Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
met my spend through AP .. always did > $750

statements close mid month and I get my spend in first of the month.

How long should I expect for the 15k to post? It says 6-8 weeks, but is that from the end of june, statement close in June where I met the spend, statement close in July after spend was met?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:54 pm

How long after approval are people getting the $750/mo offer?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by Superorb
My husband applied for the card in March and received the offer for June, July & August late May.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by duranza
Anyone else that applied in February get the 15k offer for $750+ spend for 3 mos?
I haven't, at least not yet. Only put about $100 on it so far.

It's also worth noting that my statement closes in the beginning of the month, so hopefully I'll get one soon.

Last edited by PainCorp; Jun 30, 2013 at 1:37 pm
Old Jun 30, 2013, 7:20 am

Fee waived, no spend, US Airways Card, 40K-55K + benies

Applied in feb but didn't get the 750 offer.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:26 pm

In my experience, the key to getting 10,000 anniversary miles before annual fee hits is to get approved as early as possible in the month, to give a chance for the first statement to close during that same month.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:02 am
cnn

My annual fee will be posted in 2 days but I have NOT seen the 10k anniversary bonus.
Anybody knows if I can cancel the card within 30 days after the fee has been posted
to get the fee waived? I applied under the 40k link posted here last year.
Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Also applied in March, got offer for Jun/Jul/Aug. Postcard came in late May.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Applied and approved for first USAir card with 40k in Jan - never received 750/3mo order

Applied and approved for second USAir card with 35k in July

No issues so far... though Barclays has been a pain to deal with previously!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 5:59 pm

Is there any way to ensure getting an email instead of a postcard for the bonus 15K offer? I am overseas and will not be able to check my mail. The person receiving it will probably shred it.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by savedbyhim01
Is there any way to ensure getting an email instead of a postcard for the bonus 15K offer? I am overseas and will not be able to check my mail. The person receiving it will probably shred it.
You can periodically ask them via SM whether your account is attached to this promo.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:30 am

I received the offer two times so far (on two different cards of course) and both times it came both via email and snail mail.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
You may have to enable promotional mails in your user profile.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by BONDMI6
As long as the miles are posted to your US Airways Dividend Miles Account, Barclay cannot claw back any miles posted.

If the miles have not yet posted to your US Airways Dividend Miles Account, Barclay has the option to legally claw back any miles not yet posted.
My wife and I both got the 35k mi bonus card for first use. We each charged under $10 thus far. Should we each charge a few hundred $ a month when it gets close to renewal time so that they don't figure we got the cards just to get the bonus and no fee the first year?

What is everyone else doing?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Long Islander
My wife and I both got the 35k mi bonus card for first use. We each charged under $10 thus far. Should we each charge a few hundred $ a month when it gets close to renewal time so that they don't figure we got the cards just to get the bonus and no fee the first year?

What is everyone else doing?
You're paying the annual fee for the bonus 10k anniversary miles anyways so why put more spending on this card when it could be better utilized on other cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.