Posted by cheapdad00
If you do not use private or incognito mode you may receive errors when submitting the applications. I was in private mode a couple of weeks ago and received errors (error message: "application is unavailable..." was the one I received) submitting because the browser had a cookie from a prior click to the app (days before I was ready to submit). Once I deleted cookies and used private/incognito had no trouble successfully submitting multiple apps.
I do understand how the hard pulls get combined, and it makes sense what both of you say about using incognito mode (I almost always do, with all of the banks). But what I'm curious about is whether it makes any difference to do two apps essentially at once, or do the second one a couple of hours after the first (but early enough in the day to be able to call recon and get the pulls combined later by the credit bureau).
Old May 13, 2015, 3:14 pm

Data point!!!

The CSR gave me the 2nd card. The CL was high so I am assuming that I got more room to "Grow".

Applied for the 3rd today and got the "In review" status from the website. Called the Spanish line and it started going downhill. CSR asked why I needed 3 cards, I told him to split expenses. 4 minutes on hold later, he told me that he can't extend the 3rd card to me because I have 2 cards already within 90 Days....

Sounds extremely fishy. Haven't read through this thread completely but the WIKI has no mentioning of "90 day rule".

Anyone got the 90 day response yet?
Old May 13, 2015, 4:03 pm

Applied for the 3rd today and got the "In review" status from the website. Called the Spanish line and it started going downhill. CSR asked why I needed 3 cards, I told him to split expenses. 4 minutes on hold later, he told me that he can't extend the 3rd card to me because I have 2 cards already within 90 Days....

Sounds extremely fishy. Haven't read through this thread completely but the WIKI has no mentioning of "90 day rule".

Anyone got the 90 day response yet?
WIKI didn't say everyday either but it doesn't imply that you can apply for 3 cards everyday. Common sense rules. You need to find a better excuse or try again.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by MarkMColo
I do understand how the hard pulls get combined, and it makes sense what both of you say about using incognito mode (I almost always do, with all of the banks). But what I'm curious about is whether it makes any difference to do two apps essentially at once, or do the second one a couple of hours after the first (but early enough in the day to be able to call recon and get the pulls combined later by the credit bureau).
Yes. Two at the same time could have better chance of getting two auto approvals.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo
WIKI didn't say everyday either but it doesn't imply that you can apply for 3 cards everyday. Common sense rules. You need to find a better excuse or try again.
People have reported 2BM + 1 or 3BM. Most of the bloggers are reporting success with 3 in a day.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:53 pm

Applied 2 personal, one was auto approved for 13k and 2nd one went pending.called in
and was approved for 5k. when I check my app status online the 2nd one still shows under review, Does it take a while before online app status gets updated ?
Old May 13, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
People have reported 2BM + 1 or 3BM. Most of the bloggers are reporting success with 3 in a day.
No need to do a X#BM app. Do that if you wish, or just apply one after another. But for those of you thinking of doing a 25BM app remember that HPs are only part of the equation. If you are planning on applying for cards from any other banks, they may not see any HPs, depending on the CB they use.

BUT they WILL see X# of cards issued. Just try applying to Barclays a few days after having 4 AS cards issued....not going to get approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.